Chapter Ten

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 10

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

Bored of being bored because being bored is boring. Yeap, which explains what am I up to now. All I can do was staring at the white ceiling in my bedroom.

Should I text Daehyun?

You got one message!

That’s what it read on my phone screen. I slide the phone screen to the right and unfamiliar number texted me;

From: 010-280693

Hey, it’s Daehyun. Save my number!

I chuckled and save right away his number smiling. But one thing I was curious about, how did he know my phone number?

From: Kwon Haeun

Where did you get my phone number?

 

From: Jung Daehyun

I asked your number from your father. Don’t worry I won’t let any boys have it.

From: Kwon Haeun

Even Guk Oppa, Channie Oppa, Youngjae, Jongup and Junhong?

From: Jung Daehyun

Read back what I said before, Miss.

 

From: Kwon Haeun

They’re my friends, Jung Daehyun. Are you jealous?

I can’t help it but to smile at our text conversation. Daehyun made me laughed. Within seconds, Daehyun texted again.

 

From: Jung Daehyun

What are you smiling at? Is it too funny?

What the— Did he put a CCTV inside my room? I looked around at my room but a shocking appearance made me jumped. Daehyun was leaning on the balcony fence, smiling at me.

From: Jung Daehyun

Are you still not opening the door yet? I’m freezing!

I smirked and type my replied to him, being playful as ever.

From: Kwon Haeun

Okay, I’m on my way in 10 minutes.

I looked at Daehyun and he groaned. He was shivering outside on the balcony. Daehyun looked at me with ‘are you freaking serious?’ looks. I can’t stop myself from laughing.

“Kwon Haeun! Open up the door before I broke this door down!”

Geez, Daehyun and his warning. I made my way to the balcony’s door and opened it. The windy breeze went inside my room and I was shivering too. Daehyun entered my room as fast as he can and jumped up and down.

“If you make me stand outside again for another 5 minute, you’ll see an ice figure of me standing there.” Daehyun said. I chuckled and passed him the blankets.

“I’ll go down-stair to make you a hot tea.”

I offered him but he insisted. “I’ll be okay, as long as you’re here.” There goes Jung Daehyun and his cheesy pickup lines. Well, since he insisted me to give him a hot tea so what is he doing here?

“They should be here like right now,” Daehyun said but not trying to make eye contacts with me and he looks at the balcony again. They? I questioned myself again.

I shifted my eyes to the balcony and surprised another five figures were there slowly going and trying to make them reaching the floor. What the heck?

I ran to the door and opened it so that they can enter. Daehyun shot me a glared and sarcastically said, “Wow you’re like a lightning, I thought you were a turtle seconds ago.”

I rolled my eyes and let everyone came inside my room. Thank God that my room was spacious enough to fit seven people inside the square kind of box.

“What are you guys doing here?”

I asked them.

No one said any words until then, “Alright if nothing’s going on. I think you people should just go back to your own home like right now.”

“It was Daehyun’s idea!”

“Daehyun hyung want us to be here.”

I turned my head and looked at Daehyun. “So Mr Jung Daehyun, what’s your purpose?”

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

“So Mr Jung Daehyun, what’s your purpose?” Haeun asked me with her curiosity voices. I chuckled and shook my head, “I’m not sure.” I earned lots of stares and glares from everyone inside the room.

Did Haeun forget that today was her birthday?

I took out my phone and scroll down on the contact list to find Haeun’s father’s number. Just then, I saw his number and texted him immediately;

From: Jung Daehyun

Ajeossi, we’re ready.

I touched the ‘send’ button and smiled. “What are you smiling at, Daehyunnie?” Himchan smirked at me. I looked at Haeun and she raised her eyebrows, “Daehyunnie?”

“That’s Himchan hyung magic word for Daehyun.”

Youngjae answered it for me and Haeun only nodded. I looked at Haeun and asked her, “Do you have anything that you really want to do in your whole life?”

“Um,” She thought of something else before answering me again. “A vacation with my friends.”

Good idea.

Just then, her room’s door was open ajar. I saw a little glimpse of Mr Kwon and Mrs Kwon holding a cake on their hand. I stood up while the other boys too. This was part of our plan.

Haeun looked very confused and looked at us, “Why are you guys standing?”


생일축하합니다
생일축하합니
사랑하는 우리은씨
생일축하합니다

 

She’s silly. How can she ever forget that today was her birthday? I looked at Haeun and she was teary. She was speechless.

“T-thank you so much,” Haeun thanked us, she can’t say any longer speech anymore. She burst into tears. Her mother hugged her and kissed her on the cheeks. Her father passed Yongguk hyung the cake and joined the group hug.

“Happy birthday, Haeun-ah.”

“Who plan this birthday surprise?” Haeun asked her parents. I looked at everyone and they had their fingers pointing at me. “Well, Eomma just wanted to prepare special dinner for your birthday but Daehyun said it will be more fun if we held a birthday surprise for you.”

Haeun hugged each of us, she hugged us in line. She hugged Yongguk hyung first then Himchan hyung following Jongup and next was Youngjae then Zelo and lastly me.

Haeun hugged me tightly and whispered, “Thank you so much, Daehyun oppa.” It was nice to hear her calling me oppa. I don’t want to let her go. It was good to have her in my embrace. I don’t want to lose her anymore again.

 

I love you, Haeun-ah.”

--