The Darkness Where I Was Trapped

SECRETS ( HIATUS & UNDER EDITING )
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Where am I?" Hyerin wondered as she noticed only darkness surrounded her. 

"Your own memories." The voice spoke, startling the girl. 

A bright streak of light blinded her, she covered her eyes. "Step through the door," the voice instructed. Hyerin lowered her hand as it came to her view that there was indeed a door a few steps in front of her. She carefully headed towards the door, turning the doorknob. "Step inside," the voice spoke again. The room that she entered was dimly lighted and it seemed familiar to her for some reason. Like a memory buried deep in her mind not wanted to be found by the owner. "Let me take you back to your dark memories," the voice seemed to be near her, whispering the words right next to her ear. Soft sobbing could be heard, curiosity led the girl to follow the source.

The furniture was familiar, the wallpaper, frames of paintings... Her head began to swirl as she tried her hardest to not remember, it felt like a forbidden memory being buried out - she wanted to know, but a sickening feeling in her stomach made her think otherwise. "Don't fight it, darling," the voice muttered, "It's something you know all these years would come back to haunt you to the very core." Beads of cold sweat began to form on the girl's forehead as she saw a door, opened just a crack. "Take a peek," the voice snickered, "Maybe that will jog your memory."

Why she followed the voice's order, she did not know. Maybe it was because curiosity got the best of her, but she wished it didn't. On the floor was a little girl crying, a girl that resembled her face. Hyerin couldn't hear anything, or she tuned it out - possibly not wanting to hear the cries and shouting. She saw the little girl being thrown stacks of papers, the person shouting got closer to her and continued to yell at her. It was her father, disappointed in her by something she had done. Her mother had only sat on the bed, not doing anything - simply watching the scene unfold. The child's face was slapped once, hard as it left a visible red print on her cheek. 

The girl turned her head away, not wanting to see any more of it. "I told you to look," the voice snapped, a cold hand forced the girl to continue watching. The scene had changed, it was the same girl but older. Streaks of tears stained with black mascara ran down her cheeks as her parents screamed at her. More scenes unraveled, always the same setting. Parents yelling, the same figure on the ground crying, same reason for getting angry... it never really stopped. 

"Get away from me!" Hyerin pushed whatever it was but her hands couldn't get a grip on anything, just the cold air. The voice chuckled, "I'm only showing you the truth that you've buried all too long, dear." A burning sensation could be felt on her wrist and stomach, she brought up her arms and gasped as she saw long red marks slicing over her wrist. "W-why are you doing this?" she whimpered, tears began to form and blur her sight. "I don't want you to forget all the pain you've felt in your life," the voice chuckled deeply, "Every single pain you've hurt and cried over. No matter how hard you try to erase and forget them, I will not let that happen." The girl held onto her neck, something or someone was strangling her up to the point she almost couldn't breathe. 

"I'll come for you," the voice hissed into her ear, "That is a promise."

She felt the pair of hands leave her neck, taking a deep breath of air. Hyerin laid there as she stared blankly at the ceiling. The pain of having to be perfect, it was a heavy burden she had to bear with since she was a mere child. High expectations were placed on her before she could even learn to speak. A talent was something that could not be bought by money, she had to work hard to be the girl everyone saw now. Numerous classes and tuitions held for her so she could master everything someone could think of. But somehow nothing seemed to satisfy her parents while she grew up. Every score had to be 100%, every performance or competition she joined must end with her being the winner... The pressure got to her, yes it did, screwing her mentality at times, making her go almost mad at times. 

Please log in to read the full chapter