Chapter Four

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 4

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

I slowly tried to open my eyes even though it was heavy. Everything was perfect and clear but still it was a bit blurry. I looked around and saw my parents looking at me very worried.

I flashed them a sweet smiled and want to utter something but they shushed me. “How are you doing, honey?” Eomma asked me full with concern. I just nodded and smiled again.

“You fainted because of the unbearable dizziness, what exactly happen?” Abeoji asked again this time. I sighed and answered him, “The flashback memories kept on appearing but this time it was mixed. You know that feeling when the data properties were more than 4GB but it was pressured on a 1GB pen-drive?”

My parents laughed. It was good to see them laugh after that worried looks plastered on their faces.

“And, you didn’t tell me that you already make a friend here.”

A friend? Who?

My face was plastered with questioning looks and I only raised my eyebrows at them, “I didn’t remember of—““I don’t clearly remember his name but I think it’s Jung Dahyung?”

Daehyun? He’s here?

“It’s Jung Daehyun, eomma.” I corrected her and smiled. Eomma nodded and agreed, “Yes that’s his name!” I looked back at Abeoji and asked, “But how did he know that I fainted?”

“We were surprised too at first but he said that he was worried when he saw an ambulance going around the neighborhood at 3 in the morning. He came here with his other five friends anyways,” Abeoji explained.

He was worried?

I just nodded, taking a deep breath and heaved a big sighed. “Did you remember anything yet?” I shook my head in returned of answering the question. Sadly, I still can’t remember anything. It was still blurry.

--

I was worried that I still can’t remember anything from my memories, and I’m still concern what and who was Jung Daehyun that I knew when I was still a kid. To tell you, there was a great difference in worry and concern.

My parents left me because they still had to go to works. Even though that they didn’t want to leave me but I told them that I can managed myself. I slowly closed my eyes trying to sleep but a soft knock on the door disturbed me.

Looking at the direction of the door, I asked, “Yes?”

The door was opened slowly. I was waiting calmly for the guest to enter. To my surprise it was Daehyun with a bouquet of flower in his hand. He smiled and entered the room.

“Hey,” Daehyun greeted me with his raspberry voice. I smiled at him and tried to sit on the hospital’s bed. It was difficult to sit on the bed when the IV drip needle was stuck inside your hand.

“Let me help you,” he said.

Daehyun quickly went to me and helped me to sit on the bed. “Thank you, Daehyun-ssi.” I thanked him. I owed him now. “Not a problem, here.” He passed me the bouquet of white roses.

It was beautiful.

“Thank you again,” I smiled and took the roses away from his hand. He just smiled and asked, “How you feeling?”

“I’m fine,” I answered him softly.

The atmosphere suddenly falls into the most awkward silence. No one utters any word. I kept on staring at the roses, and I can felt that Daehyun was staring at me for a quiet moment now.

“You’ll burn a hole on my face, Daehyun-ssi.”

--

Daehyun’s P.O.V

“You’ll burn a hole on my face, Daehyun-ssi.”

I snapped everything out of it. Way to embarrass yourself, Jung Daehyun. I slightly move my eyes away from her and cleared my throat, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.”

“Well, what are you doing here anyway? You know we kept on seeing each other after that door incident.”

She’s right. We kept on seeing each other after the door incident. Well, we probably don’t meet by accident, who knows that we were meant to cross our path for a reason?

“Maybe we were meant to cross each other’s path, right?”

Woah, did she read my mind?

“I-I was about to say the same thing.” I said and chuckled, “But then you said it first.” I added. Haeun just smiled and sighed, she looks worried over something. I wanted to ask her but I don’t want.

I don’t want to be a busy body one.

“Are you okay? You seem to be spacing out so much.”

She sighed again this time. Haeun looked at me and asked, “Can I ask you one question?” I’m not sure why but my heart started to beat faster than the normal one. I was sweating and I felt nervous.

“Sure, what is it?”

“Have we met each other before?”

Dub dab dub dab. “I’m sure that the time where we had the door incident was our first time to meet. I never see you anywhere before,” I answered her but my feelings? My feeling said that we have.

“Why did you ask, Haeun-ssi?”

Haeun just shook her head and confessed, “I’m confused. Remember when I said that the flashback memories kept on coming to me?”

I just nodded and wanted her to continue.

“The image of the boy kept on appearing all over and again. He looks like he plays such important roles in my life and weird is that..,” Haeun stopped saying. I looked at her and asked, “Weird is that what?”

“His name was Jung Daehyun.”

--