Home Is Where The Heart Is

Final Bangtan Fantasy X

"You know, I'm gonna find my home one day."

"Your home? Isn't it here? In Besaid?" 

"Nuh-uh. My home is somewhere out there. Somewhere where there are people of my kind. Where I'm not the only one."

"But...Tae...just remember that...you have a home. Right here, in Besaid."

"Thanks, Jiminnie...but...that's just...it's not where I came from. It's not my home."

**********************************************************************

"It's not my home..." Taehyung twirls the wrench in his hand, wondering why his machine wouldn't work. The experiment just now worked fine...why is it not working now?

Maybe he's just thinking too much. He throws himself on his bed and tries to sleep, but slumber doesn't come easily for him. Taehyung has two things on his mind. Jimin and Jungkook...and...that one hot guy who's always there, but Taehyung is always in a "senpai please notice me" stage.

Maybe the obstacle here is Kim Namjoon. Right, he must be it.

He glances over at the clock on the beside table. It's nearly 2am. He throws his arm on his eyes to block out the sunlight as he tries to sleep, focusing only on the droning of the ceiling fan.

**********************************************************************

"Alright, just past that point, past the Cavern of the Fayth, is Mount Gagazet, and you're one step closer to getting to the Zanarkand Ruins," says Cid. "The weather's fine today. Must be a good sign. Well, off you go, young'uns!" 

"Sure...okay," Jimin nods, saluting as he steps off the airship platform. His Guardians follow him. All except one.

He watches as Taehyung stands at the edge of the platform, eyes downcast and he loosk fidgety.

"What's wrong, Tae?"

Taehyung doesn't answer, and an uncomfortable silence settles over them. Jungkook senses the tension.

"You're not...coming with us, are you?"

The raw feelings in Jimin's words are so strong that Taehyung has to look up, only to see his eyes b with unshed tears. He feels bad now. For making Jimin cry. He's saying goodbye, possibly forever, to his best friend for many years. He looks over at Jungkook.

"Take care of Jimin for me."

Jungkook nods, and he tugs at Jimin's hand. Jimin sniffles as he hides his face in his sleeves, turning back to his other Guardians. Taehuyng gives a sad smile to the other Guardians, and he turns his back to them, unable to see their faces for long. He's leaving them, forever, in favour of his own home.

This is his home, isn't it? In the arms of the Al Bhed, where he really belonged.

So why is it that he doesn't feel happy at all?

Buddy pats his back as he walks in, trudging down the corridors to his room.

Why does he not feel at home here?

************************************************************************************

Jungkook sniffs the air, his body humming with a mysterious energy. He feels revitalized, as if coming to Mount Gagazet is the very air he breathes. His body is acclimated to the mountain air, and he feels he's walking into his mountain's embrace. Even if the Ronso tribe doesn't accept him, the mountain always will.

"This is your...h-h-homeland?" Jimin shudders, wrapping his arms around himself in an attempt to keep warm.

"Yeah," Jungkook nods. He takes Jimin's hands, wrapping them in his warm ones.

They continue walking up, but as they ascend, Jimin can feel Jungkook getting tenser and tenser, as if they're going to approach something that he'd rather not.

His question is answered right after, when he senses something hostile. And many of them. Jimin looks up just in time to pull Jungkook away from a lance that could possibly end his life. Jungkook and he hit the snowy ground hard, and Seokjin has his sword drawn already, bracing himself for whatever's out there.

Jungkook springs over to the lance and plucks it out of the snow where it stuck. He turns it around, looking at the blade and he drops it, the lance landing back into the snow. His expression is dark, and he moves back to beside Jimin, making sure he's close to him at all times.

"What's wrong, Kookie?"

"Keep your eye out!" Jungkook hisses to the rest, and the other four remain on guard. 

They walk, and walk, and it almost seems that all is calm. That is, until arrows began to fire at them from somewhere and Jungkook manages to deflect most of it, although one makes it past his defenses and scrapes Jimin's cheek, letting warm blood run down his skin. He sees Jungkook's expression darken and he looks up at the direction of the arrows.

He touches Jimin's wound gently, wiping away the droplets of blood oozing out before hoisting Jimin onto his back and Jimin has to make sure not to get stabbed by Jungkook's spiky shoulder guards. Jungkook breaks into a run, the other four following after them, running through the snow, through the blizzard that surged forth.

The cold bites at Yoongi's skin, and he can see the puffs of white coming out of his mouth and nose as he huffs. He feels a warm presence beside him, and he looks up into Hoseok's sharp jawline as Hoseok runs next to him, allowing Yoongi the benefit of his warmth.

They make it past to an icy cave where they take shelter and refuge, Namjoon's heart racing as he hides in the cave along with the others. What just attacked them? Apparently, Jungkook seems to know.

