Chapter Six

The Hopeless Romantic

Excuse me, but this chapter consists some cursing words.


Chapter 6

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

I could not move my eyes away from the three strange-looking men. They were tall enough, they were masculine and they had messy hair along with long scars on their faces, bodies and hands.

I was at the park’s bench. I don’t why but I kind of feeling super stupid that thinking Daehyun will come here today but no, he didn’t appear. Just behind the park’s bench it was an area where it was full of trees and bushes.

 

 

My sixth sense told me that something was wrong as I realized the three men were staring at me. My eyes scanned the area and it was quiet, just two to three people were at the park because it’s 7 in the evening already.

I frantically stood up from my seat and went away as far as I can from them. Suddenly, I felt a crushing blow to my back. I yelled but it was not too loud! I crumpled to the floor and everything went black.

--

My throat dry, my vision was blurry, had I got myself into a mess? A loud distance voices echoed throughout the cold, hard floor, ricocheting into my ears.

Someone is coming.

“Well, well. Guess who do we have here?”

A murmured of a confident voice. “Who are you?” I cried. “Why did you bring me here, I don’t even know you!” I shouted. His arm swung swiftly, like steel, it impacted on my face with a loud thud.

 It’s hurt like hell.

Tears coming out from my eyes as he grabbed my neck and my feet dangled in the air. I can’t feel the ground. What the hell?!

“Let me go!” I managed to shout. I was gasping for air but he just chuckled and smiled at me. “You’re Jung Daehyun’s girlfriend, aren’t you?” I was surprised. Me? Jung Daehyun’s girlfriend?

He then let me go, I fell on the cold hard ground, gasping for a lot of air. He then took out his phone and probably calling someone. The other line was ringing, he put the phone call on speaker.

“What do you want?”

That voice, it was familiar. I tried to recall who’s voice does it belong to. I can’t find the perfect match in my mind.

“Jung Daehyun, is that how you talk to your cousin?”

H-He’s Daehyun’s cousin?

“I’m busy, I don’t have time to talk with you. Bullsh**.”

“Really? Are you busy looking out where you beloved one was?”

He yanked my hair really hard which made me groaned and yelled very loud in pain. I cursed inside. It was really hurt, but not hurt as how my head started to spin like crazy few days ago.

“KWON HAEUN!!”

I didn’t hear once voice from the other line but it was like more than two people? The tears were still coming out from my eyes. Jung Daehyun, please save me. I begged and closed my eyes.

“You have 10 minutes to save her or else, bye-bye to her.”

Daehyun’s cousin hung the phone and let my hair go. I’ll go bald if he kept on continuing to grab my hair like that. He then signaled two masculine people in front of me and said, “Bring her to the room.”

--

Daehyun’s P.O.V

My phone was ringing at this time. I looked at the ID and it was no other than the bastard and jerk cousin of mine. He was a mafia gangster. He caused so much trouble for the family. He was willing to do anything until he gets what he wants.

“What do you want?” I said as soon as I picked his call. Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae, Jongup and Junhong surrounded me.

“Jung Daehyun, is that how you greet your cousin?”

Cousin my , I would never admit him as my cousin. Can’t he see that I’m busy right now? Busy finding where Haeun might be.

“I’m busy, I don’t have time to talk with you. Bullsh**.”

He chuckled on the other line.

“Really? Are you busy looking out where you beloved one was?”

Then, I heard a female familiar voice shouting on the other line. It was a painful groaned. Haeun!

“Kwon Haeun!”

The six of us shouted in unison and widened our eyes.

“You have 10 minutes to save her or else, bye-bye to her.”

He hung up. BASTARD. I looked at my friends and they nodded. We ran as fast as we could to their usual hiding place. This is not good. He had Haeun in his arm now.

I couldn’t think of anything else besides...

Kwon Haeun.

--

Us, the six men finally arrived at the mafia gangster’s usual hiding place. We went into the building without hesitating how dangerous it was.

Yongguk and Youngjae managed to fight some of the people, while Himchan, Jongup, Junhong and I went to find where Haeun was.

“JUNG MINGYU! LET GO OF KWON HAEUN! SHE’S INNOCENT!!” Himchan shouted and aimed his gun to any direction. I looked anywhere but can’t find anything until a sharp loud screamed went into my ears. I looked at one of the door and assumed that Haeun was inside.

“She must be inside, hyung.” I looked at Jongup and nodded. We slowly made our way to the door and Junhong kicked it. Terrified, widening my eyes, Haeun was on a chair being tied with a rope. Her eyes were red as blood.

My cousin was nowhere to be found. I ran to Haeun and took off the cloth from and asked, “Are you okay?!” She just nodded and took a deep breathe, “We need to go out now! We have less than 45 seconds before the bomb explode!”

I was surprised. Is he insane?!

The other helped Haeun released the rope as fast as they can. I carried Haeun on my back and went out from the abounded small warehouse. The boys went ahead of me and Haeun.

“Run! Keep on running people!”

We managed to run far from where abounded small warehouse. Everyone tumbled on their place and groaned in pain as their knees were skidding with the cement ground.

BOOOMM!!

I turned my head to the small warehouse. It was on fire. I was glad that everyone managed to get out from the warehouse safely even though some of us were injured.

I turned my head to Haeun and saw that she was clutching onto her head. I looked at her whom was biting her lips, enough for it to bleed. “Haeun-ah, are you okay?” I put my hand on her shoulder.

Yongguk looked at me with worried looks. “Haeun-ssi, what’s wrong?” Himchan asked again. Youngjae’s eyes were fixed on Haeun, while Jongup and Junhong looked at each other.

I can see clearly that blood was coming from her lips and worst that she was crying too. She didn’t let go of her hand that clutched on her head. I was worried. I want to stop her but it seems like she didn’t hear anyone. Before any of us could say anything again, she fainted.

She fainted in my arms.

      “Haeun!!”