"I've missed you..."

Lovers Inside

  “Hello…”

-Awkward silence.-

“Umm…”

“Umm…” They said together. Jonghyun starred into the space ahead of him, his hands shaking and his thoughts spinning.

“Is…this Kim Jonghyun?” The voice on the other side said. Jonghyun unconsciously nodded and then quickly realised that he was talking to a person over the phone and that person can not see him.

“Yes…and you are…?” The other person laughed; a laugh that wasn’t full of happiness but full of coldness.

“It’s me Jonghyun, Na Neul…” Jonghyun dropped his phone and fell onto the floor, his phone an arms reach away from him. Na Neul’s voice came from his phone again, her voice soft because his phone wasn’t on loud speaker but Jonghyun could still hear her.

“Are you alone or are you with Sarah?”

“I’m a-alone…in your apartment…”

“Oh…” The silence between these two ex-lovers dragged on and on until Jonghyun picked up his courage and spoke.

“Why are you calling me all of a sudden? Where have you been? I’ve tried to find you but…-” Jonghyun stopped talking as he heard the door knob of Na Neul’s apartment click open and saw the door knob turn. Jonghyun stood up, picked up his phone and thinking that it was the cleaning lady he opened the door but what he saw froze him on the spot: Na Neul.

 

Na Neul looked at Jonghyun, her first love, the man she had given all her trust to and had betrayed her. She removed her iPhone 4G from her ear and pressed the “End Call” button without breaking her gaze with Kim Jonghyun.

“Long time no see Jonghyun…” Na Neul smiled at her ex-lover, a smile that lifted up the corners of barely an inch. She rolled her two massive suitcases with her, into her apartment, pass Jonghyun. She went into her bedroom, leaving Jonghyun starring at the place she was before she entered her apartment, with the door wide open. When she came back out and saw Jonghyun still standing there she walked towards him and pushing him back from the door a bit, she gently closed her door. She looked at Jonghyun, who was staring down at her.

“What…? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost or something…” Jonghyun shook his head and suddenly both his hands was on her shoulder and his face so close to Na Neul’s that she wanted to kiss him and forget everything she saw the last day she was in Seoul…bit it wasn’t that easy…

“Where have you been?” Na Neul looked into Jonghyun’s eyes and was startled but the amount of emotion hidden in his delicious coloured eyes but she was determined to not let this waver her.

“I’ve been overseas, leading a new life with no betrayal and no trust. Just work.” Jonghyun let go of her and took a step backwards and he whispered,

“You still haven’t forgiven me yet…” Na Neul smiled and walked towards the kitchen, opening the fridge and taking out some pasta and tomato sauce, getting ready to make spaghetti.

“You’re right. I haven’t forgiven you yet…although I plan to, it’s quite a hard process you know. It’s not as easy as saying the word “forget”. It takes time. You want dinner? Or are you going to go back to Sarah and eat it with her? Either way, I don’t mind.” Jonghyun was just about to respond when he got a call on his Blackberry. “Sarah” Jonghyun sighed and he took in this call.

“Yes?” Na Neul turned around and began to cook dinner.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?! I CALLED YOU SO MANY TIME ALREADY!” Jonghyun moved the phone away from his ears a few centimetres and once Sarah had stopped talking he put the phone towards his ear again and said,

“I’m sorry. I’m at a friends place so I won’t being going back to have dinner tonight and I might end up coming home late…”

“What friend?” Jonghyun gulped and said to the phone hesitantly.

“It’s no one you know. Anyway, I really have to go now. Bye!” Jonghyun closed his phone and put it in his pocket.

 

“Is it a good thing to talk to your girlfriend like that?”

“She’s not my girlfriend. I haven’t been in a relationship since you left me…” Na Neul froze for about a second and then she began to work again, ignoring what Jonghyun had said a minute ago.

“So I guess that means your staying for dinner right?” Jonghyun nodded and sat himself on a stool watching Na Neul cook dinner. They just kept it like that for a few more minutes and then Na Neul broke the silence.

“Set up the table. Dinners ready.” Jonghyun got up, entered the kitchen and began to get the utensils and set up the table. Once he was done, he sat down, and a second later Na Neul entered the dining room with two full plates of pasta on her hands. After putting her plate of pasta on side of the table she began to walk down towards Jonghyun to put down Jonghyun’s plate. As she was about to walk away, She felt a pair of hands slip around her waist and she froze as the hands began to grip tighter and she felt a head on the bottom of her back.

