Alone and Fake

Lovers Inside

 I, Lee Na Neul, have always been alone. When I was young I was found lying in front of an orphanage. Since then, I was bullied and I have been hard to trust others. Although have been bullied, there was once a time when I had a really good friend, Jane, but before we had finished high school she was adopted by another family and I never saw her again.

I opened the front door to get into my apartment in Seven Hills. Since university I have changed, changed into a fake smiler, a fake person with a fake personality. I smile and laugh in front of others, I tell other secrets about my past and I scream and swoon over guys, but all those feelings are fake. I can not trust. I can not love. I'm a fake.

***

My doorbell rang and I opened the door. 
"Hey!" Sarina Charles and Jessica Dawles rushed in screaming and squealing. 
"There's a new club open down your street and we got ticket for it!" I used up all my energy to plaster up a fake smile and change into my fake personality. 
"OHMIGOSSSHHHH~! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!" They nodded enthusiastically. 
"ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!" I looked at the quizzically.
"Then what are we waiting for?" We squealed, my eardrums ringing. I grabbed my wallet and put my iPhone inside it. I looked at the mirror and upon my "friends" rushing I left, closing my large and quiet house behind.

***

"Can I have a coke please?" The bartender nodded and put a coke in front of me in one swift move. A guy sizzled up to me.
"You alone? Wanna dance?" I smiled, this time for real.
"It's fine. I'm not in the mood to dance right now." The guys eyebrows came together and he walked away confused and scratching his head. Jess came up to me and laughed at me.
"Why did you say no? That guy was hot! You should've said yet!" 
"No way man. SOOOOOO not my type. Not even close!" We both laughed and she left me alone. Alone again, I thought.

I sipped my coke and felt a pair of hands on my empty and vulnerable shoulder. I looked up and found a pair of empty and expressionless eyes but with a y and cute smile face me. I smiled back and gently shook his hands away. Taking the warning he left his hand beside him and sat next to me, introducing himself. 
"Hi, the name is Park Jonghyun. Wanna dance?"