No more...

Lovers Inside

 

Jonghyun knew that things couldn’t get any better than it already is with Na Neul in his arms, sleeping soundly in his arms. He carefully propped his elbow onto the pillow that he had lay in a year or so ago. He looked at the body that lay serenely next to him. He smiled at her and soon she began to stir. He kissed her on her cheeks that was facing upwards. She looked up and smiled at him. She began to drag Jonghyun into the bed and hugged him tightly. They lay there happily in each others arms. Soon though, they began to get up, ready to face reality; face Sarah. Jonghyun went into the shower first as Na Neul had to put all her clothes in her luggage bag back into her wardrobe. Jonghyun stood there in the shower, his face facing the shower head and his hair behind him, dripping madly of water. Her put both his hand onto his face and gave it a good scrub before he did that same thing again. He thought about what had happened for the last year or two; meeting Sarah, falling in love with her, getting dumped and then meeting Na Neul and his brother Taemin, falling in love with Na Neul and then breaking her heart. He suddenly remembered the time Sarah had put up with him for the past year in silence. Sarah made him breakfast, made him dinner and tried in every aspect to have Jonghyun fall in love with her again but he just didn’t budge.; because he loved Na Neul, and he’ll always love her. Jonghyun suddenly shut the shower head above him and stepped out of the shower. He put a clean towel around his waist and walked out of the bathroom. He walked to the bedside table where he put his mobile and opened his phone that he had turned off last night.

“99 missed calls.” Jonghyun sighed and looked at the caller IDs.

“Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah…, Taemin, Sarah, Sarah…Taemin.” Jonghyun smiled and entered his brothers number into his phone and pressed the call button. He walked towards the walk in wardrobe that Na Neul was occupying at the moment and stood in the doorway. Na Neul looked up and Jonghyun said,

“I’m calling Taemin .” Na Neul smiled and got up, reaching her hands out for Jonghyun’s phone. Jonghyun laughed and gave the phone to Na Neul who, with Jonghyun’s phone walked out to the balcony, leaving her suit case opened with clothes littering half in and half out of it.

 

“Hello?” Na Neul heard Taemin’s sweet voice at the other end. Na Neul felt a pair of hands slide around her waist and felt a pair of lips on her neck. Na Neul tried to ignore the passionate kisses that were on her neck and talk to her best friend that was once her neighbour.

“Hey! Taemin, I’ve missed you so much!” There was silence on the other side of the phone as Taemin tried to recognise the voice on the other side. Suddenly he knew who it was and was jumping around his apartment with Minho sitting on the couch laughing at his lover’s sudden excitement.

“NA NEUL!!!” Na Neul laughed and Jonghyun laughed with her as he heard his brother scream on the other end.

“How are you? And I think I hear Minho in the background…ARE YOU TWO TOGETHER?!?! GIVE ME THE FACTS!” Ne Neul hears everyone laughing at her, at least Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun was laughing; especially Jonghyun. Taemin and Na Neul talk for at least an hour before they all decide to come over to talk face to face because Jonghyun was whining about the phone fees he was going to receive. An hour later, Na Neul has finished putting all her clothes in the wardrobe, showered, ate breakfast with Jonghyun and quickly cleaned the house before Taemin and Minho arrives at her place. Taemin hugged Na Neul forever; or it seemed like forever. They talked and they laughed and suddenly it was time for lunch. Na Neul sighed happily and got up to make everyone occupying her apartment something to eat and she didn’t notice that Jonghyun was towing away Taemin. Jonghyun signalled to Minho to tell him that he doesn’t want Na Neul to know this and so Minho, being as clever as he is, began to talk to Na Neul so she didn’t think anything was wrong. Before Jonghyun and Taemin disappeared into Na Neul bedroom Jonghyun mouthed “Thanks” to Minho and he waved that away.

 

“Hyung…what’s wrong?” Jonghyun sat down heavily onto the bed and put his head onto both his hands that was resting on his knee.

“I love Na Neul…” Taemin laughed and sat next to his brother and hugged him.

“I do too…so what’s wrong?”

“Sarah…” Taemin’s smile disappeared and his voice turned icy.

