There's Still Time--You've Just Got to Hurry

Final Bangtan Fantasy X

7sh3KNMI3FK8LGOwAk2IWeGkRYukMCN2VBDNeAYr

From left to right: Min Yoongi, Kim Namjoon (yes, that perm is back and btw idk how to draw perms), Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Seokjin (idk why but his head looks deformed at the top) and Jung Hoseok (yes the proportions are dead off). 

So this is like my first drawing with ot7 in ffx context. 

WARNING: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

*********************************************************************

"Oh, you're back," Lesca mutters, looking over at Irvirian who suddenly appears out of nowhere. "I kept waiting and waiting and waiting and I heard nothing from you." 

"Sorry," Irvirian grins. "The Summoner's Guardians are in Macalania Woods. Besides, you sent me out only for recon." 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Lesca mutters. "The Summoner's over at Bevelle Temple, undergoing the Cloister of Trials." 

"I thought he died." 

"Yeah, he's going as a dead person," Lesca says. "I pulled a few strings..." 

"Whoa, really? Bahamut's gonna fly off his rocker, that old geezer," Irvirian chuckles.

"Don't talk about him like that. I don't want to rebuild his freaking temple just because he splattered your guts all over the walls." 

"That's graphic." 

"Yup." 

A moment of silence passes between the two of them, before Irvirian asks, "How long's he going to take? And what are we going to do after this?" 

"If he completes the Bevelle Trials, Bahamut will most likely let him go back to the Land of the Living, and if not...he'd not be the first." 

"What do you mean?" 

"There are many souls that are trapped down there--dead people who can't turn into fiends because they're in a temple, yet unable to move on until they complete the Cloister of Trials," says Lesca. "That's why the Bevelle Cloister of Trials is the most dangerous ever." 

Irvirian nods. "If the boy does clear the Trials?" 

"We'll going to bring him to Baaj first," says Lesca. "I suppose that Guado hasn't forgotten his mission?" 

"I hope not. Or else my energy will have gone to waste. Plus, that place is a wasteland and there's a giant fish living there that gobbles anything up that's not itself. How are they going to fight that thing?" 

"They will make it. I trust them." 

*******************************************************************

Jimin wipes the perspiration off his forehead as he gets onto the platform again. It's been forever since he's thrown in here. Jimin looks around, steadying himself on the moving platform. Now where is he exactly? This place is a giant maze. He clutches the Glyph Sphere in his hands, the green glow curling like wisps around his hand. 

He remembers seeing an indent somewhere just now...

He rides the platform over to some wall he remembers seeing it, and slots the Glyph Sphere into the indent in the wall. Nothing happens. Jimin sighs as he prepares to get onto the platform again.

********************************************************************

Bahamut watches the human try to make his way through the temple, like many other puny souls before him. And none of those souls have ever made it. They've been trapped, wandering the temple, howling to those who've come to attempt the challenge. Should one soul finish his trial, all others can escape. The human isn't even close to finishing it...

And what's even worse is that should this...Park Jimin...get deeper and deeper into the Trials, he'll be overwhelmed by the thousand bitter voices of the trapped souls, and most of them go mad. Most Summoners go mad. And not just voices. Images too. 

"You're mighty bored." 

"Go away, Yojimbo," Bahamut growls, turning back to find the samurai standing near his desk, looking at his papers. Bahamut's been doing nothing but admin work since he's gotten back to his temple. 

"He's coming to my temple soon." 

"He's going to Anima's first. I thought we already decided that," Bahamut says, absentmindedly touching the scar on his eye. 

"I hope he's got enough to pay for my services." 

"You drive a hard bargain, Yojimbo. I won't be surprised if he gets rejected every time." 

"Yeah, well. I work for money, Bahamut," Yojimbo laughs. "Got to get going back to my temple now." 

"Y'know, Shiva always called you emo. I can kind of see why," Bahamut mutters. "Anyway, I've got work to do. Get out of my chair." Yojimbo chuckles as he fades into nothingness--presumably back to his temple.

Bahamut sits down at his desk and buries his face in his hands.

*********************************************************************

"Hah...made it," Jimin wants to laugh at whoever created this giant maze. He bested it, and in record time, if he does say so himself. He got off the platform, and the platform changes back to a pedestal, with the shining Bevelle sphere. A flight of stairs leads up to the Chamber of the Fayth, and Jimin just feels so proud of himself.

Jimin runs up to the stairs, and all of a sudden, it gets wobbly, the stairs looking spatially distorted. Jimin grabs his temple, feeling dizzy. And then, thousands of voices enter his head. Some wailing, some begging to be released, and some just simply crying and chanting, almost as if...

They're restless souls. Jimin shivers. He's heard about them--souls who are trapped between the borders of the Land of the Living and the Farplane. Souls which can't become fiends and be cleansed of their sins. Souls which will be forever trapped on the living plane unless someone frees them. 

Souls like Jimin.

Except he's free. Jimin can barely make out the words of the souls--all he can hear are just two words: "Join us". 

Like h*ll he's going to join them. He's going to go back to his Guardians and make sure they're alright. Jimin shakes his head and covers his ears, trying not to listen to the neverending--and seemingly getting increasingly louder, voices. 

Struggling now, and feeling his legs getting weaker and weaker, Jimin makes his way across the carpeted floor, trying not to give in to the voices which are like annoying buzzing in his head. Even his vision is getting blurry. Right as he is about to take another step forward, a blast of flame stops him. Jimin watches in muted horror as directly in front of him, there is a ball of flame, getting bigger and bigger--almost human-sized. But Jimin feels nothing. No heat, no nothing. 

That's when he sees him. Yoongi, standing in the flames, face expressionless and letting the flames eat him up. Jimin can tell it's not the Yoongi he knows. This Yoongi has pink hair, and he's dressed in...a T-shirt and shorts? Like those kinds of lower-class villagers in Besaid and Kilika. 

Yoongi fades away, and so do the flames. Then, he sees another friend appearing. Taehyung. It's almost as if Jimin's watching a movie sphere. 

This Taehyung, instead of the orange-haired friend he's used to, has brown hair and is wearing a...what's that? A hood over his head, and he's looking at Jimin, eyes serious. Almost as if he's trying to burn Jimin away with his gaze. And he starts running towards Jimin. A little scared now, Jimin backs away, closing his eyes and bracing for impact...when he feels nothing.

Instead, all Jimin can see is another friend standing in front of him now. Not Taehyung. Jungkook. His face is recognizable, but Jungkook looks human now. He doesn't have his Ronso horn, and neither are his ears like a Ronso's. He has human features--a tiny nose, brown eyes, brown, almost black, hair, peach-colored skin and no tail. But he's not looking at Jimin. Instead, he's looking right ahead, towards the stairs leading to the Chamber of the Fayth. Jimin looks over the tall Ronso's shoulder and notices something. There's an airship about to land...

Right on Jungkook, should he keep standing there.

"Kookie!" Jimin cries, trying to run forward, but something is keeping him in place, almost as if he's stuck with glue. Jungkook stares straight ahead, face devoid of emotion as the smoking airship crashes. Jimin covers his eyes and ears, squeezing out his tears and unable to look at the crash. He opens his eyes, but sees nothing. No airship, no Jungkook. 

Now, this time, he sees Seokjin standing...no...walking towards the sea, at where it looks somewhat like Besaid Isle. Walking and walking deeper into the waves, even when the water goes up to waist-length, but Seokjin keeps walking. That is, until a giant wave washes over his figure. Seokjin disappears as the wave does, and Jimin gasps as the sea dissolves into nothingness. 

Now he's shown Hoseok, eye bags very prominent under his eyes as he takes slight steps towards Jimin, before his legs suddenly give way and Jimin can only watch as his friend hits the ground, before bursting into pyreflies.

"Oh my Yevon..." Jimin's knees hit the ground again. Are the images trying to tell him something? Yoongi burning himself up, Jungkook letting an airship crash into him with those dead eyes, and Taehyung jumping over him...into where? The sea? Seokjin drowning himself, Hoseok just somehow dying from lack of sleep or something? 

What are the images trying to tell him?

"I've no time to think about this!" Jimin mutters angrily to himself, before forcing himself to run up the stairs, using his last bit of energy to toss his body into the Chamber of the Fayth.

***************************************************************

"Hah...hah..." 

Jimin pants as he leans on the wall of the Chamber of the Fayth for support. He can feel his knees going weak, but the voices have stopped.

Right in front of him is a...desk? What? This is the first Chamber of the Fayth he's come across which has a desk in the middle. Usually, it is a stone statue of the Fayth of the Temple embedded in the ground, protected by a membrane of great energy.

"Ah, welcome." 

Jimin looks towards the direction of the voice, and finds a man standing right beside his desk, a stack of papers in hand.

"Who're you?" Jimin thinks he knows the guy, yet he doesn't think he knows the guy at the same time. 

"Bahamut, Strongest of the Aeons," the man introduces himself. It's kind of obvious the man has war-experience. I mean, just look at his scars! They dot his face like pimples (Jimin tries to stifle a laughter at his own imagery) and not to mention he's got a toned body with muscular arms and legs...and torso.

"Whoa, you mean you are the Bahamut? The King of everything Holy?" 

"You could say that," Bahamut laughs, a deep cackle. "But King of everything Holy? Is Lesca serious?" 

"She ran out of names?" 

"You could say that," Bahamut says. "Considering Valefor's already the Prince of the Skies, she told me I'd either be Emperor of the Clouds and Sun or King of everything Holy. At least I'm a King and not a Prince." 

"Why not go for Emperor?" 

"Nah, too long," Bahamut says, taking a few steps closer. "It's a syllable longer than the other. You know those images the souls showed you just now? Of your friends?" 

"Uh-huh," Jimin nods.

"That's exactly what they're thinking at that very moment. To kill themselves. Because of you." 

Jimin gulps. "Because of me?" 

"Technically because of your death. But because of you nonetheless. Anyway, you'd better get back to the Land of the Living, Jimin-ah," Bahamut tuts, holding up a finger. "And luckily for you, you didn't get deterred by whatever those souls showed you. That means your willpower is way stronger than those who've attempted this Trials so far, and that makes you a perfect Summoner to complete your pilgrimage." 

"W-Wait, I gotta get back up there! What if Yoongi really burned himself up? Though I've no idea how he'd do that...and what happened with Hobi? What did he do? I really need to get back up before they really hurt themselves, Sir Baha--" 

"Just Bahamut will do," Bahamut holds up a hand. "Anyway, I'll get you back up there, Jimin-ah. Don't worry." 

"T-Thank you, Sir B-Bahamut," Jimin nods, bowing profusely. He notices colors swirling up from his feet through his peripheral vision and the colors are floating up to his eye level. Feeling lightheaded all of a sudden, Jimin feels his body slumping to the side, shoulder hitting the wall as tiredness takes over. 

"There's still time, you've just got to hurry." 

*****************************************************************

"I see you've made it out safe and sound," Belgemine lands on the ground, having her praying mantis Aeon carry her to Macalania Woods, where Bahamut the dragon is resting, eyes fixed onto Seokjin and Yoongi and Jimin.

"Yeah, we did," Seokjin says through gritted teeth. "Now you owe us an explanation." 

"I do," Belgemine nods. "And I apologize for your loss..." 

"For 's sake, can you just tell us what the h*ll is going on?" Yoongi strides over, grabbing Belgemine by the collar of her shirt...and he passes right through her, stumbling through her and landing on the ground, the spikes of his blitzball poking into his arms, through the bandages wound around his arms and drawing blood, the little droplets of crimson liquid dripping down the pale skin of his arms.

"Of course I would--you deserve it, after all, but violence is never the answer," Belgemine says as a matter-of-factly. "I would need your help to gather your friends. It would be easier to say when all of you are together." 

"I see the logic in that," Seokjin says quickly, before Yoongi has a chance to protest. "But they might be anywhere in the forest. How are we going to search?" 

"I can help with that," Belgemine says. "Sandy, Mindy and Cindy are versatile Aeons." She nods to them, and the three bug-people-Aeon-things run towards the forest, before disappearing into the sparkling, blue woods. It isn't long before the Guardians are gathered again, but Seokjin notices Namjoon coming back with two bloodied fists and Taehyung and Hoseok looking deader than usual (is that a burn on Hoseok's forehead?) and Jungkook's eyes are puffy and red. 

"Firstly, you have to understand, I am an unsent," Belgemine says, standing with Jimin's body between the two parties. 

"Yeah, we know," Yoongi mutters, more to himself than to anybody else.

"And you must know that I came from the Farplane as per Queen Lesca's request," says Belgemine. "I was sent to prevent Lord Jimin's death." 

"But failed," Yoongi adds, and Seokjin resists the urge to snap back at him.

"Yes, that I did fail," Belgemine continues, a little remorsefully. "However, only the dead can change the fate of the living. Those who can change fate are the ones that have been dealt Fate's Hand. Lord Jimin was destined to die, at that particular time, if no Farplane force challenged Fate. If he hadn't died from that Sinspawn attack, he would have died some other way anyway." 

"So you're supposed to come and make sure Jimin doesn't die, and leave?" Jungkook clarifies. 

"Yes," Belgemine nods. "But I came a little too late. However...there is still a way for Lord Jimin to regain his life back, and that is to pass the Bevelle Trials, the most sacred Trials in the entirety of Spira. Should he pass the Trials, he'll be back, and I believe that's where he is now." 

"And if he doesn't?" Yoongi dares to ask.

"He'll never return," Belgemine says. "Give him three days, and see if he comes back, if not..." 

"YAH! MIN YOONGI DON'T YOU DARE BURN YOURSELF TO DEATH!" 

The body on the ground jumps to his feet, throwing furtive glances around the group, scaring the life out of Hoseok and Taehyung who are standing the closest. Even Namjoon and Seokjin's eyes have widened and jaw slack at the sudden outburst...and reanimated person. Jimin looks like he's just gone through a war--the lines of exhaustion apparent on his forehead, and his eyes are narrowed at his Guardians.

"Yah, who said you guys could kill yourselves, huh?!" Jimin looks truly angry this time, eyes blazing, fists clenched at his sides, glare strong enough for any potential attacker think twice.

"How did you--" Jungkook starts, but Jimin cuts him off.

"You're going to throw your lives away just because I died? What kind of stupid reason is that?" Jimin growls, and Jungkook flinches. He's never seen Jimin this angry before. In fact, he's never even see Jimin angry before. "You think your life is so damn useless that you can throw away?" 

"Lord Jimin, it's not th--"

"Well, then you thought wrong. Guardians commit sucide right after Summoners' death? What kind of practice is this? Go and defend other Summoners. There aren't that many Guardians in the world to go around!" Jimin fumes. "Don't you dare, just because of me, try to kill yourself, understand?" 

"It's not the practice, Jimin," Taehyung speaks up now. "Sure, those were fleeting thoughts...but..." 

"Yeah, it's a crime in my book if you ever think that even for a second," Jimin seethes, voice going lower. 

"Ahem." 

At the intrusion, Jimin turns around, only to come face-to-face with a smiling woman, but her face is battle-wizened--he can tell.

"You are?" Jimin furrows his brows.

"Belgemine," the woman introduces herself to Jimin. "And I was just telling them about the workings of the Farplane..." 

"Oh, and you left me out of it?" Jimin makes his signature pout. 

Belgemine chuckles. "I'm sure you've experienced it enough for yourself." 

Jungkook just stares at the interaction between the two. How did Jimin just change like that? From a scowling, angry Jimin to a cute, pouting Jimin? 

No way. Did he just think Jimin is cute? 

"Anyway, you've obtained Bahamut's power?" Belgemine asks.

"Yeah," Jimin nods. 

"I'll see you soon, then," Belgemine says, dismissing the three bug Aeons and Bahamut with a wave of her hand, before disappearing. Just like that.

"What the h*ll just happened?" Hoseok stares at them blankly, at where Belgemine just disappeared. 

"She's gone. She's an unsent, remember?" Yoongi says, stepping over to Jimin. "She returned to the Farplane. Jimin..." 

"Sorry I got real mad just now," Jimin mutters, bowing his head. "I mean, I was just worried, and..." 

"No, we're sorry," Seokjin says. "You're right, Lord Jimin. Life is important. We shouldn't just throw it away." 

"Right, then, I guess...we need to head on? To Calm Lands?" 

"Yup," Taehyung confirms. "There's a temple there..." 

A large shadow looms over them, and Jimin looks up at the giant shadow, and eyes widen. Is Fate screwing with them? Is it? Or is there just something from Jimin this giant monster just doesn't like? 

No, Fate is screwing with them. At least, that's what Yoongi think as he grits his teeth. They're all tired and stressed, and this thing had just to come from the sky to rain down terror upon them.

Screw Sin.

"! Everyone! Run!" Jimin cries, running in the direction of Macalania Lake. Taehyung and Jungkook manage to avoid the Sinscales raining down on them in the dozens. Sin has to just start shedding its scales now, huh. Seokjin grabs Jimin by the arms and makes him sit on his back as the group runs towards the Lake Macalania, before Sin roars--the sound deafening. Seokjin skids on the ice, until he comes to a complete stop, and so does Taehyung, Hoseok, Jungkook, Namjoon and Yoongi. 

"There's nowhere to run! Macalania Temple is a dead-end!" Hoseok calls.

Sin's got them cornered real good.

"Brace yourselves!" Seokjin shouts back.

Sin, from its mouth, launches a giant ball of dark energy, sending it straight to them.

Jimin brings his staff, tucked behind his back, out, and mumbles a series of Spiran, before a giant shield appears around them. The giant ball of dark energy sinks into the lake, brushing past the shield and the ice breaks. Seokjin and Jimin tumble into the lake, the icy fingers of the lake gripping them and dragging them further and further down into the lake.

And this time, Jimin thinks he's going to die for real.

*******************************************************************