I Love You

Final Bangtan Fantasy X

"He's asleep." A small smile flickers across Namjoon's lips as he turns his head and finds Seokjin resting his head on his shoulder, eyes closed and snoring softly, half his face buried into Namjoon's coat. They've been walking for a long time now, and they haven't been able to come close to any exit. It's not like Jungkook knows where they're supposed to be going anyhow.

He can see the obvious signs that Jimin isn't going to last any longer. He's trembling slightly, wrapping his arms around himself in an attempt to keep warm, his teeth are gritted and sweat is glistening on his forehead from the light that the glowing crystals around them are giving off.

"Jimin...do you wanna take a rest?" Taehyung asks, apparently also noticing it.

"Yeah, let's rest awhile. I'm beat." Yoongi leans against the cavern wall and closes his eyes. Even the mountain air's getting to him.

Jimin looks hesitant, but then nods. The seven of them sit down again, resting for the upcoming battles. Their rest is short-lived however, when there is a sloshing sound coming from somewhere near them. Jungkook jumps to his feet and Namjoon tilts his head to look up at him.

"What is it?"

"A monster," Jungkook's voice is akin to a whisper. "A Black Flan."

"Black Flan?" Those jellies send shivers up Namjoon's spine. He hates them with a passion. Those things can only be defeated by magic, and it's not like Seokjin or he are well-versed in magic, since they both love their swords. They've got Hosoek here now, but still...something that can live up here in Mount Gagazet must be tough to survive.

"We'd better get moving," Jungkook says, helping Jimin up. "I don't want to run into the thing." He bends down, and motions for Jimin to climb onto his back. The look Jungkook's shooting him is one of 'don't argue' and Jimin squirms a little, before deciding to do as Jungkook motions him to.

Yoongi grumbles as he gets up grudgingly. Hoseok pats his back, trying to cheer him up, but the lines of exhaustion are showing on his face as well.

They walk for a little while more, until Jungkook deems it's safe and that they can't hear the sloshing sound of flans moving anymore. They continue walking and walking, until Jimin can see the light up ahead...blocked by a giant flan.

"!" Jungkook draws his spear. Why didn't he hear it just now? Just how stealthy is it? The flan's eyes flash red as it stares down at them. Jungkook nearly loses his balance as he hears something else behind him. A roaring sound and the sound of rocks smashing against rocks. He is a little afraid to look behind him.

A Behemoth, a bigger one than the one they've just encountered, staring at them too.

They're not going to end up dead meat here!

The Behemoth leaps.

****************************************************************

Namjoon barely manages to dodge its leap as it soars over them, landing on the other side, where the Dark Flan is. His eyes widen as he realizes something. The Behemoth and Flan aren't targeting them. They're targeting each other. The Behemoth gets a hold of the Flan and lifts it up into the air.

The Behemoth roars as the Flan attacks it with a Bio attack, poison bubbling up from the Flan's body and the Behemoth lets it go immediately. Wind begins to gather and surround the Flan, healing itself in a White Wind attack.

"It's not paying us any attention," Jimin observes.

"Let's run," Taehyung suggests, voice breathy.

"What? How?" Hoseok stares at him wide-eyed.

"We wait for the prime time and bam! We're out of here!"

"That's risky as , Taehyung," Yoongi hisses.

"We'd better act fast. One of them's going to end up killing the other," Seokjin nods towards the two creatures, still on Namjoon's back.

"Listen, this cavern's big enough for me to Summon," Jimin says his plan. "I'm going to summon Shiva or something and Bahamut then we're all hightailing it out of here!"

Jungkook has to admit. It's a good plan. But what he's worried about is Jimin's own stamina. Will he be able to perform a Double Summoning again. It's risky to his health.

Jimin seems to have noticed the worry on Jungkook's face, since he smiles and says, "Relax. I'll be fine."

Jungkook nods, biting his lip. He's going to trust Jimin on this one.

Jimin mutters the incantation, and ice bursts out from the ground behind him, the sharp blades of ice glinting in the dim light. The ice blades then shatter, Shiva bursting out from it and leaps forward, the chains in her hair floating in the air as a cold draft starts to blow, ice shards flying about in the wind.

