Chapter Eleven

The Hopeless Romantic

Chapter 11

--

Haeun’s P.O.V

Daehyun confessed his feelings during my birthday. That was the unforgettable moment. And to be honest that was a week ago too. Talking about Daehyun, he didn’t show up now for a total of one week.

I’m worried.

He didn’t even answer my calls and text messages. Is he ignoring me now? I sighed. I kept on staring my phone, who knows that I’ll get a text messages.

You got one message!

Luck was on my side today! I hurriedly open the message but it was from an unknown number this time.

From: 010-xxxxxx

Kwon Ha-Eun, do you mind to pick up the box outside your house? Thanks!

I re-read the text again and again. Afraid that it was some kind of a trap. I sighed, well, I need to get the box right to find out what’s happening?

I slowly get myself down-stair, not wanting to rush things over. The time I arrived in front of the door, I slowly opened it and saw a brown medium-size box with a ribbon on top.

I picked up the box and went inside the house. My parents went down-stair by the moment. “Oh? What’s that?” Eomma asked. I looked at her and smiled, “Someone asked me to pick up this box outside our house, and I’m still not sure who the sender was.”

They just nodded. I went back to my room and closed the door behind. What could it be inside the box? Hmm. Opening the box slowly, it filled with a white dress and white platform sandal.

“Woah, what is this?”

Another text had arrived again, it was from another unknown number.

From: 010-xxxxxx

Wear the dress and read the letter!

I took a piece of paper that was placed on top of the dress, it was funny to see a very familiar handwriting, and it was Yongguk oppa.

Hey Princess, make sure to wear that dress or else you will hear your Channie oppa nags since he picked the dress only for you. Go to our park, okay? I will wait for you there.

Hey, is this a love letter? I don’t want Yongguk oppa to wait for me, so I changed into the white dress and wear the sandals. I put my hair into a fish-tail style.

--

The time I arrived at the park, it was different from any other day. It was full with white petals on the ground, and then a white figure man stood in front of me with his back on my sight.

“Yongguk oppa?”

 The man turned around and to my surprised it was Youngjae! “W-where’s Yongguk oppa?” Youngjae chuckled and didn’t say any words. He passed me a yellow sticky note.

Go straight for about 10 steps and turn to your right. You’ll reach there.

I chuckled and raised my eyebrows, “Really? Is this a game?”

Not wasting any more time, I did as what I told. Going straight for 10 steps and then turning to my right. I saw Jongup waiting for me there with roses on his head.

Jongup passed me the roses and smiled. “Good luck noona!” I took a mini note on the roses; You’re almost there! Just another two steps! Go straight again for 15 steps and you’ll meet the baby giant there.

I laughed and raised my head, but Jongup was not there. Eh? I thought he was here seconds ago.

I went to the direction as I was asked to. There, I saw Zelo waving at me. “Noona!” He ran to me and hugged me. He smells like a baby. Zelo was like a little brother to me.

“Do I have another hint?” I asked Zelo. He nodded and he took out something from his pocket. It was a paper. Zelo looked at me and smiled, “Read it well, noona. I’ll go now, ppyong!”

I shook my head and opened the paper slowly; a very neat handwriting caught my eyes. It was the familiar one with the other letter that I used to read beforehand.

Haven’t start reading the letter, I already had tears streaming down my cheeks. I’m not sure why but I felt that I was loved. It hurts me when they did the best for me but I didn’t do anything best for them.

 

Hello Kwon Ha-Eun,

      This is Jung Daehyun, the person who appears in your childhood moments as the ugly beast. But as I promised to you beforehand, I grew up to be a handsome prince charming. Well, at least that’s what you called me.

      I want to wake up next to you, eat breakfast with you, get changed with you, watching movies with you in bed, hold your hand, send you cute texts, buy you gifts, nap together, walk in the rain with you, cook for you, snuggle in the bed, in conclusion, I want to do everything with you.

      Did you know how big was my love for you? Probably no. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fishes in the sea. There’s a reason people like you and I find each other. Maybe it’s fate. But I know it’s not an accident that I found you when you cried under the big tree.

      I love you, Kwon Haeun. And it’s not because you make me happy, not because you make me feel special, nor because you’re the sweetest person ever but because I just love you and I don’t need any reason for that.

`     I am literally counting the days down to the day that we will be able to marry each other. Remember our promises? You are my idea of perfection and I am blessed to have you by my side.

      I love you so much, Kwon Haeun. I really do. I love you much more than you love me. Thank you for appearing in my life.

Sincerely,

Jung Daehyun.

 

I choked on my tears and smiled at Daehyun’s letter. He was the best thing too that ever happen to me. A hand appeared and wiped my tears away, “Don’t cry. I don’t like to see you cry.”

“You bad namja.”

I slapped him on the chest and he laughed at me. “It’s not finished yet.” Daehyun smiled, leaving me dumbfounded. What?

He suddenly kneeled down and took a turquoise box out of his pocket, revealing two rings.

 “Kwon Haeun, will you marry me?”

I gasped. This is not what I expected it to be. Now I realized, everything was planned perfectly. No wonder. It was all Daehyun’s plan from the start.

“I promise to take care of you. I promise you to make you laugh. I promise not to hurt you. I promise you that I’ll be there when you need and most of all I promise to love you more than anybody else.” He said, “So Kwon Haeun, will you marry me?”

“Yes, I will.”

By the time I gave him the answer, we kissed passionately under the big tree where I cried years and years ago.

--

And who knows that was only the beginning of our rollercoaster life.

--


I'm sad to announce this but this story will probably end after 3-4 chapters! The Hopeless Romantic storyline was meant to be short so I'm so sorry to disappoint anyone of you. Don't forget to subscribe and comment! Thank you!