Hyejin? *Part 3*

SECRETS ( HIATUS & UNDER EDITING )
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hyejin, my dear child.... The last thing I wish to see is having you wed a person whom you do not love," Eunyeong struggled to speak, her time was nearly up and she knew it. "Run away with Jungkook, Hyejin. Run away with them, they will keep you safe and loved."

"O-omma... No, no, I can't leave you here! L-Look what they did to you, what they did to us. All this because of the throne," she sobbed. Hyejin grabbed onto her mother's figure and stained her robes with her tears. "How can I leave you here all alone? You're sick-"

"That's exactly why you should leave, my child. I will not be here to protect you anymore. I will not rest in peace knowing my child is alone and surrounded by greed. This palace is toxic, my dear, I cannot bear to leave you here."

Hyejin looked up to face her mother. Her lips were chapped and blue-ish, there were eyebags under her eyes and her face was dangerously pale but she still managed to see the love and care shining through her eyes. "I-I promise, omma... I'll g-go with Jungkook, I'll run away from here," those words hurt her to say but if this was what her mother wanted, she had to respect it. Her mother gave her a sweet smile and brushed her daughter's hair. "Omma, saranghae," she muttered, hugging her mother tightly - it was the last night they would hold each other dear.

 

Jungkook, on the other hand, was busy preparing himself, preparing items they would need on their escape journey. He had discussed with his group, multiple plans in case anything terrible would happen. But the boy couldn't stop from wondering the worse to happen as he looked up into the night sky. A hundred thoughts passed through his mind, staring blankly into the abyss.

What if their escape plan was sabotaged?

What if someone found out?

What if someone that he trusted would be the one to betray them?

What if...What if Hyejin died?

A cold chill ran down his spine as he shook his head. He didn't need these thoughts clouding his mind, especially not now of all times. His mind needed to be focused and alert, not dwelling on these thoughts that were playing tricks on his mind. A sudden cough snapped Jungkook out from his thoughts. It was the Queen's maids, 4 of them to be exact. They bowed their heads as one of them stepped forward. 

"Her Highness requested for your presence immediately," she spoke and looked up to face him. He saw the small light smudges around her eyes and the hint of red in them

Please log in to read the full chapter