Chapter Fifteen

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 15

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

For the next following two days, I didn’t even bother to talk with them. Not even a word. The saddest thing about being betrayed was that it never comes from your enemies but your best friends.

If they’re going to apologize, it’s accepted but trust? No. It’s denied.

I don’t hate them, I’m just disappointed they turned into everything that I’d never expect them to be. I trust them all these years but they gave me this in return? I was hoping to hear people say, “OMG! They’re such a friendship goals!”

But nah, not gonna happen I guess.

I barely eat with them. I just answered them with shorts answers, example; Oh okay/sure/yes/no/thanks.

--

We were now boarding on the plans and have Daehyun and Himchan sandwiching me in between. I put my headphone into my ears and put the music volumes into the maximum volume so that I can’t hear anything.

But from the corner of my eyes, I saw that Daehyun was looking at me so did Himchan. I fake coughed and they went to do their own things. I sighed.

Jung Daehyun, I might not fall in love you with you but I fell in love with the person that you pretended to be. I trust you, I even love you but was this how you repay me?

Your promises, it was nothing. It was just words.

I rather have amnesia again. I really wish I don’t remember anyone of you. This is hurt.

--

Daehyun’s P.O.V

The wedding with Chae Soobin? I knew it even before Haeun re-appears back in my life. It was part of our family’s traditional marriage. Can I just let everything out from my heart?

To be honest, I did fall in love with Chae Soobin once before Haeun even appears. I gave up searching for her all these years, everything was a messed. I was trying to forget a person named Kwon Haeun.

I knew that I was at fault. I promised her everything. I told Soobin that Haeun appears back, she understands but she didn’t want to cancel off the marriage. I was surprised. She said she loves me.

Haeun was my fiancée now. I want to talk with her about these matters but she avoided me ever since our first day in Hong Kong. She might be on her period, right?

Worst was that she only talk a short amount of sentences to each of us. What happen?

The day when we’re supposed to go to the Disneyland Park, I got an urgent call from my father that they’re in Hong Kong too. Since Soobin was studying here and both sides decided to call the last-minute announcement and masquerade ball party held at night.

I can’t do anything but to stay loyal to my father who raised me. I know that putting Haeun aside from this matter was a big mistake. I want to tell her but I just can’t.

The boys knew the whole stories and I told them to shut their mouth and not to spill any of it to Haeun. I’m not sure if I even love Haeun with full of my heart because I still had the small tiny feelings for Soobin.

People said if you have two women at the same time, you need to choose the second one because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.

But it’s hard. Kwon Haeun is my childhood sweetheart. We were even engaged now.

Why is my love life so hard?

--

We finally arrived at Incheon International Airport. Haeun was still in her earphone stuck on her ears. Isn’t her ears gonna be hurt? She was waiting for her suitcase. Everyone already had their suitcases and we were waiting for her.

The moment she got her suitcase, we expected her to say, “I got my suitcases already.” But no, it’s a twist. She leaved us behind, she walked forward not even trying to take a small glance at us.

“What happen to her?”

Yongguk hyung asked. I shook my head and Junhong, “I’m not sure. The last time we talked with noona was during our Disneyland Park ride and after that she went to her friend’s house.”

“Friend?”

Haeun had no friends. “She had no friends, beside us.” I answered them. I knew Haeun very well and I knew that she had no any other friends.

“You sure that she didn’t meet anyone else?” Everyone shook their head.

--

I was wondering how I should tell Haeun. I want to meet up with her. I know hiding this thing was beyond crazy for her. I didn’t know why but I called my friends and asked them to meet me at the park. Trying to figure out how we should tell Haeun.

We went to the park and saw two familiar faces. I was surprised, shocked and angry. I hate to see that she was crying so so hard in front of the person that I really hate, and it was not me.

Kwon Haeun and Jung Mingyu.

--