Chapter Five

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 5

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

Did you know what the feeling of being discharged from the hospital was? Freedom, F-R-E-E-D-O-M. Well, freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better. Sigh. Some said that freedom is the oxygen of the soul.

One thing left me wandered, Daehyun leave me all of sudden when I told him that the same boy kept on appearing and his name was Jung Daehyun. I just want to know why the reason was.

“Eomma, Appa… Is it okay for me to go out for a while later?”

I really hope that my mother and my father would let me go. I want to meet Daehyun. I want to ask him something.

“No, you can’t honey. You’re still not in a good condition. Please just rest.” My mother said to me and looked at me with sad looks. I pouted and told her, “I want to meet Jung Daehyun. I want to ask him something important about my... past.”

Eomma and Abeoji looks surprised.

“You remember?”

I sighed and looked down, “It was still blurry. But I remember some. Please eomma, appa. Just this time, please?”

Eomma and Abeoji looked each other and gave in. They just nodded and told me to take a rest for a moment before I can go out later.

Jung Daehyun-ssi, are you the Jung Daehyun that kept on appearing on my memories flashback? Sometimes everyone needs to forget about how they feel and remember what they deserve. Sigh.

Why do I have to live like this?

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

“Hyung, are you okay? You’ve been spacing out a lot.”

      I snapped out of it and looked at Junhong. Right, I forgot that they existed. I sighed this time and rubbed my temple. “What’s wrong? You look like you’re on debt.”

I shot a glare at Youngjae. “Please, I’m not a person like that.” I snorted out and bit my lips.

They looked at me, waiting for me to explain what was the reason. “Kwon Haeun,” I said the name but it was hard for me to even say it. I feel like the world is eating me up.

“Yes? What’s wrong with her?”

“Are you in love with another Kwon Haeun?”

I shook my head and heaved a big sighed this time, “She said that she kept on having the memories flashback, and the same boy kept appearing too. Haeun confessed that the boy’s name was...”

“Who?” Yongguk hyung asked me. Himchan looked at me with his furious look while Youngjae, Jongup and Junhong were waiting for the answer.

“His name was Jung Daehyun.”

..

...

....

 “No way!”

“You mean you tried to find her all these year all around Seoul but— Aish!”

Meet my dramatic friends, everyone. They were more surprised than I am. To tell you a story, the six of us were close friends with Haeun. They helped me to find her all these years, and no wonder we can’t find her.

She was in the States.

      She even forgot everything, the memories she had.

            She forgot all of her friends.

Which means...

                  She forgot our promises.

Just then, my phone rang and vibrates. I excused myself from my friends and went out from the living room. I looked at the ID; ‘Mr Kwon’

I got Haeun’s father number the time when Haeun was admitted into the hospital and he was the one who called me that Haeun was awake and gain her consciousness.

But something is not right here. Why would he call me when it was 11 in the evening?

“Hello?”

“Jung Daehyun-ssi, is Haeun with you right now? She hasn’t come back home yet. We were sick worried.”

I cursed. She wants to meet with me? But I didn’t even see or meet her today.

“Daehyun-ssi, are you there?”

“I will call you back later, Ajeossi.”

I hung up the phone right after that. I walked to my bedroom and grabbed my jacket. Where the hell are you Kwon Haeun? I ran back down stair and rushed to the front door leaving my friends dumbfounded.

“Jung Daehyun! Where are you going?”

 

“To find Kwon Haeun.”

 

"We're coming with you."

--