The Next Life...

Lovers Inside

 

Jonghyun and Na Neul walk down the path through the park that was just outside their apartment. They were holding each others hand, afraid of losing each other again. The wind blew through Na Neul’s hair and her grip on Jonghyun’s hand loosened but Jonghyun’s hand tightened. Na Neul turned to face Jonghyun and kissed him in the middle of their walk. Jonghyun stopped walking and kissed Na Neul, savouring up Na Neul’s soft lips and the sweet taste of . Soon though, Na Neul broke off their kiss with a laugh and many pairs of eyes starring at them, some in awe, some in disgust.

“NA NEUL~!” Na Neul turned around and saw Taemin run towards her and Minho jogging slowly behind him, trying to catch up to Taemin. When Taemin’s reached Na Neul, Taemin ran to hug her and Na Neul got the full impact of that hug. Taemin was still hugging her as Minho reached them, a smile on his face. When Minho stopped running Minho said,

“He ran right as he reached the gate of the gate…it’s so hard to catch up with him when he sets his mind to it…even with my athletics grade!” Everyone laughed and Taemin playfully hit Minho on the arm but Minho dogged Taemin’s hit and turned Taemin around so he could wrap his hands around him, trapping him. The two most happy couple began to walk towards the end of the park with people whispering behind their back, not at Jonghyun and Na Neul but at Taemin and Minho. Taemin ignored them and Minho just shrugged; they were used to all the stares and whispering. They all laughed their way throughout the whole way towards the end of the park and soon they walked to their favourite restaurant that they went every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday night. When they arrived there it was 6.30 sharp and that was the time of their bookings. They sat in their usual booked seat: a corner seat in which the noise outside can’t disturb them and a place overlooking the city view of Seoul.

 

“Can I please have a red wine brought here?” Jonghyun said to the waiter that was just standing there, waiting for them to order and their personal waiter for the whole meal. The waiter nods at Jonghyun’s request and walks away with a mission. Jonghyun and Na Neul sit down, Na Neul getting the view and Minho sit opposite Jonghyun and Taemin sit opposite Taemin. It never changes and none of them want to deal with change another time. The waiter arrives with the red wine Jonghyun requested for and pours half a glass of it for them. Minho tells the waiter that they would like to eat what they ate last week and he nods, slightly happy that there isn’t anything too complicated and walks away. Jonghyun stand up, followed by Na Neul then Minho and lastly Taemin. They clink their glasses together and drink their wine. As they sit down talking and laughing Taemin and Minho share a look which both Na Neul and Jonghyun catches.

“What’s up? Why are you looking at each other weirdly?” Taemin begins to blush and he begins to stammer.

“U-um…we-well…we-we’ve…decided…” Taemin takes a gulp and sensing he’s partner’s nervousness Minho put his hand onto Taemin’s hand that was on his pants, sweating like mad. Na Neul laughs.

“Come on you guys!” Minho looks into Taemin’s eyes, gives him a nod and then turns towards Jonghyun and Na Neul. He says, calmly,

“Taemin and I have decided to get married.” Silence. Taemin screws his tiny eyes together, waiting for a response from his brother and his best friend. Jonghyun and Na Neul look at each other and they stand up, in unison and walk towards Minho and Taemin. Na Neul puts her hands on Taemin’s shoulders, Jonghyun doing the same to Minho and together they say,

“CONGRATULATIONS!” Taemin’s eyes fly open and his head snaps towards Na Neul.

“Wh-what?!?!”

“We were actually hoping for the new EARLIER but…knowing you, you would probably put it off till it can’t be put off anymore so we both waited patiently. So when’s the big day?” They talk and they talk; Na Neul and Taemin about the wedding plans and Minho and Jonghyun about football. Soon the food is served and Na Neul cuts up her steak and begins to eat but soon, she begins to feel queasy and rushes to the bathroom. When she comes back Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho bombard her with questions and soon Taemin says something that shocks Na Neul and Jonghyun.