"What was that?" Jimin asks, using a Cure spell to magick away the wound.

"My clan," Jungkook mutters. He doesn't seem to have a good relationship with them, judging from his tone of voice. "Let's just say it's not going to be a very warm welcome."

"We can't stay here forever," Seokjin protests. "We'll freeze here."

"He's right," Jimin nods. "We have to keep moving. Maybe I can...you know, make some peace?"

"Yeah, right," Jungkook scoffs. "They'd never make peace with anyone not Ronso." He thinks for a while. "Except maybe Kelk Ronso. He is a Maester after all."

"A Ronso is a Maester?" Jimin sounds utterly shocked.

"Hmm, yeah," Seokjin nods. "One of the lesser Maesters, I'd say, just like Kinoc."

Jungkook nods and he hears shouting. He turns and suddenly sees a spear pointed straight in his face. He gulps and he peers out of the cave, all without moving his head and he can faintly hear the sound of Jimin's breath hitching.

"The runt," he hears the newcomer snarl and in one swift move, Jungkook reaches up to grab the spear, pulling whoever it is into hte cave. The black-fured Ronso falls in, yelping when he hits the ground hard. Jungkook, with a feral roar, lunges onto the Ronso, wrestling him to the ground.

The other five stare in worry and shock as blood suddenly hit the icy ground in splatters as the black-fur Ronso breaks free from the struggle and dashes out of the cave, tail between his legs. Jungkook presses down on his neck, where he's sustained the wound. Blood is still trickling out and staining his fur. 

"Jungkook!" Jimin rushes over, catching Jungkook before he topples over.

"I'm fine," Jungkook grits his teeth, not even looking up at Jimin.

"Jungkook...you have to let me patch you up!" Jimin holds Jungkook down and green light appears from his hands. He touches Jungkook's wound and Jungkook feels way better, the blood disappearing from his skin.

"Who was that?" Seokjin asks, and Jungkook responds with a growl.

"Pirip. He's an *ss." He stands up abruptly. "Come on, let's go."

"You sure you're okay, Kookie?"

"I'm fine," Jungkook says, wrapping a protective arm around Jimin as the six of them once again step out into the icy weather, wary of any Ronso that may be hidden and planning an ambush. They reach a small clearing soon enough, with a giant gate leading onwards to the rest of Mount Gagazet. 

"Who goes there?" 

A booming voice rings throughout the clearing, and Jimin's Guardians get ready to fight.

Someone steps out from the gate, eyes fiery as he regards Jimin. Jimin stands his ground confidently, performing Yevon's prayer before introducing himself.

"I'm Jimin of the Besaid Isles," he bows once again. "A Summoner of Yevon. We wish to pass through this sacred mountain."

The Ronso, in which Jungkook identifies as Kelk Ronso, nods. He looks old, judging by that beard he has. He it lightly, before saying, "And who is the Ronso accompanying you. Should I arrest you on the grounds of kidnapping one of our kind?"

Jungkook flares up, "He didn't kidnap me! He saved me! And I don't want to return to your stupid clan!"

The Ronso standing behind Kelk immediately burst into an uproar, but with one word of "Silence!", the clan's chatters died down and they simply fix Jimin and company with steely glares as they ready themselves for battle.

"This is your home, filth-mouthed Ronso," Kelk says indignantly. "How dare you speak ill of it."

"It was never my home," Jungkook hisses, anger and disgust evident in his voice. "I never felt at home here."

"A home is a place where you return to, young Ronso," Kelk says. "Where there are people of your kind. You don't find that anywhere else in Spira, do you?" His tone is challenging.

Jungkook is quick to counter, "You're wrong. I don't return here. Sure, there aren't people of my kind anywhere else in Spira, but my home isn't here. My home is with Jimin, and everyone here. My home is the Besaid Isle."

"How dare you compare the blessed mountain of Mount Gagazet to that ulu place!" Kelk roars and Jungkook springs to a battle stance.  At Kelk's words, even Jimin is enraged. How dare he talk about his home like that!

"Besaid was...my home too," Yoongi steps forward. "And I'm prepared to fight for its honor."

"Know your place, Al Bhed," Kelk hisses, taking a threatening step forward, and Yoongi growls.

"Now you've really made me mad."

"All Ronso! To your battle formation! We are fighting to kill! These traitors to Yevon are not worthy of a trial!" 

Jimin and his Guardians prepare for battle. Jimin wasn't expecting this at all, but he's not going to let Kelk beat them down so easily, not when he just defiled the place where Jimin grew up, the people he was surrounded with, giving him the energy to carry on each day with a smile on his face (even if half of them are ladies theatening to beat him down with old, rotten umbrellas).

"There's too many," Namjoon says, assessing the situation. "We're not going to make it. We've got to weave a path and fight through."

