Moonflow

Final Bangtan Fantasy X

Hihi, back again. Hope you enjoy as usual! 

And yeah, I didn't expect Shuyin to make an appearance so early either, but hey, surprise surprise. I'm writing as I go along, so when the group arrived at Mushroom Rock Road, I thought of the Den of Woe (but pls, I'm not so hardcore and I haven't been there in my life) and I researched it, so I found out that Shuyin was supposed to be there and well, meh. 

And btw it's my theory that the Moonflow used to be the Midgar swamp lol. For those who play FFX & FFVII, I realized a few things: first, they're both swamps. Secondly, the Moonflow has many pyreflies. Where did they come from? The Midgar Zolom killed people. Thirdly, even though there are a lot of boats in Spira, why do Spirans use Shoopufs to cross the Moonflow? Answer? Because only the Shoopuf is strong enough to beat that Midgar Zolom. I know there's no concrete evidence that the two are interelated, because let's face it. I think the games are like ten, if not twenty years apart, so it's a little farfetched, but in FF Ultimatum, the game director (I think) stated that FFVII may just be FFX's future, but then again, wouldn't FFVII being FFX make more sense? 

Or is it just me? P.S. Midgar Swamp is a place in FF7 where there's this really scary serpent thing called the Midgar Zolom that lives there. 

*************************************************************

"Jimin's in there since forever..." Jungkook mutters, fidgeting as he sits outside the Cavern of the Fayth on the carpeted stone steps. Seokjin nods. The electricity pulsing around the temple is becoming a little...unsettling, especially after they've been there for so long. 

"What do you think the new Aeon's going to look like?" Jungkook asks.

"Ah, who knows?" Seokjin scratches his head, looking down at the ground in the chamber, and feigning an interest in his shoes.

"Yah, you're not as talkative as usual since yesterday," Jungkook observes. "What's gotten into you?" 

"Huh? Nothing," Seokjin says, still refusing to look at Jungkook. 

"If it's about the Shuyin thing, it's okay," Jungkook shakes his head. "Everyone makes mistakes sometimes."

Just at that moment, the cavern door opens, and Jimin walks out, a little shaky and has to lean on Jungkook's shoulder. 

"Right, let's head onwards to Macalania!" 

****************************************************************

"Hey, you were the guys that went into that Den of Woe, right?" 

Jimin stops in his tracks, along with the rest of his Guardians, as the group (minus Jimin) eyes the newcomers warily. He sees two boys, standing there, one them with an odd hairstyle, his hair sticking up everywhere, and the other one looks more normal, dark-skinned with white hair dressed in a priest's outfit. They look expectantly at the group.

"Well, yeah," Jimin nods. "Hey, what're your names?" 

"He's Nooj, and I'm Baralai," the dark-skinned boy says. "We wanna know all about it, I mean. No one's ever come out of there alive before." 

"We wanted to go in some day," Nooj says. "But Ma and Pa said it's dangerous, so..." 

"Yeah, it's pretty dangerous. Don't go inside, ya hear?" Jimin grins, and waves goodbye to the two boys. "Just stay out of that place." 

"Uh...okay?" Baralai and Nooj watch as the group walks away. 

"See you around, Baralai-ah! Nooj-ah!" Jimin yells. "I'd love to talk to you guys more but we're in a hurry!" 

"What was that all about?" Jungkook looks intrigued, stealing glances back at the two children as the group walks away.

"I dunno, but I guess it's better to save a few lives...you know what I mean?" Jimin leads the group towards a path almost void of any life, save the fiends around the area. "Plus I have the feeling we'd meet again somewhere."  

"Yup." 

****************************************************************

"So, what does the new Aeon look like?" Hoseok bounces around Jimin, along with Taehyung, the latter being his usual goofy self again. 

"I dunno," Jimin grins. "We'll know when I need to summon her. Oh, and I name her Minnie." 

"Minnie?" Namjoon laughs. "What kind of name is that for an Aeon?" 

"H-Hey, Minnie's a nice name, alright!" Jimin cries, flustered. 

"You know the fayth for Ixion is a guy, right?" Jungkook grins.

"R-Really?" 

"Duh, you prayed to him," Yoongi scoffs. 

"Yeah, but still..." Jimin mumbles. 

"Yah stop teasing," Seokjin grins, slapping the back of Jungkook's head, in which the youngest whines. 

The group continues walking, laughing and joking with each other as they walk along Djose Highroad, fending off the abundance of Bunyips (hard-shelled, purple little creatures that Jimin would have considered cute if not for it's attacking them) or Garms (dogs quick on his feet that only Seokjin and Yoongi are fast enough to hit), encountering the occassional Ochus (Taehyung and Jungkook shiver) and Simurghs (in which Hoseok likes to sadistically shock with lightning and the only enemy that Namjoon can't hit). 

