Chapter 1

Your Boyfriend, Best Friend or First Love?

 

”~~~~~~~!” Someone called out.

Naturally, you turned to see who owns that familiar voice. As expected, your eyes landed on your best friend Myungsoo. He raced to you.

“Guess what! We’re in the same class!” He beamed.

“Psh! We always end up in the same class!” 

“Yeah, I know.” He pinched your cheeks. “Er… Want me to help you carry your things?” He offered. You shook your head.

“No need, It’s fine,” you flushed. “Let’s just go to class together.”

“Okay then,” He shrugged and gestured his hand towards the way. “After you~”

While you and Myungsoo made your way towards your classroom, you two were exchanging stories and thoughts.

You seriously feel blessed around him. The thought of him being your best friend and all is just too overwhelming. Having him around makes you feel genuinely happy.

“~~~~~~~-ah!” Someone interrupted and you quickly glanced past your shoulder. The moment you sighted Chunji, your lips immediately curled up into a wide grin.

“Oppa!” you waved.

“Hey baby,” he smiled and ruffled your hair. Immediately, a shade of red crept up your cheeks.

 “So,” he started as he slid his arm around your waist. “What’s my girl’s schedule?” 

“Er… uhm, here. Take a look.” You handed him the paper.

As he compared your schedules, the smile in his face immediately dropped. “Damn!” He frowned. “We barely have any classes…” 

He frowned and looked at Myungsoo, who jokingly stuck his tongue out at him. “That’s too bad for you then,” Myungsoo smirked.

“Tch! Who are you to say that… Let me see yours.” Chunji snatched Myungsoo’s paper.

He gawked.

“Ya Myungsoo! How come you get to have classes with my girl and I don’t!?” He whined. “Trade schedules with me!” He demanded.

“Pfft! No way! It’s not my fault your schedule’s like that!” Myungsoo crossed his arms huffily.

“Tsk!” Chunji rolled his eyes, and awkward silence started to lead on the atmosphere.

“So…” you blurted. “I think it’s better off to get going…” You slid your arm around Myungsoo’s and started to drag him away from Chunji.

“Bye Chunji!” You blew him a kiss.

 Chunji pretended to catch the kiss. “Bye baby,” He winked. 

 

++

 

“Tsk!” Chunji muttered under his breath. “Myungsoo obviously likes my girlfriend. I mean it’s so obvious! Why can’t she see it?!” 

*dzz* *dzz* Chunji’s phone vibrated.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hey Chunji! It’s CAP! I just called to ask if you guys can come to my birthday tomorrow… So can you?”

Chunji beamed. “Of course I’ll go!” 

“How about your girlfriend? And Myu—what’s his name? Her bestfriend?”

“Oh. You mean… Myungsoo.” He rolled his eyes. “ Tch, Does he have to go hyung? You barely even know the guy. Anyways, I’m not so sure if my girlfriend can come… I’ll text her later.” He flushed at the idea.

“Oh! Then, tell me if they can! Anyways, we’ll be in Hongdae club just to remind you!”

Even though Chunji can’t see CAP’s face right now, he knows that he’s smiling for sure. Being friends since forever, Chunji knows how much his hyung likes to go clubbing.

“So yeah, that’s all! Bye!” He hung up.

“Er—Bye.” Chunji pursed his lips and rolled his eyes. “This guy has to learn how to say bye properly…”

Finally going back to his senses, Chunji remembered that he was in school. “Oh shoot!” He snapped. “I’m late for class!” 

Without thinking twice, Chunji raced to his classroom…

“Arghh!!” He grumbled. “I can’t believe I got caught off guard with my conversation with CAP-hyung. Now I have to rush to—Oof!” He almost stumbled as he bumped into a girl. 

Chunji locked eyes on her as he found the girl right in front of him beautiful. She had long straight jet-black hair, big eyes, and a body figure like an hour-glass. Who is she? Chunji thought.

“M-mianhamnida…” He cautiously bowed.

“Gwaenchana,” she smiled and looked at him straight in the eyes. For a moment, Chunji felt mesmerized.