Reunion

Walking Together

 

A reunion… have we really been that distant? I guess the last time I saw her was at our graduation, it seemed as if she fell off the face of the Earth. Over time I guess I just moved on. In a way I’m glad, she still remembers me, and our friendship.

 

“What time are we supposed to be there?” Hyun Joong asked as he bent down to slip on black socks.

 

“Uhm~ It says that it starts at 7!” Taeyeon yelled from the bathroom, as she applied the finishing touches to her makeup.

 

“Eh? It’s already 7:20!”

 

“I’m sorry I’m taking so long!”

 

Hyun Joong smiled as he fell into a seat, “It’s fine, we’re always late anyways!”

 

Taeyeon finished up, dressed in comfortable yet fashionable attire. Her style always was attractive, not too girly yet… girly? I liked that rather than heels she’d rather wear Allstars or sandals. Her make up was never too thick and clumpy, it was always used as a way to enhance her natural beauty.

 

“How do I look?” Taeyeon spun around once.

 

“Same as always, perfect!” Hyun Joong grinned, “Now let’s go, we’re not going to be even considered fashionably late!”

 

“Oh wait! Weren’t IU and Donghae coming with us?” Taeyeon recalled.

 

“What?~ Why? They have their own car!”

 

“We’re all going to the same place, we might as well go together”, Taeyeon said as she grabbed the keys off the rack, “Let’s go!”

 

Hyun Joong and Taeyeon went to pick up IU then Donghae. The two lived separately since they were only dating, not everyone got married at such a young age.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo~” IU came into the car, with oddly the same type of clothing Taeyeon had on. “Jessica would invite people at the last minute.”

 

“Yeah, Good thing it’s a Saturday, or else Hyun Joong would have to work”, Taeyeon said relieved.

 

“Wazz up!” Donghae came in excitedly, “You ready to party?!”

 

“Same old Donghae”, Hyun Joong smiled, turning the wheel.

 

They arrived to Jessica’s new place, where groups of people from their graduation class gathered. People smiled and laughed as they reminisced together about their memories back in high school.

 

“Guess it was a good idea to host a reunion”, Hyun Joong said finalizing his parking position, “Everyone seems to be having a good time.”

 

“I don’t recognize anyone”, IU said as she got out of the car.

 

“What do you expect?” Donghae stood next to IU, “You’re graduating class is two years after ours.”

 

“Oh yeah”, IU stuck her tongue out slightly.

 

Jessica’s house was large as well as her yard, it was crowded with people and filled with the sound of chatter. The four stuck close as they roamed around looking for Jessica.

 

“There’s so many people”, Taeyeon looked around as she stood close to Hyun Joong holding onto his left arm gently.

 

“Jessica was always the most popular out of all of us”, Hyun Joong said as he slipped through groups of people.

 

“Hyun Joong ah!~” A high random voice came from a place beyond the groups of people.

 

“Oh, there she is!” Donghae pointed out as he now took the lead.

 

“Unnie! How are you?!” IU cutely asked.

 

Jessica smiling brightly now replied, “I’m doing fantastic! How about you little IU?”

 

IU smiled, “I’m good!”

 

“Sorry we’re late”, Hyun Joong gave Jessica a friendly hug.

 

“I expected you to be late”, Jessica, confessed, “You always were the one who was late.”

 

“This time it was my fault though”, Taeyeon said shyly. The two never became as close and friendly compared to the others.

 

“Ah~ Taeyeon ah!” Jessica gave her a strong hug, give her a little shake as well, “I see the marriage is still good?”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “Of course!”

 

The five of them went into a different section of the large house, where there weren’t all that many people.

 

“You’ve sure got a nice house!” Donghae said as he continued to look around from his seat. “It’s kind of hard to believe one person’s income bought all this!”

 

“Oh, that’s what I was going to tell you guys”, Jessica’s face flushed pink, “Seung Gi actually helped me pay for it.

 

“Seung Gi?” Hyun Joong looked confused, “What’s he been up to?”

 

“Well actually, Seung Gi and I are getting married next month!” Jessica said shyly yet excitedly.

 

“Wha~ Congratulations!” Taeyeon and IU said brightly.

 

“SEUNG GI?!” Hyun Joong and Donghae yelled.

 

“Didn’t know he had it in him!” Donghae laughed.

 

Hyun Joong smiled to himself silently, glancing at Taeyeon.

 

Guess we made a trend huh? I’m happy Seung Gi is marrying Jessica, he’s always liked her even if he didn’t want to admit it at first. After getting married to Taeyeon, I feel like our group of friends has become so much happier in life. Though Taeyeon and I are still somewhat newly wed, it feels like we have to set an example.

 

 

(A/N): Sorry for such a delayed update! As always I hope you enjoy! I will try to update more frequently! Again sorry for taking months to update! My later updates will be longer I hope, I don't usually like writing such short chapters.