Friends

Walking Together

"Dude where'd you dissappear to?", Donghae meeting up with Hyun Joong again. "Didn't I tell you? I went for a little walk." Donghae's right eye brow raised slightly, "I see you got your name tag back."

"What?" Hyun Joong spaced out as they walked to class. "Your name tag. You have it on right now." Donghae repeated himself only to get the typical response. "Oh yeah."

"Are you even listening to me?!" Donghae pushed Hyun Joong slightly. "Sorry what?" Hyun Joong looked at Donghae and blinked a couple of times. "What's wrong with you? You've been zoning out all the time recently."

"It's nothing, a habit I guess." Hyun Joong wasn't even really sure about it neither, "I just can't keep my mind straight." Donghae gave Hyun Joong a concerned look, "Maybe what you need to do is go out more, you know actually 'Talk' to people." Donghae made sure to put emphasis on "talk".

"What do you mean? I'm talking to you right now!" Hyun Joong smiled as the two entered their next class. "You know what I mean! Go meet new people!" Donghae's voice came out a little louder than he had expected. "Hey how bout you lower your voice a little? And why should I anyway? I'm content with the amount of friends I have." Hyun Joong argued.

"Well in the future a lot of what your job depends on are connections, more connections means more opportunities!"

"You have no idea how odd it is, hearing that come from you."

Donghae raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because it's you. It was probably the smartest thing you've said yet."

"Yah!!...... So you agree!", Donghae smacked his hands together happily.

"Yeah yeah, let's talk about it later alright?", Hyun Joong shooed Donghae, and sat down in his seat.

The two sat on opposite sides of the room, Hyun Joong could handle himself but Donghae? Well lets just say he needs to learn sign language. 

While the teacher would be giving a lecture Hyun Joong would see Donghae in the corner of his eye flailing his arms. Once Donghae actually got Hyun Joong's attention he would mouth messages and use odd hand signs to try and relay a sentence or two.

*Hyun Joong Narration*

I don't know why but recently Donghae has been acting weird. He's been... how do I put it.... overly friendly. I guess it's not such a bad thing, but hopefully it doesn't last too long.

*End Narration*

"You need to stop trying to tell me messages during class, you're not even good at it." The two waited in class for everyone to exit, rather then trying to get through everyone. "How do you not understand these hand gestures?!" Donghae flailed his arms in nonsense trying to explain what each of them meant. 

"........ Uhh sorry, Can you explain them again? I wasn't really listening." Hyun Joong said as he left the classroom first. Donghae smacked his hand into his face and sighed deeply. "Hey wait up!"

Donghae managed to catch up to Hyun Joong, only to find him with Jessica. "Yo!...... What's she doing here?" Hyun Joong gave Donghae a short glance. "If you didn't know, I'm his best friend!" Jessica stuck her tongue out at Donghae and giggled.

"Pffff yeah right! Hyun Joong I know you didn't say that!" Donghae and Jessica still in some sort of glaring contest. "I did." Hyun Joong said, already about 20 feet away from the two.

"Hyun Joong ah! Hold on!" Jessica called out. "Ey man slow down!" Donghae followed. The two quickly caught up to Hyun Joong who was heading towards his last period class.

Jessica walked up next to him, "Why do you always just walk away?"

"I'd be late to class." Hyun Joong looked at Jessica, "Which I'm sure you'll be if you continue to follow me around."

"I guess you're right, I better get going." Jessica looked at Hyun Joong with her cheeks puffed up. "I'll talk to you later then!"

"Yeah." Hyun Joong let Jessica go, without even bothering to look back. "And why are you still here?" Hyun Joong directed at Donghae, "You'll be late too."

"Eh, doesn't bother me!" Donghae shrugged and smiled. "Whatever. Do what you want." Hyun Joong continued to his class.

Donghae looked around for a little and saw that Jessica was still at the end of the hallway. She was waving her hand downward, signaling Donghae to come over. "Oh! Actually I gotta go! I'll see ya later!" Donghae quickly left Hyun Joong dodging big crowds of students.

"Alright then." Hyun Joong said to himself as he arrived to class.

"I think he's starting to get weirded out by me being so friendly." Donghae said, leaning on a wall next to Jessica. "What's gotten into him lately? It's like we're not even his friends anymore." Jessica pouted as she slid down the wall and sat. 

"I don't know what to do anymore!" Donghae ruffled his hair in fustration. "Maybe we should throw a party?"

