The Truth

Lovers Inside

 Sarah sighed as she left her house to meet her ex. Jonghyun was going to tell her where Na Neul is. Sarah had missed her best friend when she was young. She arrived; the place where she and her ex would always go before they went out on a date; Cafe Couples. It was a cafe that had the perfect food, the perfect atmosphere and only couple were admitted inside which was the catch. She leaned against the wall and looked at her watch; 9.30 am. She was early. Being early had its good and bad points but right now, she just didn't care. She plugged in her iPod and the first thing her heard was 

"Cold hot baby. Cold eyes baby..." Amigo by SHINee she thought. She adored that song and couldn't get enough of it.

Sarah remembered everything, every happy and sad times she has with Jonghyun. When she was with him, from the first moment she set her eyes on his, she knew that it wasn't just a dare that has made her ask him out. It was because she really loved him, from the very deepest of her heart. But suddenly, everything had changed the very day her ex called her to win her back. 
"Hello?"
"Hey Sarah..." Recognizing the voice Sarah hung up, her heart beating quicker than ever, desperate to not let him break her heart a second time. She will always remember what happened on the 6th of May.

***

"Hey Sarah!" Lee hugged her. Sarah turned around, her smile taking over her eyes. 
"Lee..." They hugged each other, smelling each other, feeling each other's body heat. When the let go Lee took her to the seats at Cornell Park and sat her down. 
"Sarah...we need to talk." Sarah snuggled to him and nodded, not really paying attention to what he was saying to her.
"I want to break up." Sarah stopped, as still as the sky. The two words, 'break up' stuck to her mind and she looked up, confused and thinking whether or not she heard right. 
"Did you just say...that you want to break up with me?" He nodded and I let go of him. Tears started to spill and she couldn't control the tone of her voice.
"WHY?!?! WHY DO YOU WANT TO BREAK UP WITH ME!?" He looked around him, embarrassed and pulled me onto the seats, desperate to calm her.

"Sarah...I just realized a a few days ago that, we've been together for too long. We need some time apart from each other and some time to experience other types of relationships..." Sarah sat there, tears spilling out of her eyes continuously and her hands scrunching up her skirt. She got up and turned to face Lee.
"Fine." She says, trying to sound as normal as possible.
"Break up with me, but i don't ever want to see or hear from you again." Sarah walked away her eyes streaming with tears and her hands sweating. She vowed to herself that she will never see or talk to him again if it was the last thing she did.

***

Sarah looked down at the phone that was vibrating in her hand and starred at the called ID. She flipped open the phone and once again, broke her promise to herself.
"What do you want?" 
"Just listen. Please."
"You have one minute." Lee sighed over the phone.
"I was dared by my friend to break up with you. Please...give me one more chance." This time, I sighed. I sighed because I was scared about the consequences of giving him another chance to be part of my life. I sighed because I really wanted to have him back in my life again. I knew, deep inside that I still loved him. 
"Fine. I'll give you one more chance. But if you break up with me a second time, whether its you or a dare, you won't get a third change with me."
"Thanks Sarah..."

***

"You're early..." A familiar voice said to her. Sarah looked up and found the once love filled eyes stare at her blankly. She shook her head and closed her iPod in the middle of "Ring Ding Dong".
"Let's go." Sarah said. Jonghyun nodded in agreement as he watched Sarah climb onto his motor bike. As they speed off Sarah whispered,
"Sorry..." Into Jonghyun's ears but he didn't hear her and then she whispered something he DID hear,
"Na...I'm coming..."