Jungkook turns his head to find Jimin muttering another incantation, despite his exhaustion. A glyph appears on the wall and Jungkook watches as something flies out of the glyph. Bahamut roars as it lands on the ground, arms fold across its chest and wings spead out, flashing its iridiscently-coloured wings.

"Everyone! Get on!" Jimin calls as he notices the other two monsters turning their heads to look at the disturbance. Everyone scrambles upon Bahamut's back as Bahamut's wings spread even further, the muscles in its wings flexing.

"Shiva! Heavenly Strike!"

The ice swirling in the wind smack against the monsters.

"What's that going to do?" Yoongi shouts back as Bahamut begins to power up, to crash through Mount Gagazet and out into the open.

"It doesn't matter whether the ice is small or big," Namjoon explains, catching onto Jimin's plan. "If it hits the fiend's eye, or somewhere equally vital, it's going to cause a lot of damage. If we can just manage to distract them for a while...

"Hang on tight!" Taehyung yells back as Bahamut starts moving, muscular legs pushing off the rocks and it hurtles forward, the seven people on board trying to find whatever they can hold on to to prevent themselves from falling off as Bahamut shoots out of the cavern, the rock wall crashing down around them. The cavern's exit is sealed as the rock fall blocks the way, trapping Shiva and the other two fiends inside.

Jimin heaves a sigh as he dismisses both Shiva and Bahamut, Bahamut dissolving into pyreflies as they float back up into the sky. He looks around him. A desolate wasteland. They're on the final road to Zanarkand. In the distance...he can see it. See the city of Zanarkand.

A sudden wave of sadness overcomes him as he turns back to his Guardians. The people who've followed him throughout this journey...he's going to leave them all behind. His gaze falls on a certain person, still trying to catch his breath, bent over. His eyes well up with tears at the thought of having to say goodbye, but...

There are things that have to be done.

Jimin looks through his belongings, and find the most precious one--a blue sphere. He tucks it discreetly into the recesses of his robes as he picks himself up.

"There's a campsite over there," Seokjin jabs his chin towards a small clearing in the mountain, rocky but inhabitable. At least, for a short while.

"We'll rest there for today," Namjoon nods as he helps Seokjin up, helping the elder towards the campsite. Jimin picks himself up and fights back tears as he feels Jungkook coming up from behind him, taking his arm and leading him there. Hoseok, Yoongi and Taehyung follow behind them as they make their way to the campsite, the only sounds the dragging of feet and the whistling of the breeze, bringing a scattering of leaves with them.

********************************************************

A/N: TOTALLY RECOMMEND LISTENING TO BUTTERFLY: PROLOGUE MIX HERE!!

"Here," Jungkook hands Jimin a stick of meat. Something that Seokjin had gotten from Cid and they've decided to roast it over fire. Jimin holds out his hands near the fire, warming himself up. Namjoon and Taehyung have done quite a good job at making makeshift beds for now--out of leaves and small twigs. Seokjin is still cooking the rest of the meat, plus warming up some soup with water from a small stream nearby and whatever ingredients that Taehyung has gotten from Cid.

Jimin takes the meat gratefully and bites into it. The taste of this meat is out of the world! He takes small bites, wanting to savour this as much as possible. After eating three sticks of meat, Jimin accepts a bowl of soup from Seokjin.

Yoongi has already eaten his fill and is sleeping, with Hoseok beside him lying on his back, playing with fire...literally. He throws a ball of fire from one hand to the other, staring at it lazily. Taehyung is tinkering with his machines again, having brought most of his tools and some other stuff like grenades and Curtains which he can use. Namjoon is sitting on his bed, reading whatever he can of his book in the dim light.

It's so peaceful. Jimin looks up at the night sky and sees the twinkling stars, something he'd always watched at night with Jungkook and Taehyung. The moon is shining brightly too, a full moon tonight. Jimin lowers his head, looking at the fire, reliving memories over and over again, keeping his fingers tight against the blue sphere deep in his robes.

He's always been the crybaby of the group, out of him, Taehyung and Jungkook. He wipes away a few stray tears when someone places a hand on his shoulder. He looks up and finds Jungkook looking down at him, concern lining his face, eyes holding worry and an indecipherable feeling.