"Hey, look out!" 

Jimin bumps into a small character, and it sends the two of them crashing to the ground. Jimin rubs his head as Jungkook helps him up.

"Oh dearie, dearie me, whatever should I do?"

"Uh, are you okay?" Jimin looks at the little figure sitting on the ground. He's dressed in a costume from head to toe, save a space revealing his mouth and nose...for him to breathe, Jimin guesses. His costume's head consists of fake eyes and a beak, making him look like a tiny bird with a hat.

"Oh nononononono," Tobli wails. "It's bad. It's very very very very bad! Nonononononono the show can't go on! There's not enough tickets sold! When there's not enough tickets sold, that means there are no people! When there's no people, the show will be a no-show!" 

"What did he just say?" Yoongi looks bored. "Come on, Jimin. We've got better things to do." 

"So, how'd you like us to help?" Jimin smiles at Tobli, obviously ignoring Yoongi.

"So you'd help?" Tobli looks surprised, though one can't tell much when his eyes are hidden from view. 

"Of course!" Jimin grins, running as Tobli shuffles his way (shockingly quickly) towards the river.

"He doesn't get dragged into trouble," Seokjin mutters, slapping his forehead as he sees Jimin running off, followed closely by Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook. 

"Yeah, he dives head first into them," Namjoon grins as he watches the four of them running ahead, the other three walking behind.

*************************************************

"Ah, here are the tickets! Gogogogo! Go and sell them off!" Tobli shoves the tickets into Jimin's hands. Ten tickets in total. Only ten? 

"Yup-yup! Sell! Sell! Sell!" Tobli grins, pushing Jimin towards the bank of the Moonflow.

The Moonflow is a pretty place. There are dozens of lotuses in the water, and fog is covering majority of the lake. Supposedly, the Moonflow is supposed to be even more beautiful when night falls, and Jimin is totally sticking around for that. He heard that the lotuses of the lakes will light up with the magic of the pyreflies, and it'll be sort of a natural light show. 

Jimin shakes his head, deciding to get back to the task at hand. 

"You guys rest awhile. I'll go sell these tickets first!" Jimin waves at Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok as he runs off, approaching random strangers. Jungkook and the rest of the Guardians (including the three who have caught up) walk over to a rest stop near the Moonflow banks, Hoseok tumbling onto a comfy couch and seemingly asleep in seconds. 

Namjoon watches Jimin as the young Summoner runs around, shoving tickets into other people's hands and giving them that adorable and y eye-smile. It isn't before long that Jimin manages to, as Namjoon would like to put it, get rid of nine of ten tickets. As Jimin comes bounding back, breathless, he realizes that Jimin still has one ticket left in his possession. 

"I saved this ticket for all of us," Jimin grins. "Come on, let's go." 

"We gotta get going anyway," Seokjin says. "Just sell it off." 

"You don't get the hint, do you?" Jimin pouts. "Come on, Kookie, Tae, Hobi! Let's leave these boring people alone." 

Namjoon laughs, and the rest of the Guardians grin. Hoseok opens his eyes and looks around, still looking a little sleepy, his Guado ears twitching. "Did I miss something?" 

"Nothing," Yoongi mutters. 

"Yeah, enjoy yourselves!" Seokjin waves, as Jimin takes a few steps away with Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok.

"No fun!" Jimin cries, before grinning at his closer friends and running towards where Tobli's show is located. You can't miss it: it's a big, glittery stage with three weird animals playing music and Hypellos (blue things that look humanoid. Hoseok finds them creepy and Yoongi just finds them queer) surrounding the stage. Already, a whole crowd of people have gathered and are waiting for the show to start.

All of a sudden, a shower of fireworks burst into the sky, and Jimin realizes it's probably going to be the best show he's ever seen.

*************************************************************

And it kind of is. There is music, yes, and a lot of fireworks and dancing. Everyone was laughing and cheering as they watch the flowers of sparks scatter across the evening sky, into the river of the Moonflow. The show ends all too soon, and Tobli thanks everybody for coming. Jimin watches as the people disperse. Jimin, with his three laughing friends, head back to find his Guardians.

He finds Yoongi fast asleep on the couch. Namjoon's reading his book on war and Seokjin is just resting his eyes. Jimin can tell--because Seokjin looks up the moment Jimin and company arrives.

"How was it?" Namjoon asks, closing his book shut with a dramatic expression. 

"Great! Wish you'd been there!" Jimin gives them a teasing grin. "C'mon. If we hurry, we can catch the next Shoopuf ride and reach Guadosalam!"

"Wake up that sleepyhead, then," Seokjin gestures to Yoongi, his arm thrown over his eye and his blitzball on his chest, his plate thick enough for the blitzball not to stab into his stomach.

