When Sungyeol Overheard

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

Right now, all you could think of was:

Chunji, I can’t believe you!!! I can’t believe I trusted you! Who knew you’d be some jerk who’d cheat on me! Myungsoo-ah! Help me! Do something! Help me get back at Chunji…

You held Myungsoo’s hand and squeezed it. You looked at him with pleading eyes. You shook your head, “Don’t…” you muttered.

Myungsoo squeezed your hand back and leaned closer to you. “Don’t worry, I won’t embarrass you in front of him,” he smiled at you. “Do you trust me?”

Though you were puzzled, you still nodded.

Without hesitance, Myungsoo pressed his lips against yours…

You were startled by his abrupt actions but just played along. You were trying to get back at Chunji and all, so you thought of pretending to be cheating on him as well. You were just really surprise to have had your best friend…kiss you.

Sungyeol was out of place in the midst of all this drama. However, he knew that there was nothing between you and Myungsoo. His shoulders deflated in disappointed as he thought wrong. Without further due, he silently walked away.

On the other hand, Chunji didn’t seem to be happy with Myungsoo kissing hisreal girlfriend.

Without thinking, he grabbed Myungsoo by the collar and threw him a punch. “Y-ya! What do you think you’re doing?!” Chunji yelled.

That’s what you get for cheating on ~~~~~~~, Myungsoo thought. That’s right, be jealous Chunji. He smirked.

As Myungsoo fell on the ground, you raced to him. “Myungsoo-ah!” you cupped your hands onto his cheeks. “Are you okay?! I’m s-sorry! I didn’t mean for you to be hurt!” You squeezed his hands, then turned to Chunji.

“Ya!” you glared. “What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“What’s wrong with me?!” Chunji gawked. “You mean, what’s wrong with him! He kissed you ~~~~~~~!! He kissed you!”

“Tsk!” You rolled your eyes. “Who cares?! So what if he kissed me?!”

“So what?! So what?!” Chunji raised his hands. “I’m your boyfriendhe’s just your best friend!! Best friends don’t kiss!!” He argued.

“Tch!” You rolled your eyes. “Oh! So now, you’re my boyfriend?! Heh! You’re just my friend, and you said so yourself earlier.” You glared. “And just so you know,” you poked him hard. “Myungsoo is not just my best friend. He isdefinitely more than that.”

You turned to Myungsoo and held his hand. “Let’s go,” you helped him up and shot Chunji a death-glare.

“Argh! What was that about!? Don’t tell me he confessed to her already?!” The frustrated Chunji paced back and forth with his hands clutching onto his hair.

“Ya,” Patricia held his arm. “You really cheated on your girlfriend with me??” 

“I-I,” Chunji stuttered. “Yeah…Mianhaeyo noona.” 

“Break up with her.” Patricia blurted.

“B-but I still love her—“

“You saw it yourself.” She interrupted. “She prefers her best friend. You saw them kiss. It’s obvious that the both of you are over.”

Patricia walked away, and Chunji sighed. “But…”

  

** 

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo didn’t know whether to be happy or not. He finally got to kiss you, and the both of you are still holding hands. But the fact that Chunji hurt you still haunted him. He hated you hurt more than anything.

“It worked,” he squeezed your hand.

“Yeah,” you let out a small laugh. “It sure did…”

“Are you…still affected?”

You shook your head. “Thanks to you,” you beamed. “I feel better.”

Myungsoo looked away as he felt his cheeks furiously heating up. “Ahem,” he cleared his throat. “You’re welcome…”

“You owe me though,” you blurted.

 “I owe you?!” Myungsoo chuckled. “You sure it’s not the other way around?”

“Ya!” you lightly hit his arm. “You stole a kiss! Of course you owe me!” You stuck your tongue out at him.

“Psh,” Myungsoo waved the thought away. “I was the one who had to kiss you!” He pretended to grimace. “So, you’re the one who owes me!” He laughed.

“Tsk!” you rolled your eyes but your lips were threatening to smile.

“Sorry though,” he blurted. “I guess I overdid it…”

“It’s fine,” you sighed. “I’m just glad you weren’t seriously hurt by his punch…”

Myungsoo laughed. “But, what do you plan to do?”

Tears welled up your eyes. “…Break up with him,” you whispered as a tear slid down your cheek.

Myungsoo’s world shattered as he saw you cry. “Sorry,” he enveloped you into a comforting embrace. “It’s all my fault.”

You shook your head, “It’s not.”

“No, it is…” he admitted.”I knew about it before you did.”

“W-what?” you pulled away from the hug. “…How?”

“When I was in the library looking for a book, I overheard Chunji calling someone. As I stepped in closer, I heard his conversation, and I ended up eavesdropping. He was calling that noona lady…” he looked down. “Sorry that I didn’t tell you sooner.”

“I…” Tears started streaming down your face now. “Why didn’t you tell me?!” 

“I didn’t want to see you hurt.”

“Won’t hiding it from me hurt me!?” You argued.

“And by telling you, won’t it hurt too?” 

You knew he was right. You would get hurt whether or not he told you. He just tried to do what’s best for you.

“I’m sorry ~~~~~~~-ah,” he apologized. “Remember what I said though? That whatever happens, or whatever decision I make, I still care for you…”

 ”I remember,” You meekly nodded. “That time when you said that, it haseverything to do with this, right?”

He brushed your bangs away from your eyes, and nodded.

“Sorry,” you sighed.

“It’s alright,” he your hair lightly and let your head rest on his broad shoulder.

“Thank you,” you let out a small smile. “I owe you a lot. I could never imagine living without you…You mean so much to me Myungsoo-ah…Thanks foreverything.”

He melted at your words and cupped his hands over your cheeks. He smiled and gently brushed small beads of tears off your face. “You mean a lot to me too,” he planted a soft kiss on your forehead causing your heart to skip a beat.

**

Meanwhile, Sungyeol was walking around the same park alone. He decided to take a rest so he sat on the grass under the perfect shade of a tree.

He let out a sigh as he gazed at the beautiful starlit night sky of Seoul…

Oblivious of Sungyeol being behind you two, you continued conversing with Myungsoo.

“So,” you blurted. “How’d you end up in front of Starbucks anyways?”

“I was stalking Chunji for you!” Myungsoo pumped his chest proudly. “I wanted to beat the hell out of him!” He chuckled. “How about you, how’d you end up there?”

“Oppa and I ended up running into each other along the way,” you briefly said. “We ended up grabbing coffee together. That’s all.” 

Oppa?” Myungsoo blinked. “You mean—”

“Sungyeol,” you finished for him.

“As in…your first love?”

On the other hand, the moment Sungyeol heard his name in your conversation, his eyes rounded.

“Sungyeol…as in me?” he muttered under his breath as he lazily sat up straight. “First love? What do they mean…”

Out of curiosity, he ended up trying to take glances at the ‘couple’ who insertedhis name into their conversation.

“Yeah,” you meekly nodded. “Sungyeol-oppa, as in my first love…”

Just when you have said that, Sungyeol saw you and Myungsoo together. His jaw literally dropped at the indirect confession you have made.

 He gawked at the scene he had witnessed as he couldn’t believe what you have said.

 “I am ~~~~~~~’s first love…”