"Are you okay?" he asks, keeping his grip tight on Jimin's shoulder, as if scared he's going to disappear if he doesn't. Jimin nods, staring back into the fire. He can feel the conflict going on in Jungkook's head. He's battling against two options, not knowing which to choose. Instead, he chooses to keep silent, biting his lip. He knows Jungkook has never really been very good with words, choosing mostly to keep to himself around strangers, much like Yoongi.

He feels a tug from Jungkook, and he stands up, watching as Jungkook leads him over to two beds. He makes Jimin lie down in one and he lies down on the other. He snuggles into the dried, dead leaves and looks over to Jimin. There's no need for words. They can see it in each other's eyes--the windows to their souls.

Jimin then hears the rustling of leaves as Namjoon, Taehyung and Seokjin take their places in their beds, Yoongi's snoring surprisingly soothing, keeping his mind from wandering too much. Jimin closes his eyes as Jungkook pulls him closer, until Jimin's face is buried in Jungkook's chest. He sniffles a little, burying himself in Jungkook's scent. He listens to Jungkook's steady heartbeat, feeling the steady rise and fall of Jungkook's chest as he basks in Jungkook's warmth.

Soon, he finds himself asleep.

******************************************************************

Jimin opens his eyes, slowly, and blearily. It's not morning yet. Close, though. The dark sky is stained pink with hints of dawn. He doesn't want to wake up. He doesn't want this day to come. He doesn't want it at all. This is the day they're going to walk down the final path to Zanarkand...

And he'll never seen Jungkook again.

He hears sniffling, and he shoots up, looking back at the other sleeping Guardians. Taehyung is still fast asleep, though his face is scrunched up--probably in a nightmare. He brushes Taehyung's hair out of his face and instantly, Taehyung's face softens. He turns to the side, away from Jimin.

Jimin stands up and looks towards the rest, surrounding the fire. Yoongi and Hoseok are tangled in limbs, apparently having moved closer to each other during the night. Namjoon and Seokjin's fingers are interlaced. That is definitely something that cannot happen while they're asleep. Jimin turns to his left and finds Jungkook gone.

Where did he go? Get breakfast? Jimin hears the sniffles again and he follows them--he may be walking into a trap but something about those sounds sound familiar.

He continues walking, feet crunching the leaves underneath. He walks and walks until he finds someone with his back against a rock wall, knees drawn up to his chest and his head is buried in them. Black hair falls over his forehead, hiding his face totally.

He walks nearer.

"Kookie?"

The person's head shoots up and Jimin gasps, running over and embracing Jungkook tightly. Jungkook's eyes are red and puffy as he lets Jimin embrace him. He smells Jimin, sees Jimin, feels him. He never knew he needed Jimin this much.

"Kook? Are you okay?" Jimin loosens his embrace to look down at Jungkook. Jungkook shakes his head, wiping away his tears, scared that more will come if he opens his mouth.

Jimin sits down beside him and hugs him from the side across the stomach. He rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Don't cry..." Jimin's voice sounds broken, as much as Jungkook is right now. Jungkook sniffs as he grabs Jimin's arm, closing his eyes and trying to fight back more tears. He and Jimin are here right now. The present is all that matters. He tries to force himself to smile...

But it's impossible.

"What's wrong, Kookie?"

Jimin looks deep into Jungkook's brown orbs, holding so much emotion in them that it hurts. Jimin hugs Jungkook tighter as Jungkook tells the story with his eyes, the two of them holding each other's gazes for the longest time.

"I...I'm scared, Jimin."

"Why?"

"Y-You're..." He gulps, taking another deep breath. "I-I'm going to lose you."

Jimin doesn't respond. Rather, he doesn't know how to respond. He can only look at Jungkook, who's eyes are fixed on his hands. There, he said it. Jungkook awaits a response, and the anticipation is killing him. 

"Jungkook-ah..."

"Hm--?" Jungkook is cut off when he turns around and finds Jimin's face inches away from his. He can hear his own heart beating as he looks down at Jimin's face, his gaze trailing from his eyes down to his small button nose, to his lips. Those cherry red lips he yearns to feel on his own...

Jimin does the unexpected, pushing his head up and pressing his lips against Jungkook's. Jungkook, caught off guard, whimpers, accepting the bruising kiss Jimin's giving him. He experimentally nibbles on Jimin's bottom lip, asking for access, and Jimin gives it to him, Jungkook pushing his tongue into Jimin's mouth, exploring every inch of it. 