Both Donghae and Jessica looked to their right. "Oh Seung Gi!" Donghae smiled, somewhat surprised. "I guess you guys have noticed too huh? How Hyun Joong doesn't seem to enjoy anything anymore."

"Yeah, we've tried being more friendly, trying to be more happy around him. It's like he doesn't even notice we're there." Donghae admitted.

Jessica who noticed the time, "How bout we talk about this later? We all should get to class, does meeting after school sound good?" Jessica suggested as she stood back up wiping the dust off her jeans. 

"Sounds good to me." Seung Gi smiled lightly. "Same here." Donghae fist pounded Seung Gi before they parted. The classes felt extra long, since all of them couldn't concentrate. For the three of them it felt like hours before that last bell rang.

But as it rang the three of them met up as they had agreed. "So a party?" Donghae asked, repeating what Seung Gi had said at first. "Yeah, seems to me like he just isn't getting much into his social life. I've heard from his older brother that all he does is lay in bed all day." Seung Gi rubbed his eyes gently and adjusted his bangs.

"I don't know about that, Hyun Joong doesn't seem like he'd do anything at a party anyway. What's the point if he's not going to interact with others?" Jessica disagreed.

"I guess you're right... then what do we do?" Donghae leaned back into the couch he had been sitting in. They had met up in the library, since not many people would be there. And because Donghae liked how comfortable the couches were.

"Have you guys tried talking to him about it?" A lady's voice came out of no where. The three looked over, surprised as they didn't expect anyone would be listening.

"I over heard you guys talking about Hyun Joong ssi. Would it be Kim Hyun Joong ssi?"

"Uhh y-yes, and who might you be?", Seung Gi asked politely. The other two remained quiet. "I'm a.... friend of his." The girl smiled, and that smile of hers seemed so genuine.

"Oh really?" Seung Gi smiled, "So we're not the only one Hyun Joong talks to. Thats good!"

"What's your name if I may ask?", Jessica's voice quite firm. "Taeyeon.... Kim Taeyeon", Smiling again. "Do you want to have a seat?" Donghae insisted, making room.

"Uhh Sure, thank you." Taeyeon approached shyly, and sat next to Donghae. "Well, back to the subject! What should we do?" Seung Gi started the convorsation again to release some awkwardness.

"Talk to him. You know like have a conversation with him about how you guys are feeling." Taeyeon proposed.

"I don't know, I never tried because I thought he'd just push the subject away and never say anything about it again." Donghae scratched his head slightly.

"Well you never know if you don't try", Taeyeon continued. "I guess we could just try it, it's the most simple thing. Probably most logical as well." Seung Gi agreed, looking at Jessica. "Jessica what do you think?"

"Uhh sure, let's do that." Jessica didn't seem to show interest in the idea, she seemed more interested in how Taeyeon knew Hyun Joong. "How come I've never seen you here before?" Jessica's question had been quite random.

Surprised Taeyeon stumbled on her words, "I just m-moved here." Jessica leaned back in her chair as if she didn't even ask the question. "Don't mind her." Donghae said, trying to make things less uncomfortable for Taeyeon.

"It's agreed then, well whose going to actually talk to him about it?" Seung Gi trying to finish up the little meeting.

All of them looked like they were having a stand off. The four of them were stiff, none of them actually wanted to do it. "Is Hyun Joong ssi that intimidating to talk to?" Taeyeon asked suddenly.

"Well no..... Yeah sort of." Donghae smiled in discomfort, not wanting to be chosen. Taeyeon looked at the other three, "I'll do it then. Since it's my idea."

"Are you sure?" Donghae looked at Taeyeon in a surprised but relieved look. "Uhh sure, if it's alright with you guys?"

"Hell yes!" All three of them smiled. Taeyeon smiled back, unsure what she just got herself into. "I guess that's all for now!" Donghae said leaving right away. Followed by Jessica who left without a word.

"Well good luck! I'm sure Hyun Joong won't be too mouthy with a girl like you." Seung Gi smiled. "Does, he usually swear?" Taeyeon asked, as she slipped her backpack on.

"Well... depends on his mood. How well do you know Hyun Joong anyway? You don't seem to know too much about him considering your his friend."

"We met a couple nights ago....." Taeyeon unsure of what to say. "I see.... well good luck again. Use that smile of yours, he's got a soft spot for girls with pretty smiles." Seung Gi smiled himself and started walking away.

Taeyeon smiled, and bowed slightly as Seung Gi left. As she was left alone she kept thinking about how she was going to talk to Hyun Joong, especially when she gets butterflys just by looking at him.