Chapter Sixteen

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 16

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

I can’t help it but to cry so hard in front of Mingyu. He hugged me and patted me assuring me that it will be alright.

“HOW DARE YOU?!”

I heard a familiar voice shouting, before I could see who it was, I was taken aback by a strong grip on my shoulder and Mingyu was punched hardly on the ground.

Daehyun punched Mingyu hardly on the ground, bruises can be seen on the corner of Mingyu’s lips. I shove Yongguk’s hand and went in between of Daehyun and Mingyu.

“Daehyun! STOP IT!”

Daehyun stopped and looked at me, “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” I glared at him with my very cold eyes. Not that he can see his reflect in my eyes.

“Don’t ask me, I didn’t know you.” That’s how I answered him. I helped Mingyu to stand up and asked him, “Are you okay?” Mingyu just nodded.

“H-Haeun-ah,” I heard Daehyun called my name. I don’t want to talk with him and so did the boys. “Kwon Haeun, we’re talking with you.” Himchan’s voice was cold and strong enough, if I was a weak girl I’m sure that I’ll go teary by his voice.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, “Yes?” I answered him with my intimidate behavior. I already said that I won’t be the Kwon Haeun that you used to know. USED.

“What the hell are you doing? Stop your acts!” Youngjae shouted in my face. I smirked and asked, “Act? Boohoo. The six of you were the one who pretended to be good to me!”

“W-what do you mean?”

Daehyun asked stuttering. Caught you off guard, Mister.

“I’d rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down. Got it?” I said, and walked away leaving them with Mingyu who was in pain.

--

The next morning,

I told my parents that I don’t want to meet anyone else even the guy named Jung Daehyun and his friends. I was in my room, I locked myself in my room. I don’t want to go anywhere else besides my bed.

“Kwon Haeun, open up your door!”

What? I thought I already told my parents that I don’t want to meet anyone else. But how can this person be in my house?

“Go away. I don’t know you.”

“Kwon Haeun, please we need to talk. I want to know why the reason you acted like this!”

JERK-. I went to my door and opened harshly, I crossed my arms and looked at Daehyun. “Are you okay?” He asked nicely and his voice was still soft. “Do I look like I’m okay?”

I went down stair and led him to the kitchen. “Will you follow what I told you to do?” I asked Daehyun. “Of course, I will do anything just for you.”

“Grab a plate and throw it.”

“W-what?”

“GRAB IT!”

Daehyun grabbed it and threw it on the ground. “Did it break?” I knew that he might think that I’m stupid enough to ask him such questions. “Yes, of course.”

“Now say sorry to it,” I said. “Sorry,” Daehyun apologized. “Did it go back to the way it was before?”

“No.”

“That’s what my heart looks like right now, Jung Daehyun. Hope you understand. Now go. I don’t want to see your face.”

I walked away from him and went out from the kitchen. But he grabbed my wrist and said, “What’s wrong? Please tell me. I want to know your reason!”

“It’s so clear, Jung Daehyun! Until now, you won’t and never will tell me that you’re getting married with Chae Soobin within next week!” I shouted to him. He looked speechless. “I don’t think I need your explaination, Jung Daehyun. I knew the exact of your excuses. I’m sorry, I want to tell you sooner but I can’t. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to break your heart. You want to say that right?”

--

Daehyun’s P.O.V

“I don’t think I need your explaination, Jung Daehyun. I knew the exact of your excuses. I’m sorry, I want to tell you sooner but I can’t. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to break your heart. You want to say that right?”

She eventually found out. But how? “How did you know all of these things?” I was surprised that she found out. “I was there that night, was the explaination enough for you to understand?”

S-she was there?

“I swear that I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I really want to be with you all the time. I truly love you, Kwon Haeun. I really did!”

I cried in front of the girl I loved but she shows no emotions.

“If one day you notice that we haven’t talked in a while, it’s not because I don’t care anymore, it’s because you pushed me away. You left me without a reason so don’t come back with an excuse, Jung Daehyun.”

Her words, it stung so hard. Her words cut deeper than a knife. It gave so much impact in myself that I didn’t even dare to say or utter any words. “You hurt me more than what I deserve because I loved you more than what you deserve,” Haeun said. She said full of emotions, it was cold enough but her tears won’t stop going down from her eyes.

“Remember what you promised me, Jung Daehyun?”

Yes I remember every single detail of our promises. I want to tell her that but no, my mouth didn’t even open a bit. It feels like that my mouth was being glued by the superglue.

“Your promises meant nothing,” She smiled. A smiled with pains hidden behind it. It was hurt to see her smile, I knew that she was hurt.

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

“I don’t want to talk with you anymore, Jung Daehyun. I’m tired of your lies. I’m tired of your empty promises. I’m tired of everything. Just please go,” I sighed. I don’t want to talk with him anymore.

I looked at his finger and he still wears the engagement rings. I looked at my finger and pulled the ring out, “Take this away with you. This means nothing to me. Not even you.”

