Chapter Three

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 3

--

Daehyun’s P.O.V

How great is it to not sleep for one whole day? Is it insomnia? But geez, insomnia is a kind of torture. Because while the world is fast asleep, you’re up all alone, your mind was buzzing with every random thought in the universe and sometimes the thoughts will reach a standstill.

But I don’t really think that this is insomnia. It was because of her, the girl named Kwon Haeun.

It’s impossible right that it was her? But to think that she had amnesia now, it’s possible that it was her. No Daehyun, she’s not your Kwon Haeun. She might be out there too searching for you.

My phone rang, I picked it up from the bed and looked at the ID caller; ‘Himchannie Hyung’

Shouldn’t hyung asleep right now?

“Yes hyung?”

“I found out that you’re still awake, what’s wrong?”

“How did you know?”

“Open your window.”

I made my way to the window, opening the curtain slowly and saw the five bunches of idiots standing on the road waving at me. What the? It’s 3 in the morning!

“What are you guys doing here?” I shouted to them as soon as I opened the window. “You want to sneak out?” Yongguk hyung shouted back at me. I rolled my eyes and I knew that I can’t say no because they’re my friends after all.

--

We were found to be hanging out together at the park sitting on the grass. I looked at everyone and their eyes were on me. Something is wrong here. “Why are you guys looking at me like that?”

Youngjae passed me two pieces of cards and asked, “Who’s she?” I took the cards away from him and widened my eyes looking at them, “W-where did you get these?”

“I’m asking you question, Jung Daehyun. Don’t ask me back.”

Yes, everyone. That’s Yoo Youngjae when he gets serious. No time for jokes. I gulped on my saliva and looked at everyone, they were waiting for my answer. I hesitated at first either to tell them or not.

She’s... Kwon Ha-Eun.”

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

This is my first time that I can’t sleep at all. No kidding, but I hate this feeling. I have my reasons why I can’t sleep. The flashback memories kept on appearing.

The same boy kept appearing all over again and it looks like he was somehow very important to me. But I can’t remember him. Not even a single bit.

Kwon Haeun, you must be crazy right now.

I walked out from my bed and went to my wardrobe. I just don’t know the reason why am I going to the wardrobe. My feet were taking myself there. A box full of dust caught my eyes.

Curious of what’s inside the box, I pulled the box out from the wardrobe and brought it to the bed.

‘My collections’

I smiled at the small me writing. It was not neat, and it was messy. I chuckled by looking at it. The things inside can maybe help me to remember some of my forgotten memories.

Slowly opening the box’s cover, I saw lots of papers, teddy bears, a necklace and pictures. One of the pictures caught my eyes. It was the same boy who appeared on my flashback memories.

‘Who was he?’

I took out the papers out from the box and started reading each letters slowly. I laughed, chuckled and smiled reading every each of them.

 

Did you remember how the first time we met? You were crying loudly under the big tree. You were jealous of how other people were playing with their friends and you realized that you have no friends. After that, you and I we became best friends.

 

“Wait a minute, this story sounds very familiar— AHH!!”

I shouted and clutched my head. I dropped the letter. My head started to spin like crazy and it stung so much. It’s hurt! I can’t bear with it. Not even a second. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. It was painful. It was more painful than it was cut by a knife.

“Eomma, Appa!!”

I suffered blackouts before falling to the ground with a loud thud. Before I can say anything else, I was slowly drifted to be unconscious.

--