Never Expected You

SECRETS ( HIATUS & UNDER EDITING )
Please log in to read the full chapter

"There's an important dinner tonight. Our family has been requested to attend. The maids will help you get ready," her mother gave her a stern look, "Do not mess this up for our family." 

Hyerin sighed as she stared at her own reflection while the make-up artist applied some blusher to the girl's cheeks while the hair stylist curled the end of her hair. The girl was already terribly uncomfortable in her dress that her mother had personally picked out. 

"No black dresses, dear. You wear black too often, it makes you look dull. I picked out a few for you,you can choose from there." 

The girl bit her tongue back when she heard her mother's statement. What was wrong with the color black really? It wasn't her fault that her wardrobe mostly consisted of dark colored articles of clothing. Wednesday Addams wore black every damn day and she rocked it every single time. Another sigh left her lips as Hyerin was growing impatient with the time taken to doll her up, no matter how many times she had attended meetings, dinner or formal events - she still despised it. Surrounded by breathing, walking and living human beings made her feel suffocated to no end. The first one of two did make her feel excited but after that, it just became a nuisance to her. There was barely anyone she wanted could talk too, the people there that were her age were stuck-up, snobbish and just a bit too wild and wasn't her type of crowd to hang around. So, it became a usual routine for Hyerin to accompany her parents along, greeting a few people here and there, being introduced to some kids that her parents might find suiting as her future husband (and for business advantages) but the girl never stayed at such an event for long, she'll disappear and have Jun Seo drive her around before she finally goes home. Her parents never said anything, as long as Jun Seo was with her, they knew she would be fine.  

"You're done, ma'am," the woman stepped back as Hyerin examined her final appearance. The sight of her own face made her smile, she wasn't a big fan of make-up but she supposes this one was alright. The girl proceeded to thank the two artists for their hard work as they packed up their belongings with the help of the maids. "Ma'am,"one of the maid rushed towards her, handing her an item, "Your bag." Hyerin took the clutch bag, giving the maid a nod of thanks. It was a good thing she was all finished as Jun Seo came knocking on her door. 

"How do you think I look?" the girl asked as she gave a tiny twirl. Jun Seo smiled, even after years of serving her family, every time the girl dressed up... it always managed to make him feel astounded by her beauty. "Beautiful as always, ma'am," he noted as he looked at his watch, "We should head out now, your parents are waiting downstairs."

"Same vehicle?"

Jun Seo nodded as the girl simply blew out her cheeks, calming herself down. "Let's go," she nodded as he accompanied her downstairs. Her mother complimented her choice of clothing as they headed inside the car. "You do look stunning for once, sweetie," her mother squeezed her arm, "They did a terrific job on the make-up and hair style." The girl gave out a smile, bitter but her mother wouldn't have noticed. As the ride to the location was quiet and awkward, Jun Seo couldn't help but recall the early years when he started working for the family. 

JUN SEO POV 

I recalled the days that little Hyerin was bright, but I suppose her childhood was cut far shorter than most kids. Hyerin was a curious little child, like any child, she believed the world was an adventure just waiting to be explored by herself. She grew up with dreams of becoming an adventurer or traveler but as much as she wanted those dreams, as the only child her parents wanted her to be the next in line to take care of their company. I adored the times when she was young, she grew up too fast in my opinion - tied down to a fate she didn't want. She was disciplined to be, what you would see and call, the perfect daughter. She had beauty and brains - everyone envied her for that fact. She had

Please log in to read the full chapter