 

“W-what are you do-doing!” Na Neul stuttered. Na Neul silently cursed herself for stuttering and prayed that Jonghyun didn’t notice.

“I’ve miss you…” Na Neul starred ahead and tears started to slip off her face without her realisation, by the time she had realised she began to hastily wiped them off her face but she was too slow. A tear had naughtily dropped onto Jonghyun’s hands and sensing that Na Neul was crying he stood up and turned her around. Na Neul bent her head but Jonghyun bent down to see her eyes. Jonghyun cupped Na Neul’s face with his hands and whispered to her,

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to make you cry…” Na Neul looked at Jonghyun and her heart began to beat, faster and faster and during this time, the unknowing Jonghyun wiped her tears away so gently that it tickled Na Neul. As Na Neul saw Jonghyun’s face get closer and closer to her own she hit back into reality and broke the spell that Jonghyun had bewitched her with. She took some steps back and power walked herself towards her dinner and sat down. When she looked up, Jonghyun was still standing, a smile of knowing on his face and a second later her sat down and began to eat the pasta in front of him hungrily. Na Neul smiled and did the same. At first, they ate in silence but Na Neul knew Jonghyun couldn’t stand silences and was waiting for him to speak and quite soon, Jonghyun did what she expected.

“So why are you back in Korea?” Na Neul stopped eating and answered the question.

“They told me to come back and work here.”

“I see…why don’t you come and work with me? There’s a new secretary coming in to assist me in a few days and I have a feeling that we won’t like each other…” Na Neul laughed out loud and Jonghyun starred at her but soon he began to laugh too. He hadn’t seen or heard that laugh in a very long time.

“What if I was to tell you that I am that secretary…?” Jonghyun froze and looked up from his half-eaten pasta, starring at Na Neul.

“Are…are you being serious?” Na Neul smiled a smile that made Jonghyun’s heart skip a beat. Na Neul nodded and began to eat her pasta as if it was no big deal but to Jonghyun, it was a great big deal!

 

After dinner they washed the dishes together, laughing and joking around, as if best friends. Soon though, it was 11pm. Na Neul and Jonghyun had been talking to each other for more than 2 hours and Na Neul was very tired.

“You should go now…Sarah’s going to be worried…!” Before Na Neul could finish her sentence was utterly covered with another mouth. Na Neul froze at this familiar kiss but soon, she couldn’t resist the strong urge to kiss Jonghyun back and so, can not deny her feelings for Jonghyun anymore, she began to kiss him back hungrily and they kissed each other for minutes on end, neither of them wanting to be the one that breaks the kiss. Jonghyun couldn’t stand it anymore, he picked up Na Neul like a bride and carried her to her bedroom and put her gently onto her soft double bed without once breaking their intimate kiss. Jonghyun began to undo the buttons on Na Neul’s shirt but Na Neul stopped him.

“No…” Jonghyun stopped and looked at Na Neul.

“Why not…?”

“I still haven’t forgiven you for doing that to me yet…” Jonghyun said nothing as he watched Na Neul get up from her bed. As she was about to leave him alone Jonghyun grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him and soon he was hugged her waist, him sitting on the bed and Na Neul standing up with Jonghyun’s head on her belly.

“She said to me that day that if I kissed her she would stay out of my life and never come back in again…but at that time she said to kiss her on her cheeks so I did…but then she moved her head an inch and I found my lips on hers…”

-SILENCE-

“Ohh…” Na Neul replied. Jonghyun looked up and Na Neul and said,

“I’m sorry for hurting you Na…I didn’t mean it to become like this…do you know how long I’ve waited to say this to you? Ever since I’ve become CEO I’ve searched and searched for you everywhere in the world…but I just couldn’t find you…” Na Neul felt her silk shirt getting wet from Jonghyun tears and so she bent down to hug him, like he was her child.

“It’s okay…now I understand…” Jonghyun looked up and said,

“Will you forgive me then…?” Na Neul peered into Jonghyun’s eyes, and saw the remorse and regret in his eyes. Na Neul nodded and Jonghyun smiled, his smile that can lit up a thousand stars, his smile that made Na Neul fall in love with him in the first place.

 

Na Neul realised something important as those two kissed each other, caressed each other and held onto each other, that no man, no, no person, in the world could replace Jonghyun in her heart; no one. Na Neul loved Jonghyun. And her love for him will never be changed, whether or not he betrayed her or used her trust for him, she loved Jonghyun just the way he was.