Truth Be Told

Walking Together

 

“Are you okay?” A muffled voice came from under Hyun Joong.

 

Returning his thoughts to himself Hyun Joong looked down, the bottom half of IU’s face was embedded into the left side of his chest. Immediately backing off Hyun Joong smiled awkwardly, “Sorry, hadn’t noticed how close I had gotten.”

 

“It’s okay, I kind of enjoyed it”, IU said with her uniquely lower voice. “Want to take a break?”

 

Hell yeah. Dancing isn’t my thing.

 

“Sure”, Hyun Joong let IU lead the way, taking peaks at where Taeyeon and Donghae once were before he followed IU out of the crowd. “Do you want something to drink?” Hyun Joong didn’t really want to leave right when they had just returned to the table but he thought he’d offer since that’s what every guy does in the movies.

 

“Oh thanks, I guess I’ll just have some water please?” Taking a seat IU looked lonely since Hyun Joong didn’t take a seat yet.

 

“Alright, I’ll be right back”, Hyun Joong proceeded towards the refreshments area where there had been cups sorted out filled with different liquids. “Maybe I should just go buy water bottles”, Hyun Joong mumbled to himself as he noticed that the water in the cups might not be the cleanest ever.

 

Hyun Joong looked around trying to recall where he had seen a vending machine somewhere. “Vending machine…Vending Machine…” Hyun Joong circled around the facility not able to find a single machine that had bottled water. “Maybe there’s one somewhere outside.”

 

“Wonder what’s taking him so long”, IU spoke to herself as she sat alone looking around.

 

“Well well, I’ve finally found you!” Donghae said loudly over the music. He sat across from IU, “Where’s Hyun Joong at?”

 

“He went to go get some water, how about Taeyeon?”

 

“She wasn’t feeling well, so she went to go get some fresh air”, Donghae relaxed back into his chair and began lightly tapping the table with his middle finger.

 

“Is she alright?” IU asked genuinely concerned.

 

“Oh yeah I’m sure it’s just lack of fresh air. She said she felt a little dizzy is all.”

 

“I see”, the ends of IU’s lips curled upward slightly making her expression less stoic.

 

What kind of place has a vending machine outside of the building rather than inside? I mean common there’s like five out here.

 

Hyun Joong looked around as if he were inspecting the building for repairs, “Okay, water bottles check!” He slipped his wallet back into the back pocket of his black jeans.

 

“I guess I saw this coming…” A voice from around the corner surprised Hyun Joong.

 

Has someone always been there? Scared the out of me, what if it’s a teacher? I’d rather not have to deal with a teacher right now!

 

Hyun Joong still ended up trying to take a peek at who it was by looking around a corner of the building. All he could see was brown hair on the other side of bushes. So he proceeded to sneak forward to take a look at what was behind the bush.

 

“Taeyeon?” Hyun Joong had ended up saying it out loud; he quickly ducked under the dark mass of the bushes.

 

Taeyeon surprised flung her view back towards Hyun Joong’s direction, “Who is it?” She walked up the small hill she had been sitting on, her head tilted to the right as she tried to get a look at who it was.

 

“What’re you doing?” Taeyeon now stood in front of Hyun Joong who had been kneeling down on the floor with his head down.

 

He slowly looked up to see Taeyeon with crossed arms, “Oh Taeyeon! I was just uh… Getting some grass for my friend Park Jungmin.” Hyun Joong didn’t really know what he was saying.

 

Taeyeon took a seat next to Hyun Joong, “Why would this Park Jungmin need grass?”

 

Hyun Joong laughed slightly as he fixed his posture, wiping the grass and dirt off his jeans. “He’s a horse”, Hyun Joong laughed out loud showing off his charming smile.

 

“Aren’t horses supposed to eat carrots?” Taeyeon returned Hyun Joong’s smile with her own.

 

“Oh yeah…” Hyun Joong’s smile still lingered as he flipped his bangs out of his face. “So what were you doing out here by yourself?”

 

Taeyeon felt as if two tons had been released off her head, “I’m not feeling too good, I needed some fresh air is all.” The thing was, she didn’t feel dizzy or uncomfortable anymore. Maybe the fresh air helped, but she felt it wasn’t just the chilly winter air that released her of such terrible feelings.

 

“You look okay”, Hyun Joong looked closely at Taeyeon’s face, “and you’re normally pretty pale so besides that I can’t tell.”

 

Under Hyun Joong’s gaze Taeyeon felt as if she was shrinking. “Hajima~” she pushed him slightly.

 

“Wae?!” Hyun Joong laughed as he recovered from the ever so weak push. “Here”, Hyun Joong placed his hand under her bangs and felt her forehead. “Well you’re not burning up.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lip shyly as Hyun Joong retreated his hand, “I guess the air helped”, she said fixing her bangs slightly.

 

Hyun Joong’s face became slightly more serious, “Maybe Donghae spun you around too much.” He spoke with his eyes locked to the sky.

 

Giving Hyun Joong short glances Taeyeon wondered what was going on in his head, “Maybe. How about you and IU? Do you think you’ll be able to like her as much as she likes you?”

 

“Sure, she’s cute. But I don’t think we could be more than friends. It’s weird because in a way she would normally be the type of girl I’d fall in love with immediately, but I guess my heart can’t give out enough love.” Hyun Joong spoke calmly as he watched the sky while lying on his back.

 

Not sure what to say Taeyeon found it hard to think of what to say while Hyun Joong’s words danced in her head. “S-so does that mean there’s already someone your heart is giving love to?”

 

“I’m sure there is, but since the heart can’t think on it’s own, I’m not sure who, but I think I have an idea.” Hyun Joong looked at Taeyeon who was still sitting upright. “So… What do you think of Donghae?”

 

“He’s very… nice”, Taeyeon contemplated what to say, “He’s attractive in his own way, but I don’t think that way appeals to me.”

 

Hyun Joong sat back up looking at the girl to his right, “So basically you’re not attracted to him?” He watched Taeyeon’s eyes meet her feet her emotions clearly shown. “Don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll understand.”

 

He patted her on the back as if he were trying to comfort her as only a friend. The two knew their true feelings but they weren’t certain about each others’.

 

“If Donghae doesn’t match your type, what kind of guy does?” Hyun Joong opened one of the water bottles and let the water fill his mouth before swallowing.

 

Shy, Taeyeon blushed slightly, “Kang Dong Won!” She laughed as she shyly admitted her affection for the other man.

 

Kang Dong Won? Is she trying to make me jealous? Its hard enough going to movie theaters and hearing women scream his name during the movie.

 

“Kang Dong Won?” Hyun Joong smiled as he looked away. “Try being a little more realistic”, He laughed as he joked around.

 

“Oh really? Well whose your ideal type?” Taeyeon seeming more confident as she spoke.

 

“Me? Lee Hyori noona!” Hyun Joong laughed as he showed off his inner fanboy.  “But you’re a close second”, he slyly winked at Taeyeon letting out a weird manly giggle.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she lightly slapped his arm, “Nice joke!”

 

Hyun Joong calmed himself down quickly, his smile still strong, “Who said it was a joke?”