“Oh, my God! Are you pregnant Na?!?!” Jonghyun look at Na Neul with his eyes wide and suddenly he stand up and runs out of the restaurant. Na Neul look at the back of Jonghyun, worried and scared. Soon, in a few minutes he comes back with a pregnancy test tube and Jonghyun orders Na Neul to go inside and do the test. Na Neul protests and says that she’s not pregnant but Jonghyun gives her the death stare which Na Neul knows that she will have do to what she is told. Na Neul take the test off Jonghyun’s hands shakily and walks slowly to the bathroom, on hand with the test and one on her stomach.

 

Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin wait for Na Neul to come out of the bathroom. Soon all the food ordered comes out but Na Neul is still in the bathroom and Jonghyun soon becomes impatient. He bangs his hand on the table making Taemin jump.

“Hyung! Don’t do that! Just be patient…-“ Na Neul comes out and gives Jonghyun a shaky smiles. When she sits down the whole table is silent, everyone waiting for the news. Na Neul takes out the test and as she is putting it onto the table that was filled with food Jonghyun snatches it from her and give it a look. He stares and the result and doesn’t move, his eyes wide and beginning to tear up. Taemin becomes impatient and snatches it away from Jonghyun’s hands. Minho and Taemin bend their head together to get a look at the result and the result pleases them whereas it shocks Jonghyun and Na Neul.

“You’re pregnant Na! Congratulations!” Na Neul just smiles and rubs her stomach. She turned towards Jonghyun and puts her hands onto his. Jonghyun turns towards Na Neul, his face serious.

“I want you to quit you’re job and stay at home until the baby is born. I don’t want anything to happen to him!” Na Neul smiles and suddenly the tension that was once hanging over them, was broken.

“It might not be a boy you know! I hope it’s a girl…” Na Neul says day dreaming with Taemin and Minho laughing and Jonghyun shaking his head, a bright smiles on his face. Suddenly Na Neul says,

“And who says I’m quitting my job! I’m keeping it! But I’ll just go on leave okay?” Jonghyun nods and gives Na Neul a hug and just like that, they have a hearty dinner.

 

Days pass, weeks pass and months pass. Soon, Na Neul’s baby boy is about to come out and Na Neul is being really careful and Jonghyun is nervous. It was the 14th of December and today, the baby was supposed to come out. Taemin and Minho was somewhere else. Suddenly, Na Neul feels a sharp pain in her stomach and then they both realise that it’s time. Jonghyun rushes Na Neul to the car and they drive quickly to the nearby hospital. Na Neul is rushed into a room for her baby to be born and Jonghyun is left outside to wait to hear the cry of his baby.

Waahhhh…waahhhh…Jonghyun freezes and suddenly the doctor comes out with a smiles on his face.

“Mr. Kim. Congratulations. Mother and son are both well. You may come in now.” Jonghyun rushes in and sees Na Neul laying there, as fragile as the wind and a nurse standing over her holding the baby. Jonghyun reaches towards it and holds it in his arms. Suddenly Jonghyun knows what to call his baby.

“Jinki…” Na Neul smiles.

“I like it…Jinki~” The child stirs and Na Neul and Jonghyun smile.

 

A few year later, after Jinki turned five Taemin and Minho goes to adopt a son. An hour or so later, when Na Neul and Jonghyun was having a birthday dinner with Jinki they ring their house doorbell and when Jonghyun opens the door, between Taemin and Minho was their new son, two years old and his name was Kim Kibum. They introduce the kids together and soon they become good friends. When they were cutting the cake Kibum called Jinki.

“Onew hyung, come play with me!” Jinki stares at Kibum and the parents freeze wondering what is happening. Jinki smiles and go.

“Sure Key dongseng!” And they go to the living room together, their parents surprised at their new nick names and the cake sitting there, on the table un eaten. 

 

***

To all my subscribers/readers, I hope you have enjoyed reading "Lovers Inside". I have decided to continue writing this story but of course, it will not be based on Jonghyun but Onew/Key [Onkey] I haven't thought about the title yet but I hope you will support my fanfics, and my favourite K POP group SHINee [and my favourite celebrity, ONEW!]!!! Thank you for reading~ 

P.S If you want me to write a particular fanfic please write on my wall. I'll be more than happy to assist! 

xXx.

musicISme.