“I see…” Silence filled the whole room and soon, it became uncomfortable and soon they could both hear their other half talking and laughing together as if they’ve been friends forever. Jonghyun and Taemin both sighed and Taemin began to speak.

“Sarah…she’s not really the best material for a good girlfriend or a good wife…and I don’t really like how she sticks to you all the time…Na Neul is just…perfect? Is that the word I'm looking for? I don’t know…she just seems really perfect for you and she isn’t really like Sarah…their opposites…” The silence seemed to stretch forever until Jonghyun found his voice and asked the question he wanted to ask his dongseng the whole time.

“I don’t know how to break-up with Sarah…can you help me…?” Taemin turned to his hyung and saw his hyung looking at him. His eyes helpless.

“I don’t know…why don’t you just tell her? She should have realised before that she can never replace Na Neul in your heart…” Jonghyun nods.

“And it’s best if you take Na Neul with you too…” Jonghyun suddenly smiles and nods eagerly. Obviously Jonghyun wanted Na Neul with him. Taemin and Jonghyun get up and walk out into the dining room. Jonghyun and Taemin end up laughing because Na Neul and Minho is covered in tomato sauce. Soon, lunch is ready and they begin to eat a hearty meal, laughing and talking until suddenly, the door bell rings and everyone looked towards the door.

“Is there someone else coming?” Na Neul asks around. Everyone shakes their head and Na Neul begin to walk towards the door to open it. Suddenly, Jonghyun has a hunch and he quickly gets up and overtakes Na Neul before she reaches the door.

“I’ll get the door. You sit down and have lunch ok?” Na Neul looks at Jonghyun weirdly and begins to protest but before she even begins she hears shouting coming from outside the door; and the voice was familiar.

“OPEN THE DAM DOOR! I KNOW YOU’RE ALL IN THERE!” Everyone freezes and suddenly Na Neul recognises Sarah’s voice and a flashback of Jonghyun and Sarah kissing is in her head. She takes a step back and was about to fall when Jonghyun caught her and whispered into her ears.

“We have to deal with this some time soon anyway…why don’t we just get it over and done with…-“

BANG BANG! The tension is suddenly built up and Jonghyun begins to walk towards the door to open it but Na Neul pulls him back, not wanting him to. Jonghyun turns around and smiles reassuringly at Na Neul.

“I love you…forever…” Na Neul slowly lets go of Jonghyun and he takes that opportunity to open the door. Sarah barges in and looks around her and finally rests her eyes on Na Neul.

 

“Na…” The whole apartment is silent.

“Sarah…” The stand there, a few metres apart and yet their hearts were as far as any heart cold be; Sarah’s heart set cold and emotionless to her ex-best friend and Na Neul’s heart set sad and in despair to what her best friend from childhood had done to her. Jonghyun looks at the two girls and was about to talk before Sarah hugged him. The whole room had their eyes set wide open, like the sun that was shining light into the apartment but the others still shivered.

“I’ve missed you…I thought you said you were going to be back in the morning but when I didn’t see you I got worried…” Sarah talked and talked until everyone became restless and soon Taemin couldn’t stand it anymore. Taemin stood up, about to talk when Minho put his own had onto Taemin’s hand and shook his head. Taemin wanted to listen to Minho, like he always did but this time, he couldn’t just think about Minho; he had to think about his brother’s future with his best friend, Na Neul. Taemin ignored the shake of Minho’s head and stood up, walked to Na Neul and pulled her towards the “couple”.  Taemin squared up his shoulders and talked.

“Sarah…” Sarah’s head turned towards Taemin and her eyes lost interest as she saw Taemin hold onto Na Neul’s hand. Knowing what Taemin was about to say she began to tow away Jonghyun and try to persuade him to leave, but Taemin stopped her.

“Sarah! Let go of hyung!” Sarah stops and turned around surprised, and so does Jonghyun. Sarah laughs and does what Taemin says. She puts her hand up as if caught by the police and snickers.

“Little Taemin…how are you?” Taemin’s face becomes as red as a tomato and finally he explodes. Minho shakes his head.