"Look out! They're coming!" Seokjin cries and the six of them charge into battle.

************************************************************

"Shiva! Diamond Dust!"

Jimin and company are still battling their way through the entire clan of Ronso, Jungkook managing to take down the most. Jimin has attempted yet another Double Summoning, and Jungkook can see the beads of sweat on his forehead despite the wintry weather. It's really taking a toll on him.

"Valefor! Sonic Wings!" 

The drafts created by Valefor manages to blow at least five Ronso away, the five of them hitting on the rocks, and knocking two of them out of commission. Jimin hitches a ride on Valefor's back as he instructs it to fly, high up into the sky.

"Energy Blast!"

Jungkook sees it coming and rolls out of the range, dragging Seokjin out of the way. Energy Ray rains down on the Ronso, not killing them--just weakening them to a point when they can't fight anymore.

"Time to test my new ability," Seokjin holds out his sword in front of him, and he feels the Caladbolg's power flowing through his veins. "Slice and Dice!"

Seokjin rushes forward, fuelled by the power of his sword as he slashes at the Ronso, moving too quick for the Ronso to even catch up.

"Banishing Blade!"

Seokjin turns to see Namjoon firing his own attack. Glyphs appear around his sword as he slashes at the foes, blowing some away into the tundra. He can see someone else, Jungkook, executing his own Overdrive. He unleashes an Aqua Breath on the enemies, water spilling out of his mouth in bubbles and foam as it hits the Ronso, forcing them against the wall.

"Come on! Let's go!" Jimin dismisses Shiva and exchanges for Bahamut. Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon clamber onto Bahamut while Jungkook and Jimin cling onto Valefor's feathers, Valefor swooping down and snatching Seokjin up into its talons.

The two Aeons fly high into the air, taking the six of them with them. A snowstorm starts, battering at all of their bodies, until Jimin's energy is depleted and Valefor and Bahamut land on the ground, tired and spent. Jimin dismisses them and he has to be supported by Jungkook as they arrive at the cave of Mount Gagazet. This is where the true test is.

Just as Jimin is about to enter the cave, he hears someone running up to him. It's a female Ronso, dressed in Summoner's robes. She puts her hands together, showing ninja-like symbols as the mountain begins rumbling. Jimin gasps as he ground opens up beneath him and Jungkook grasps his hand, pulling his Summoner to safety as something rises from the fissure in the ground.

Jimin knows that Aeon. He's even got it himself!

It's a Dark version of Anima, the Anima having even more rotting and dead skin than Jimin's own Anima. Instead of a white sclera and black pupils, this one has a black sclera and red pupils, much like how Yoongi looked like when he was possessed back at Baaj Temple. The Anima roars, straining against its restraints which holds it to the ground.

"Pain!"

"Watch out!" Jungkook pulls Jimin away from the onslaught of dark energy and Jimin stumbles back into Jungkook's embrace. There's no way they can fight this thing. Namjoon and Seokjin are already approaching the entrance to the cavern, and they beckon the rest to follow.

"Oblivion!"

Jimin and Jungkook scream as the ground opens up beneath them and they see the monster below. Jungkook wraps himself around Jimin, preparing for whatever h*ll they're going to receive.

That is, until something hit Anima, pulling them out of the oblivion world. Jimin screams as he flies back up, and the two of them hit the ground hard. Jungkook wheezes, grasping onto Jimin's robes and pulling him over to the cavern entrance, where Yoongi and Hoseok are waiting.

"W-Who?" Jimin looks up and sees a familiar face. The chopping sound of the wind sounds very familiar.

"Tae!" Jimin watches as Taehyung leaps from the airship in the air and he lands on the ground lightly. Jimin notices the presence of Godhand on his wrist. Taehyung quickly pulls Jimin and Jungkook to safety, Anima's Pain attack hitting the wall of the mountain and the mountain shakes, causing rocks to fall and it traps the party inside.

"Tae! What the h*ll!" Jimin cries, embracing his friend tightly. Taehyung's only left them today, yet it feels like forever. "I thought you found your home! With the Al Bhed!"

"I...didn't feel at home there," Taehyung admits, flushing. "I guess I was mistaken all along. My home is right here...with all of you."

"That is by far the cheesiest thing I've ever heard." Even Seokjin is smiling, and Taehyung finds it contagious.

"Well, we still have to find our way to Zanarkand...welcome back to the team, Taehyung," Seokjin smiles, holding out a hand to shake, and Taehyung takes it.

He feels a shiver pass through his spine as he takes Seokjin's hand, Seokjin's skin cold against his own.

"Let's keep moving. Anima may be coming after us," Namjoon says, looking back at the rockslide. "There's no way to go back now. We can only move forth." 

********************************************************************

I'm really sorry for this crappy chapter