"I've always wanted to do that," Jungkook grins, stepping over to Yoongi. He positions himself on Yoongi's left side, and Taehyung takes the elder's right side.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" the two scream at the same time. Yoongi screeches as he jerks awake. eyes wide and panting heavily for a moment before he realizes it's the doing of the two troublemakers. There's a fleeting moment of silence before the rest of the group burst out into laughter.

"Lil' sh*ts..." Yoongi curses under his breath.

"Come on, we needa catch the next Shoopuf ride!" Jimin bounds down the steps from the rest stop, and runs towards the Hypello in charge of the Shoopuf rides across the Moonflow.

Everyone is following closely behind, except Hoseok, who looks a little lost, glancing to the left and to the right, as if paranoid.

*************************************************************

"Yup, 'e can fit ze zeven of yew," the Hypello nods, gesturing for them to head to the lift that will take them up to the Shoopuf's back. The Shoopuf looks like a giant, blue elephant, and its trunk is curled up. Jimin grins excitedly as he climbs aboard the Shoopuf's leather seats, settling himself down, before he's joined by the rest of his Guardians. 

As soon as the Shoopuf is splashing through the water, Jimin finds himself staring out of the little box that is their seats, and he watches the pyreflies dance in the waters below them, bringing light shades, hues and tints of purple, blue, yellow and green. The Moonflow is said to be a place where pyreflies gather, though the reason why...nobody knows. Not even the oldest tome still in pristine condition in the Bevelle Archives said anything to do with the Moonflow, other than the fact that the Moonflow is a possible gateway to the Farplane.

Jimin looks back at his Guardians. Jungkook and Taehyung are pointing to the things they see in the Moonflow and talking excitedly. Yoongi is asleep again, and Jimin wishes his can just take a picture of the elder's head dangling outside of the box, mouth open, but he only bought one sphere from that shop in Luca, and it sure as h*ll won't be open for business anytime soon, and besides, Jimin has a special purpose planned for that sphere. Namjoon is reading his book again and Seokjin is resting, arms folded and head bowed. 

Only Hoseok looks distraught and anxious, fidding with the material of his shirt and looking down at his hands, running his fingers through his hair once in a while as he looks out to the Moonflow.

Jimin scoots a little closer to the fidgeting Guado, before asking, "What's wrong?" 

Hoseok jumps a little, before he clutches his chest, looking at Jimin, "Don't scare me like that!" 

"Sorry," Jimin smiles. "Hey, you look a little out of it." 

"It's just...a really tiring day, I guess," Hoseok says. It comes out more like a sigh. 

"You don't look that way. Tired people don't fidget so much." 

"I just..." Hoseok looks at the others. Jungkook and Taehyung are still as noisy as ever, Seokjin looks like he' asleep, and Namjoon is completely absorbed in his book. "I...don't want to go to Guadosalam."

"Wh--Oh..." A look of realization dawns on Jimin's face. "I see. Were you exiled?" 

"Yeah," Hoseok nods.

"What did you do to get you exiled? Stole from someone? Self-defense mistaken for assault?" Jimin chuckles a little, trying to make the tone lighter.

Hoseok's face turns dark. "It's not something you'd understand." 

******************************************************************

When the Shoopuf ride ends, Jimin is a little sad to get off. He quite enjoyed the Shoopuf ride too. He waves goodbye to the big, bumbling creature as other people ride the lift to climb aboard the hefty Shoopuf's back to get to the other side of the Moonflow. Jimin can see Guadosalam's green hue from a mile away. Either that or it's the trees.

"There!" Taehyung yells, pointing at the green town in front of them. 

"Night's falling. We need to get a room for the night," Seokjin says. "I'll go on ahead. You guys just take in the sights..." 

"Look!" 

Everyone looks towards wherever Jungkook is pointing at. The pyreflies of the Moonflow are suddenly flying upwards, high into the sky, before disappearing like tiny stars into the blackness of the sky. It was magical, as Jimin sees the pyreflies bouncing off the banks of the Moonflow and leaping towards Jimin.

For a moment, Jimin sees stars.

*****************************************************************

He arrives an at ancient city--one filled machina and people, with skyscrapers towering over him. Jimin's mouth is opened in an "O" as he looks around him. The whole city is built on stilts and bridges, spanning across the whole Moonflow. He watches as the cooling water laps at his feet, the light breeze tousling his hair. The only thing is...

The people can't see him or hear him. Jimin tries calling out to some people, but they don't respond. They are either walking past him or through him, as if Jimin doesn't exist in this world. Jimin turns around, and sees a small boy staring straight at him, the boy's hood pulled up so that it's covering his hair and eyes. The boy motions for Jimin to follow him, and the latter does, winding his way through the cities' many bridges and woodwork panels floating atop the water, relying on the pyreflies' magic to keep them afloat even though people step on them.