Their tongues move in a passionate dance, embraces tightening as Jungkook presses his hand against the back of Jimin's head, pushing him closer as Jimin's arms wind around Jungkook's neck, tangling his fingers in his jet black hair, pushing Jungkook's braid out of the way.

They break apart, gasping for air, and Jungkook's mind is spinning. What did they just do? Does that mean that...

"Your tears have stopped," Jimin's hand comes up to trail his face, Jungkook leaning into his touch. "Don't cry, Kookie...I don't want to see them."

Jungkook nods as he leans his forehead against Jimin's, eyes closing.

"I love you."

Jimin doesn't respond as he brushes Jungkook's hair away, pressing a kiss to his nose, then up to his forehead.

"I love you too."

***************************************************************

Seokjin gulps as he opens his eyes and sees the fingers intertwined with his own. Clean nails to rough hands full of callouses...he trails his gaze from Namjoon's hands, up his arms, to his face, from his lips to his nose to his still-closed eyes. He snores, louder than any of them, but Seokjin still thinks it's a beautiful sound.

He tries to calm the erratic beating of his heart as he thinks about how it would feel like to do more than this. Holding hands, that is. He wonders what it'll be like in Namjoon's embrace. He wonders what it'll be like to nuzzle his face into Namjoon's chest...

He wonders what it'll be like to kiss those lips.

He shakes that thought away. Nah, Namjoon probably doesn't feel that way. He's still pining over Sairah, his lost love. Seokjin sighs aloud, taking one last look at those beautiful features as Namjoon sleeps, his face the most relaxed and serene. He turns his head and looks up at the clouds floating overhead. The sun's rising, painting the sky a bright shade of orange and all colors warm.

He hears a groaning to his left and finds Namjoon waking up as well. He turns back to find the most gorgeous pair of eyes staring back into his own, and Seokjin wonders how he's never noticed their beauty before. Dark orbs that can swallow you whole.

"What'cha staring at?"

And Namjoon just have to break the moment like that, just like how he breaks Seokjin's heart into a million pieces. He's as dense and oblivious as usual. Seokjin grunts in response and his hand returns to his chest, fingers clasped and Namjoon seems to be staring at his hand in earnest.

"What's wrong? It's too early to be moody," Namjoon rubs his eyes and sits up. He looks around and Seokjin knows he's looking at the charred remains of the wood that was their campfire.

"Hey...Jimin and Jungkook are gone," Namjoon observes, and Seokjin doesn't respond by sitting up. Instead, he remains where he is, and closes his eyes.

"Leave them be."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Namjoon settles back down in his bed. "Hey, that cloud looks like you."

Seokjin opens his eyes and stares at the cloud that Namjoon's talking about...it looks like a pig.

" you," Seokjin and Namjoon burst out laughing together.

He wonders if they can go back to these times...during the Calm, where Sin is non-existent.

***************************************************************

Hoseok wakes up and finds Yoongi's head tucked into his neck, nose pressed into the middle of his collarbones. He smiles as he tightens his embrace on Yoongi, the latter responding by snuggling deeper into Hoseok, grumbling about the Al Bhed in his sleep.

He closes his eyes, almost falling into a deep sleep again when he hears the rustling of leaves. He looks up and finds Taehyung stepping over Namjoon and Seokjin's sleeping bodies as he follows a trail of footsteps in the sandy road. He lets go of Yoongi and leaves him sleeping while he follows the Al Bhed.

Taehyung then darts behind a bush, and Hoseok does the same, tapping Taehyung lightly on the shoulder.

Taehyung nearly screams but Hoseok grabs his mouth, stopping him from screaming and thrashing.

"Relax! It's just me!" Hoseok hisses and Taehyung relaxes. "Why did you come out here?"

Taehyung gives him a sly smile when Hoseok releases his mouth. He points in the direction of a clearing, and Hoseok looks in that direction. He nearly lets out an 'awwww' as he watches Jungkook and Jimin sleeping, Jimin tiny in Jungkook's protective embrace.

"We have to wake them up one day," Hoseok shrugs, laughing softly. "Come on. I don't want to do the embarrassing work."

Taehyung grins as the two walk over to the sleeping duo.

*********************************************************************