Chapter Fourteen

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 14

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

You know what? It’s weird. The other time, Jung Mingyu was the aggressive, strong, stubborn, harmful and a badass person. But today, he was not the person that I describe before.

The Jung Mingyu that I met today was, he was afraid that I might be hurt. But that’s was my thought only.

‘Knock knock’

I went to the door and saw Zelo and Jongup there. “O-Oh, what are you two doing here?” I asked them stuttering. “Just checking on you. But do you know where Daehyun hyung was?”

So, Daehyun still haven’t gone back to the hotel yet.

“I’m not sure but hey, I’m going out in minutes and will be back late. I need to see a friend in Hong Kong.” I lied to them. It was a very bad lie. What happen if they found out that the friend was Jung Mingyu?

“Okay, just call us if you need help. Okay, noona?” Jongup sweetly asked and smiled. I nodded and waved at them.

I closed the door behind and leaned on the door, closing my eyes for some peaceful time.

Just then, there’s another knocked on the door which made me surprised and jumped on my place.

“It’s me, Mingyu.”

I just sighed and opened the door for him. He entered the room with a plain black large box in his hand. “What’s that?” I asked him. “The dress code for our dinner.”

Pathetic. A simple dinner even needs a dress code?

“This is not a simple dinner, just go change. I’ll be at the balcony.” I rolled my eyes and took the box away from his hand. I took the things out from the box and it was a full package of masquerade outfit and another masquerade mask.

I raised my eyebrows and questioned my-self, is this another trap? But to think this as another trap, Mingyu, himself was even dressed in masquerade outfit.

--

“I think I’m ready,” I said as I walked out from the bathroom. Mingyu went inside the hotel room and went silent for a while, “I think it’s enough for your friends not to notice you.”

My friends? Who?

Mingyu seems to notice the questioning looks that appeared on my face. “T-they didn’t tell you that they were heading to the masquerade ball too?” What?

“Y-you know everything?” I asked him. I was dumbfounded. “You’ll know everything when we reach there.”

--

We arrived at The Regal Hotel. The entrance was filled with lots of people in their masquerade masks. “I think you might gonna spare your heart tonight and bear with it,” Mingyu said before he went out from the car to open the door for me.

Spare my heart tonight and bear with it?

He opened the door for me and lots of flashes went to our way. Mingyu offered me his hand, I tucked to him and sighed. We went inside the Hall of the Regal Hotel.

I saw five familiar men. Now this really breaks my heart. What is going on?

“Oh? Mingyu-ssi! Is she your girlfriend?” A girl asked Mingyu, probably his relative. “No, she was just a friend. You know that I would never have gotten myself a girlfriend.”

“Oh, what’s her name?”

I almost answer the girl with my real name but Mingyu covered me up, “She’s Kim Eunha.” I almost laughed. Mingyu reversed my name. “Oh, Eunha-ssi, nice to meet you by the way.”

I just nodded and smiled at her. I was told not to say anything here. Well, I might gonna acted like I can’t talk at all.

Mingyu brought me inside and we walked passed my friends, the boys. “Oh never thought that we will see you here, Mingyu-ssi.” I heard Yongguk oppa said. Mingyu stopped in front of them and he just smiled, “Nice to meet you.”

He bowed. “Oh and who is she?” Himchan asked. “She’s my friend, Kim Eunha.” I need to get used by the name of Kim Eunha. They just nodded but then I realized something again, Jung Daehyun was not there with them.

 

Soon, the place was filled with lots of people, probably around 200 hundreds guests? Mingyu and I sat next to each other on a table with Mingyu’s family. They were nice actually.

Just then, the spotlight went to the door. I turned my head around and saw Daehyun walking toward the stage in his white suit. He’s handsome. Just then, a girl was walking behind and was in white dress too.

I felt something was really off here.

‘Good evening, ladies and gentleman. Thank you for spending your night time for our very special events tonight. I apologized if there’s any mistake before the event had started. We had something to announce tonight, a very special announcement...’

My heart was beating so fast. I’m not sure what happen but...

‘The wedding ceremony of Jung Daehyun and Chae Soobin!’

 

..

...

....

 

 No. I didn’t cry. But my feelings did. My heart was starting to break into pieces. A hatred feeling toward Jung Daehyun was growing up. Not only him, but I really felt betrayed by Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Yoo Youngjae, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong.

They knew everything from the start. But why the hell did they invite me to Hong Kong? Why?!

I looked at Mingyu, he was biting his lips. He somehow felt guilty, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t want you to find out later. It’s better sooner.”

He was right. What if I found out everything later? That’s gonna be more worst.

Goodbye Jung Daehyun. You won't face the Kwon Haeun you KNEW.

 

--