-7- The Gender -7-

Father by Accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo sat inside Jongin's office in the elder male's chair behind his spacious desk. It would have been another boring Monday morning, except for the fact the younger male has an appointment with Dr. Kang today. He was only three months along in his pregnancy. He sweetly smiled at that notion.

That's why Jongin had made him come in to work with him this morning, until it was time to head out to his Doctor's office. Right then, the elder male was attending a very important meeting with his company's main board members. A meeting that he could not afford to miss.

He boredly clicked his tongue, patiently waiting to finally leave the place. To him, Jongin's office was so colorless and cold. He did not like the fact that it did not show that the elder male is a family man now or that his world was not actaully colorless. He was about to stand up when the door to the office was opened up and an annoyed Jongin stepped inside of the room.

He could tell that something was bothering him, though he was almost too afraid to ask what that was for fear that Jongin might turn his anger against instead. He knew it wrong to think that way, despite this he can't help it. And after the way his pregnancy hormones had him acting around the elder male, he felt that Jongin would blow his stress up at him in the end. Not that Jongin really would though, pregnancy symptoms just conveniencely often took a lot out of the expectant fathers.

"Let's go, Soo. I don't want you to be late to your appointment." Jongin tightly voiced, trying to keep his anger from truly reaching Kyungsoo, consequently somehow he got the feeling that it had anyways.

"Okay, I'm ready to leave right now anyways." Kyungsoo beamed up at him, instantly lightening up the tense atmosphere of the quiet office setting and Jongin himself with its brilliance.

Right after that, they left Jongin's office together, finally arriving to his appointed time with Dr. Kang. The Doctor ordered Kyungsoo around while Jongin stayed in the room with him for moral support. Kyungsoo laid back upon the table as Dr. Kang had instructed. His Nurse helping him to properly do so.

Jongin sat in a chair by his side. The elder male was gently holding on to one of his trembling hands, soothing his slight fears away as calmly as he could. Although excitement was bubbling up between them too at the moment. Today they were going to learn the of their child, because Dr. Kang said with the new advancements in technology it was easier to do so early on in a male patient's pregnancy.

"Kyungsoo, can you lift up your t-shirt little bit for me please?" Dr. Kang sweetly asked him to lift his t-shirt. So on her order, he lifts up his t-shirt, showing a flush of milk pale skin before four pairs of eyes. He instantly squeezed Jongin's hand when Dr. Kang smears a clear gel-like substance upon his bared stomach. It was cold to the touch even as she placed the ultrasound transducer over his gelled stomach.

Dr. Kang spoke again, "Okay, if I just move this around a little bit, I can just about see that the of your child is..."

Kyungsoo gulped down some air nervously. He didn't know what to expect. He was afraid of disappointing the other male with the gender of their unborn child. Jongin easily took note of his hesitance and acted fast.

"Wait, Dr. Kang. Maybe learning the baby's gender could wait awhile? We're in no actual hurry." Jongin said, keeping her from saying anything further as he eyed a worry looking Kyungsoo over.

"B-but J-jongin I thought that you wanted to know of our baby's gender?" Kyungsoo warily asked him with a slight stammer in the beginning as he spoke.

"Not if you don't. I'm okay with finding out at the end of your pregnancy, if you are." Jongin tried to sincerely explain his decision on the matter plaguing them both.

"No, Dr. Kang, please continue on. We really want to know our child's gender." Kyungsoo said with newfound determination underlying his voice as he tookhis strength from from Jongin's own powerful endurance. If Jongin desired to know the gender of their unborn child, who was he to deny him that knowledge?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter