Den of Woe

Final Bangtan Fantasy X

Omg I can't believe I met another FF fan not from my family! All my life the only Final Fantasy fans I've met are my brother, father and cousin lol. Haha it's ok I try very hard not to picture Jimin in Yuna's dress too lol. LMAO JIMIN IN YUNA'S DRESS I picture Jimin in that Summoner Job class in Final Fantasy Dimensions (his sprite is Dusk's one in my mind) and Taehyung...well...I picture him like Buddy (FFX-2) except he's lighter skinned, has a little orange-tint to his yellow hair and doesn't wear goggles. 

******************************************************

"He's asleep," Seokjin lays Jimin down on a water bed they find not too far off the path. Supposedly one of Taehyung's creations, but the five of them can barely mention his name now without feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt and sadness. The five of them are now standing around, seemingly waiting for Jimin to wake up. His eyes are red and puffy when he'd cried himself to sleep, and his hair is a mess. The shoulder of Seokjin's shirt is wet from Jimin's tears. 

Hoseok glances back towards the fire. The flames have now become tiny cinders still burning on the rocks. Wait, is that--? Hosoek squints as he looks towards the place with the fiery rocks. 

"G-Guys...he's still there!" Hoseok points in that direction.

"Tae?" Jungkook looks hopeful. He doesn't wait for Hoseok to respond as he runs towards where the flames have now died down. Hoseok heads over to that location with Jungkook, but all he sees is Taehyung's still-Petrified form, his expression one of determination. 

"Is there any way to, you know, cure this?" Hoseok wonders. 

"We can go get Softs, but they're quite rare, I heard," Namjoon says, stepping up to them. "But, there is a way to get a Soft at the moment." 

"How?" Jungkook perks his ears up, like how a Ronso does whenever he's interested in anything. 

"You've gotta personally steal it off a Gorgon's Eye," Namjoon says. "And that means no burning it until we steal it." He eyes Hoseok. 

"You mean there's more than one of that thing?" Hoseok's face has turned pale. "In that cave thing?" 

"Yeah," Namjoon nods. "And we're not going to get another Gorgon's Eye...that is, until a month later. Even then, it might be a different fiend that pops out of that Den." He shouts to Yoongi, "You don't mind keeping Jimin company? We're going--" he jabs a thumb at the Den--"in there." 

"Sure, I don't mind," Yoongi nods, giving a wave as he settles himself down on some rocks. "You guys better come back, or I'll be going in there to haunt your soul for eternity." 

"We need someone who can steal," Seokjin walks over to them from Jimin's side. He side-eyes Jungkook.

Jungkook nods, "Yeah, I can steal. Been doing that since I was a kid." 

There is a moment of silence between them, at least, until Hoseok opens his mouth but Namjoon cuts him off, "No, you're coming with us. Without fire, there's no way to beat that thing." 

Hoseok shuts his mouth immediately after that. 

"Or are you scared, hmm?" Jungkook teases, grinning. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny," Hoseok's face is as white as a ghost's. Paler than Yoongi's, even. 

"Right, in we go." 

*******************************************************************

"This place is creepy," Hoseok shivers as he walks into the dark cave, jumping at everything that moves, and sometimes, he nearly hits either Seokjin or Jungkook, resulting in the other scolding him for being a scaredy cat. 

"Maybe it leads to the Farplane," Jungkook grins, and Hoseok can feel shivers running up his spine. 

"Quit scaring the poor kid," Namjoon can't hide a smile forming on his mouth.

"I-I-I'm not a kid!" Hoseok protests, voice trembling as much as his hands are shaking. "This place i-i-is just c-c-creepy!" 

"Hey, just how long more do we have to go?" Jungkook asks, poking at Seokjin's shoulder. 

But the older doesn't respond and continues walking forward. Namjoon gets a bad vibe coming from Seokjin as they walk deeper and deeper into the cave. This isn't right. The cave is too quiet. There are no fiends anywhere.

"How long is this going to go on for, Jin?" Namjoon taps Seokjin's shoulder. Seokjin doesn't respond and continues trudging ahead. "Hey, Jin! Talk to me!" 

"There is nothing to talk about." 

Seokjin's voice is harsh. No, that voice isn't even Seokjin's. 

"Get back!" Namjoon shouts, arm grabbing for his sword and slamming into Jungkook by mistake, the younger groaning a little as he reels back from Namjoon's accidental punch to the stomach. Namjoon pulls out his sword from his sheath at his back and swings it down. 

"You're a Warrior, Namjoon. That sword doesn't make for good fighting in caves, y'know," Seokjin draws his own sword, but he starts running in the opposite direction, deeper into the cave and further away from Namjoon.

"W-What was that?" Hoseok looks thoroughly shaken. 

"I don't know, but we'd best go after him," Namjoon shakes his head. He doesn't remember this happening ever either. Is...Seokjin possessed by some spirit that dwells here? Without another word between the three of them, they speed off in the direction of where Seokjin has went, eventually arriving at a large chamber with pyreflies surrounding it.

"You're right." 

Namjoon sees Seokjin standing in the middle of the chamber. Before Namjoon can yell anything, Seokjin continues, "This cave leads to the Farplane. You're foolish to think that if you enter here, you'd leave here alive." 

"Who the h*ll are you and get out of my friend's body!" Namjoon's hands were shaking when he holds his sword out against Seokjin. Is he ready to cut down his friend when it comes to it? 

"Shuyin," Seokjin says, gesturing to himself. "I died a thousand years ago." 

**********************************************************

Hey, Tae. 

Yeah? 

You wanna...you wanna go on an adventure one day? 

Hmm...yeah. I wanna find my home.

Your home's right here, in Besaid! 

No, my home isn't here. It's somewhere with golden sands. It's really pretty. When I find it, I'll tell you all about it. 

Then I wanna go with you. I'm gonna go with you to find your home, but Tae?

Yeah? 

You know you'll always have a home, right? In my heart? 

Hmm...yeah.

********************************************************

Jimin awakes with a start, and finds himself looking up at a rocky bridge blocking out the sun. He's lying on something comfortable. And squishy. He groans as he tries propping himself up on his elbows, but he slides off the bed, landing on the ground with a loud thump.

"Oh, you're awake." Jimin looks up to see Yoongi's face. 

"Uh, what?" Jimin rubs his eyes. "Where did the rest go?" 

"Rest? Oh, you mean Jungkookie and the others? They went into the Den of Woe." 

"W-Wait, what in Yevon's name are they doing in there?" Jimin scrambles to his feet. "Why in the world would they--?" 

"To find a cure for Tae." 

"Fine, then I'm going with them!" Jimin starts running towards the Den of Woe, but he hears a thud behind him and Yoongi's fingers latching onto the back of his shirt. 

"No, you're not," Yoongi says, pulling Jimin back. "We're not going to save your if you get your *ss whooped in there. It's safer to stay out here. At least the fiends are way weaker than those in that cave." 

"But they're my friends. What if they all get killed in there?" Jimin struggles against Yoongi's hold. 

"I swear, that's not going to happen," Yoongi says. "Right now, all you gotta do is survive. Jungkookie and the rest will take care of it."

Jimin grits his teeth. "Screw you." And he does something he never thought he'd do.

He knees Yoongi in the groin.

*******************************************************

"Shuyin...I heard that name before," Namjoon says. 

"I died, a thousand years ago in war between Zanarkand and Bevelle. They killed me...and Lenne," Seokjin's mouth curls up into an evil grin. "You stink of Bevelle." 

Okay, Namjoon feels personally offended now. 

"Knucklehead, this is a thousand years later. Bevelle isn't as bad as you think it is. We stopped all those warring already." 

Seokjin laughs with Shuyin's voice, the deep alto revebrating through the chamber. "Right. I totally believe you. As if your Bevelle isn't still trying to take over other villages and cities." 

"Bevelle would never do that," Namjoon grits his teeth, but Jungkook realizes his voice is full of uncertainty. 

"Kim Namjoon," Seokjin-or-Shuyin says. "I'm going to say this one last time. No one who's from Bevelle is going to make it out here alive." 

"I'm safe then. I'm not from Bevelle," Namjoon grins. Jungkook looks slightly relieved that he's from Mount Gagazet. Hoseok knows for a fact he's from Guadosalam, so he won't necessarily die either. Maybe Shuyin's threat is...no...

"No, wait!" Namjoon seems to realize the moment Hoseok does. 

"Your friend isn't going to make it out alive today," Shuyin grins, placing Seokjin's sword at his own throat. 

***********************************************************

Jimin runs into the Den of Woe himself, and the moment he enters, he finds the cavern eeriely quiet. There's still a long passageway in front of him, and Jimin keeps on running and running. He runs until his legs can't carry him anymore. Jimin sinks to the ground, hands on his knees, panting. He looks back towards the cave entrance. Maybe if he turns back now...

But it's all darkness behind him. The cave entrance is nowhere to be seen.

Strange...if it's just a straight path there should at least be a hint of light...

"Jimin." 

Jimin turns around, recognizing the voice instantly. 

Taehyung is standing there, translucent, a fair distance away, but Jimin can make out his face and body. Taehyung waves, albeit a little timidly. Jimin rubs his eyes. His best friend can't be here right now. Not when there's still a chance of saving him. Unless...

"Tae?" 

"Hmm?" Taehyung takes a step forward, then breaks into a run, before enveloping Jimin in a hug. His arms lack the sustenance it used to have. It's really Taehyung's ghost. He even smells the same. Jimin feels his tears welling up in his eyes again as he hugs his friend back.

"Why're you here?" Jimin asks, burying his face in his friend's shoulder. "I thought...I..." 

"To convince you to follow me," Taehyung breaks free of the hug. "Death isn't all that bad. It's way easier than falling asleep, not knowing what's out there trying to get you. It's way easier than living and worrying for Sin to come get you." 

"Tae? I don't get it. Are you trying to...?" Jimin asks, as Taehyung yanks on his wrist, jerking the little boy forward. Jimin nearly trips and tries to steady himself. 

"Just come with me, and you can join me." 

"W-Wait, stop! Tae! Let go!" 

"I'm asking you to die, Park Jimin," Taehyung whirls back, his eyes ablaze now. "Are you so shallow-minded that you don't get it? You owe me, Park Jimin. You got me killed." 

Jimin bites his lip, but Taehyung lets go of Jimin's wrist and spreads his arms wide--as wide as they can get in this tiny passageway anyway. Taehyung is right. If it was not for Jimin being such a burden, Taehyung wouldn't have died. Maybe he does owe his friend one.

But he owes Sin his vengeance too.

"I'll come and die together with you. Later. After I beat Sin and...bring about the Calm," Jimin says slowly. "I'd die anyway."

"No, Jimin! I can't wait any longer!" Taehyung begs, now grabbing hold of Jimin's shoulders and shaking the boy. "Jimin! Come with me!" He begins dragging Jimin towards the darkness of the cave, but Jimin knows something for sure. This person in front of him is not Taehyung. It's not his childhood friend.

Jimin feels his feet sliding against the rock, as if his shoes have lost all sense of friction. He screams and tries to get a grip on anything. Anything at all, but he's too weak to wrestle against the vengeful spirit. He almost loses his footing as he comes to the edge of the cliff. Jimin's eyes widen in horror as he sees many arms and hands erupting from the pitch-black hole in front of them, trying to grab onto Jimin's ankles. Screaming, Jimin grabs onto a piece of rock wall, trying to pull himself away. His heart thudding in his chest, and his head spinning, Jimin can barely concentrate on anything other than survival. 

"O valiant knight of Kilika, come forth through your carriage of flames, Ifrit!" Jimin shouts, a last ditch-effort to escape. 

He sees the cavern suddenly light up in flames, and Ifrit burst out from the ground, covered in fire. 

The spirit wails and lets Jimin go, screaming as it falls back into the hole. Ifrit roars at the hands in the hole, and one by one, the hands shrink into the hole, until not a single one can be seen. Jimin is now on the ground, panting hard. Ifrit comes over, and scoops Jimin up onto its shoulders, before making its way through the passageway.

"Wow, thanks so much, V," Jimin pats the Ifrit's back. The Ifrit growls, but continues running through the cavern, going through the winding passageways until Jimin sees the light of the entrance. He may have failed to find his friends, but he'd rest up outside and go back in.

At least, that's what he thought, when he hears a rumbling sound. 

"W-Whoa!" Jimin clings onto Ifrit as the ground opens up beneath them, sending them into a dark abyss.

***************************************************************

"Stop it, Shuyin. Let him go. Take me instead," Namjoon growls, his teeth ground together so hard that he is sure he's damaging his teeth.

"No can do," Seokjin says, the sword pressing deeper into Seokjin's throat, allowing beads of blood to escape from where the sword has bitten into his neck. Namjoon takes one step forward.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Leave...and you just might see you friend again." 

"The h*ll I'd be leaving," Namjoon spits. "I don't trust you." 

"Namjoon!" 

"Another one?" Seokjin angles his head to look at the newcomer. 

Yoongi runs into the chamber, a little awkwardly, though. Namjoon suspects that someone has done something to his "place-that-doesn't-shine". 

"Did you see--?" Yoongi pauses, and gapes at the scene in front of him. "Holy, is that--?" 

"Another midget," Seokjin-Shuyin mutters. 

"Who're you calling a midget, oaf?!" Yoongi's held back by Jungkook, as the younger shakes his head. "That's not Seokjin right now. Someone's possessed him." 

"My name is Shuyin," Seokjin-Shuyin says. "You'd do to remember it well."

It would have been a dramatic moment. That is, if there isn't a screaming coming from somewhere above them. Seokjin-Shuyin looks up, only to jump aside to dodge the incoming Ifrit and its Summoner.

"For Yevon's sake, Jimin!" Jungkook runs over to his friend and hugs him, the tall Ronso towering over the Summoner. 

Meanwhile, Seokjin-Shuyin's sword has been knocked to the side. Hoseok sees it, runs forward, and picks it up.

Now, he has no friggin idea how to use a sword. He has never held one in his life until now. A Guado using a sword is unheard of, they say. Now, he's here, wielding a Soldier's sword for the very first time.

Oh, blast it. He's better with spells any day. 

"Joon!"

Namjoon whirls at the sound of his name and sees a sword tossed to him. Namjoon grabs the sword as it flies through the air. Hoseok aims his palms at Seokjin. "Blizzaga!" 

Ice begins to form at Seokjin-Shuyin's feet, trapping him in one place.

"Normally, spirit possession ceases when the body can't function anymore," Namjoon says. "I'll see you never again, Shuyin." 

With the hilt of his sword, Namjoon slams it into Seokjin's head. He can see his friend's eyes roll up in his head and slump onto the ground (somewhat, seeing as Seokjin's feet is still encased in ice). 

"V, melt it," Jimin says. He looks around. Shuyin's definitely still somewhere. Before he possesses anybody again... Ifrit's fire roars and it melts the ice around Seokjin's feet. Namjoon picks up his friend, slotting his friend's sword into the sheath, before doing so for his own sword. 

"Come on, let's get out of here," Jungkook pulls on Hoseok's hand, as Jimin rides atop Ifrit. 

Out they go into the light.

********************************************************

"In the end, we didn't meet any Gorgon's Eye..." Jimin is sitting on Ifrit's back, resting. He feels like sh*t. Not only did they fail to find any Softs, they had almost lost Seokjin. Jimin gets off Ifrit, and dismisses the Aeon. 

"You mean that one?" 

Hoseok points a shaky finger up at a rock face, and Jimin sees it coming. 

A golden Basilisk.

"Jungkook!" Namjoon shouts. The Ronso jumps up the rock face, as the Gorgon's Eye shrieks. Jungkook roars, his claws swiping the Gorgon's Eye's head, something lodged in Jungkook's claws. A bottle...of what looks like Soft! The mission is a success! 

"Hobi, now!" Jungkook calls, running along the rock wall, trying to dig his claws into whatever rock he can so he doesn't fall off the vertical surface.

Hoseok doesn't need to be told twice. He readies a Firaga spell at the Basilisk, which is moving surprisingly fast, and with one eye gone, it's quite difficult to be accurate. But the longer he waits, the faster the Gorgon's Eye gets, until it's only a blur, its golden body blending in along the rock wall. Jungkook is busily distracting the fiend for him, but Hoseok can't hit the Ronso. He has to get it right.

Hit the bulls-eye.

"Yoongi! Slow it down for me!" 

Yoongi knows exactly what Hoseok wants him to do. He closes one eye, aims, and throws. The spiked blitzball whirls through the air, hitting the Gorgon's Eye spot-on on its eye. The Gorgon's Eye screeches, its legs keeping him anchored to the rock, but it has stopped. 

"Firaga!" 

The area around the Gorgon's Eye bursts into flames. All Jimin can hear is the screech behind the wall of fire as Jungkook descends from the rock wall. He lands on the ground, panting hard. 

"You got the Soft?" Seokjin asks, running over to the Ronso and helping him up. Jungkook grins, holding up the bottle of yellow liquid. He hands it over to Seokjin, then to everyone's surprise, passes it to Jimin, wrapping the Summoner's fingers tightly around the bottle. 

"Don't you dare drop it," Seokjin says. 

Jimin nods. He takes the Soft from Seokjin, and walks over to Taehyung's Petrified form. He uncaps the bottle, and throws its contents all over the stone statue. The liquid takes effect immediately. The stone starts to break off, the stone encasing Taehyung's body shatters. Unconscious, Taehyung falls out, Jimin running to catch him in time before he hits the ground.

Jungkook watches, as Jimin cries, hugging Taehyung as if his life depended on it. 

"Get off this place! It's my turf!" 

"N-No!" Jungkook flails, ing his horn about, his spear jabbing into someone's armour. Tears have gathered in his eyes, and as they form rivulets down his cheeks, the cold drafts blowing through Mount Gagazet are stinging his cheeks. 

"Little midget. I told you one last time! Get off!" The Ronso yanks Jungkook away, sending the younger sprawling to the ground. Jungkook gets up, but not before his head is pushed back down, the Ronso holding a spear to his face as his foot stomps heavily down on Jungkook's head. Jungkook winces as he sees stars, his skull exploding in pain. 

"Get rid of him," the Ronso says to one of his henchmen, and Jungkook feels himself being violently manhandled as he's thrown into a cave. He screams for mercy as the Ronso gang blocks the cave's entrance with a large boulder. Jungkook cries, thumping his fists on the boulder, and even jabbing it with his spear to try to move it. After a while, he gives up, because the effort made to stay warm leaves him with no strength to do much of anything else.

Jungkook curls up, back against the boulder. There's no fiends here. That means no food either. He's either going to suffocate, die of thirst or die or famine. Sobbing, Jungkook pushes his face further between his knees, trying not to shiver. 

All of a sudden, the boulder is pushed aside, making Jungkook fall backwards. He shrieks as he lands heavily on his back. Jungkook looks up at his saviour, and comes face to face with....

An Ogre. Apparently, this is the Ogre's lair, and he's in it. 

"Y-Yah!" Jungkook picks up his spear, and at lightning speed, jabs the spear at the Ogre's leg. Fresh blood spurts out from the leg, leaving the Ogre screeching and bellowing in pain and anger. Jungkook, being a nimble Ronso, manages to escape the grasp of the Ogre, and he runs. He runs and runs, until he finds himself somewhere he doesn't know. Macalania Woods? Thunder Plains? He doesn't know. All Jungkook knows is to run.

*******************************************************

"Earth to Jungkook." 

Jungkook is shaken from his reverie as he sees Yoongi's face right in front of him. "You okay, kid?" 

"U-Uh, yeah," Jungkook nods.

"Aren't you gonna, y'know," Yoongi jabs a thumb at Jimin and Taehyung. Taehyung has awoken, and is kind of in shock at the crying, trembling boy hugging him and he has no choice but to hug back.

"Nah," Jungkook shakes his head. Because there's no place for him there. Jimin and Taehyung were friends long before they met Jungkook, so the youngest has no right to interfere in their friendship. There's no place for him there. And there won't be...anywhere.

Jungkook doesn't know why, but he feels a strange wetness in his eyes.

*******************************************************

"There's a temple up ahead," Taehyung says. "Djose Temple. And there's an inn there too. We can rest up while we're at it." He's walking beside Jimin. 

"Sweet," Namjoon yawns. "I'm getting tired, too. Time to hit the sack." 

"I made it through...an entire day...without sleeping..." Hoseok yawns also, stretching his arms, his rucksack slung across his shoulder.

"That's a great improvement," Jimin grins, giving his famous eye-smile. Famous to the Besaid villager and his friends anyway. "Let's go get some sleep." 

*****************************************************

"You're out here too?" Jimin sees Taehyung as the latter is staring up at the sky. Jimin settles himself down next to Taehyung. 

"Yeah," Taehyung turns to look at Jimin. 

"We used to do this a lot too," Jimin lays down on the rocky path, the rocks cutting into his back, but he doesn't mind. "Back in Besaid. There'd be a lot of stars in the sky." 

"And shooting stars," Taehyung says, turning back towards the sky. He points at a certain sliver of white dashing across the sky. "Like that one." 

"You should make a wish," Jimin says, nudging his best friend with his elbow. Taehyung smiles and closes his eyes, opening them after a while and meeting Jimin's smiling face.

"So?" his friend asks.

"Not telling," Taehyung's mouth curls into a grin, showing those beautiful white teeth of his. 

"Don't be mean!" Jimin laughs, giving his friend a soft punch, but he spends most of the entire night like that, staring up at the sky. There are many things his regrets, but the one thing he doesn't is setting off on his journey of his. Sure, there are many ups and downs, but he will learn to deal with it. 

After all, he has his friends by his side.