Jimin finally makes it past the throngs of people crowding around some buildings: it must be a shopping district of some kind, like that one in Luca. A shiver runs up his spine every time someone walks through him. He reaches the place where he saw the little boy disappear off to, away from the people, in a quiet, desolate part of the city.

"Over here," Jimin hears a voice. He sees the little boy beckoning him over to a tiny alley.

"What do you mean?" Jimin asks, voice wary. He doesn't trust this little boy who looks way younger than him.

"Come here," the boy says simply.

Normally, Jimin likes simplicity.But not now. He'd rather the boy tell him exactly what he's doing here although a few moments ago he was just at the Moonflow. Then again, Jimin can't really disobey this boy...it's as if he's not in control of his body. He moves towards the boy, until he's standing right in front of the kid. The boy nods, and smiles.

"Park Jimin," the boy says. "This is the city built above the Moonflow a long, long time ago. It was a story passed down in Yevon's teachings, that if one held too much power and used it in the wrong way, they would be punished. But was this how it really went down? Did the city really sink into Moonflow because of the heavy weight of the city?" 

"Huh? What do you mean? Of course it did..." 

"Think about it. Pyreflies support the bridges, don't they? Why would the city fall then?" the boy asks. "How about...I show you the reason?" 

Suddenly, from the water, a large serpent bursts up from the water, splashing the liquid everywhere. Jimin jumps and turns to face the big creature, the humongous snake hissing at the boy.

"They have disturbed the rest of the Zolom," says the boy. "In the past, this placed used to be called the Midgar swamp, inhabited by the Zolom. Now, when humans have built civillization over its home and created a bustling metropolis, it's going to get mad."

There is screaming everywhere as the serpent slams its body into the city, jerking Jimin from the wooden boards. He yells as he's flung into the water, like many other people. He holds his breath, squeezing his eyes shut when he hits the water and sinks a considerable degree. Jimin sees many dead and crushed bodies floating into the water, making his heart lurch and Jimin swears he's going to throw up his lunch...or dinner.

Jimin kicks his way to the top, gasping for air when he reaches the surface of the water. He wipes his face with his hand and opens his eyes, seeing the monstrosity slamming building after building, sending chunks and chunks of concrete and machina into the water, sinking all the way to the bottom.

There's a large flash of light, and Jimin sees a ball of electricity hit the Midgar Zolom. He looks towards the source and sees a familiar face standing on the shore. It's a little misty, but Jimin can make out his more prominent features: namely, the green hair and the pointed ears. The mist clears and Jimin can recognize him. He looks way younger, but it's clearly Hoseok.

He's readying another ball of electricity in his hands, and releases it as the Zolom screeches at him, lunging for him. Hoseok's electric ball hits the Zolom square in the snout, and the thing lurches backwards, nearly falling onto Jimin--it would have had Jimin not swam out of the way.

"Hobi!" Jimin yells, now flailing in the water. Treading water is taking a lot out of him.

Hoseok doesn't seem to hear him. In fact, his Thundaga spells are getting lesser and lesser, and Jimin can see him getting more tired as his mana is being depleted bit by bit.

"Hoseok!" Jimin calls again, now doing freestyle towards the older Guado.

Hoseok, seemingly hearing Jimin, turns towards the younger's voice. But Jimin realizes Hoseok hasn't seen him at all. It's the shape of the Midgar Zolom's tail from under him. The tail hits Jimin in the stomach and flings him out of the water. Hoseok releases another Thundaga spell, sending the tail back into the water. Jimin sees Hoseok wavering as he starts using Thundara spells--less powerful electric spells. 

All of a sudden, Hoseok falls backwards, and the Thundara spell hits the final building the Midgar Zolom has yet to demolish. The building sinks into the water, and the serpent disappears. 

Jimin blinks just as he hits the ground.

******************************************************

"For Yevon's sake! Don't blank out on us like that!" Jimin wakes up to Jungkook's worried face as the youngest hugs him. Jimin rubs his eyes, and looks up at his Guardians. All but Hoseok are there.

Just what had happened so long ago? Why was Hoseok there? Wasn't that supposed to take place a few hundred years ago? He needs to find the Guado. He needs answers.

"I'm fine," Jimin chuckles. "A little overwhelmed I guess. Let's go see if there're any more rooms for us." 

"Hobi went on ahead," Taehyung says. "You should rest up a little more. You still look a little pale." 

"He went on ahead?" Jimin's eyes widen. "Sh*t!" 

"What is it?" Yoongi asks. "What's wrong?" 

"We have to run," Jimin's expression turns serious. "It's a race against time."  

********************************************************
Shoopuf: latest?cb=20080117202500

Hypello: 1360979-hypello.png

Midgar Zolom: latest?cb=20100514012637