“Go away from my hyung! He doesn’t like you anymore Sarah! He love Na Neul now and I think Na Neul is better for him that you because she has forgiven him for all the bad things he had done and she isn’t as vain as you are!” Taemin says all that in one gulp of air and suddenly Na Neul gets pushed to Jonghyun and Jonghyun catches her perfectly. Jonghyun looks down at Na Neul and smiles, suddenly full of courage to face what he was supposed to face long, long ago. Jonghyun looks at Sarah and starts to talk.

 

“Taemin is right…we’re not good for each other. I wanted to tell you this before but before I could you had kissed me and then…” Silence. Everyone [except Taemin and Minho of course] recalled what happened that night.

“Anyways,” Jonghyun says breaking the uncomfortable silence. He put his hands around Na Neul’s shoulders and smiles.

“I have Na Neul now.” He says finishing his sentence. He looks at Sarah, expecting a reaction of some sort. Suddenly, Sarah is laughing like a maniac but as sudden as she starts laughing, as sudden as she stops, her voice icy and every word she says pierce through Na Neul’s heard.

“This is the thanks I get for looking after you while SHE!” Sarah points to Na Neul which makes her flinch and Jonghyun tightened his grip around her shoulder.

“While she runs away so you can’t find her! Does she KNOW how much you suffered when she left?! Does she KNOW how long it took you to become “normal” again!” She says with making quotations with her two fingers on each hand. Jonghyun takes a step forward and leans towards Sarah with his hands on her shoulders.

“Look Sarah, I stopped loving you the very day you told me that your love for me was a joke, from then on I stopped believing you. It was your fault. It was ALSO your fault that Na Neul ran away from me. It was also your own doing for misinterpreting everything that I have done. You think I still love you because I eat your food and I let you into my apartment. You never asked what I felt and you never cared. You just wanted me back. And now I hav Na Neul, I don’t need you anymore. There are more guys out there that are better for you than me-“ Sarah slaps Jonghyun. The slap echo’s around the living room and a red imprint is left on Jonghyun’s right cheek. Taemin and Na Neul gasp and rush to him but Jonghyun stops them with a stop sign made with his hand.

“You can hit me, slap me, shout at me as much as you want Sarah…but I’m never going to love you a second time…I’m sorry.” Jonghyun stops talking and to Na Neul, she felt mixed emotions; happy that Jonghyun still loved her after all this drama and sad for Sarah because it was her fault that Jonghyun didn’t love her again. Sarah begins to cry and Na Neul is startled; she’s never seen Sarah cry before. She steps forward and hugs her childhood best friend.

 

“I’m so sorry Sarah…I didn’t mean to…” The unsaid words “steal Jonghyun away…” hang in the air until Sarah stops crying at she looks at Na Neul. Na Neul smiles and soon Sarah and Na Neul are laughing at a joke they had made without a sound. Sarah holds both Na Neul’s hand in hers.

“I’m so sorry Na…I didn’t mean to hurt you…I’m so sorry…and Jonghyun’s right…all of this IS my fault…” Na Neul shakes her head in protest and was about to retort than when Sarah laughed.

“I have to go now…I actually booked a ticket to travel the world…haha…so I really have to go…” Na Neul looks at Sarah suspiciously. Sarah laughs and produces her ticket.

“I had another one for Jonghyun because he wasn’t getting over you but…it seems like he won’t need to anymore so I’ll be travelling by myself…” Sarah smiles and begins to walk out the door when Jonghyun stopped her and said to her.

“I’m sorry…contact me if you need anything okay?” Sarah smiles again.

“I’m pretty sure what I want is something you can not give to me anymore…only another guy can give it to me.” Jonghyun smiles and nods.

“Have fun Sarah and go get another guy who’s better than me!” Sarah nods and walks out of the door, leaving a trail of sadness behind her.

Suddenly, there’s sighing everywhere and there are laughs, kisses and hugs for everyone without all the tension that was around them a few minutes ago. Na Neul and Jonghyun look at each other lovingly and suddenly they kiss each other. Their kiss was passionate, their kiss were loving and their kiss lasted an age! Taemin and Minho had to pry them off each other with Taemin making a funny comment in between.

“I don’t want you guys to make out in front of my and Min!” Everyone laughs and they return to their already cold lunch with free hearts.