I gave him the ring on his palm. I went out from the kitchen and saw my parents looking at me worriedly. “Tell him to get lost. I don’t want to see him.”

--

I don’t know why but I dressed myself like how I dressed during the masquerade ball party. Exactly the looks I look like that night. I took my phone from the bed and text seven contacts;

Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae, Moon Jongup, Choi Junhong and Jung Mingyu.

Meet me at the park.

 

I was waiting for them at the park. I want to know what their reaction was. Daehyun said something that hurt me that night.

“Kim Eunha? What are you doing here?”

I turned around, I saw my friends there standing confused. I looked at Mingyu and he was just standing there, silently. “What are you doing here?” Daehyun asked.

I smiled painfully. I slowly opened and pulled the masked away from my face. They gasped, surprised at the sudden revelation. “K-Kwon Haeun?”

“Annyeong.”

--

Narrator’s P.O.V

Flashback

THE MASQUERADE BALL PARTY

Haeun and Mingyu approached Daehyun and his soon to be bride, to congratulate them. Haeun looked at Daehyun and smiled, “She’s pretty. Congratulation on your marriage, Jung Daehyun.”

“Of course she is, thank you.” Daehyun replied and bowed. Mingyu then brought the topic about Haeun in front of Daehyun, Haeun (Eunha) and Soobin. “What about Haeun, hyung? Don’t you think that she will be hurt?”

“Haeun? She’s just a friend. So I don’t think she’ll be hurt.”

Haeun was surprised at Daehyun’s answered. She was taken aback. How did he dare to lie about Haeun in front of everyone?

End of flashback

“You said I was just a friend, Daehyun. I’m surprised.” Haeun said and smirked at Daehyun. “So after all, you just treat me like I’m one of your normal friends and never was your love??”

“T-that’s not what I wanted to say, I didn’t mean to—“

“Ahh. Stop it, Jung Daehyun. I told you I’m tired to listen to your excuses and your reasons.” She said, Mingyu just bit his lips and looked at the boys.

“You were the one who brings her there? What do you want?!” Daehyun started to punch Mingyu again but Mingyu didn’t even fight back. “I thanked him for bringing me there or I might still not know that you will get married within a week. So stop punching him. He’s your cousin!!”

The boys stand in line and had their head down looking at the ground. They knew that it was also their fault for hiding it away from Haeun.

“As much as I hate the person you’ve become, I still love you with all of my heart. I still want to hold you at night, I still want to fall asleep with you, I still want to kiss your soft lips whenever I feel like it, I still want to hold your hand. I still want you to come back to me as the person I love. Because I really do. I love you more than I’ve loved anything or anyone. You have me broken, my spirit, my soul, my heart and every ounce of by being— and I still love you. As much as I wanted you to be a part of my future, you have become my past, Jung Daehyun. And it’s time that I left you there. I just really can’t anymore.”

Haeun said as tears were streaming down to her cheeks and she slowly took steps back to the main road where cars were passing by.

“I rather suffered amnesia and die.”

Daehyun had his eyes widened.

“Noona! Don’t!”

“Kwon Haeun, please no! We’re sorry!”

“Haeun!!”

BAAMM

In one blink of everyone’s eyes, Haeun was lying on the road with bloods stained on her masquerade’s dress, and the car’s windows. The impact that the car had drove to her was quiet hard.

Daehyun’s P.O.V

Haeun had her tears running down to her cheeks. It was unbearable to see her crying like there’s no tomorrow. Her words, it was something else that I probably can’t forget it and can’t even forgive myself. It might haunt me every night.

“I rather suffered amnesia and die.”

I had my eyes widened as I knew what her next step was. No please no. I really want to beg her but I can’t. I’m ashamed of myself.

“Noona! Don’t!”

“Kwon Haeun, please no! We’re sorry!”

“Haeun!!”

 

BAAMM

 

That was the sound that I hate the most. I really don’t want to hear it. Haeun was lying on the road with bloods stained all around her body. Everyone was already running to her direction.

I dragged my feet to the bloody body of my love life. I cupped her face and kept on shaking my head, “No, no. Please don’t. Don’t leave me.”

She smiled at me and slowly closed her eyes.

 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

That was her last whispered before she was gone forever in my life.

 

Now I know, this is a real Hopeless Romantic of my life.

--


The Hopeless Romantic finally completed! I know that it might sounds boring and even cliche. But I tried my best! Thank you for reading it, please do subscribe and leave a comment!

To sapphire11: I really do appreciate your comments on every chapters of The Hopeless Romantic. Thank you so much for dropping by! I hope that you will have a great time reading both my stories, Chasing You and The Hopeless Romantic. <3

To Catherin: I loved it that you enjoy reading my story! Hehehe it was good to see you giving me a good feedback, thank you so much! I appreciate it! <3

To jtwakaraniii, nazafa and NamDaeDae: Thank you for dropping your comments on my story! I really appreciate it! Anyways, this story had finished! I hope that you enjoy very well reading it! <3

And I'm sorry that it was not beyond your expectation. Every story doesn't need to have a happy ending right? Well then, here you go!