Field Trip to the Zoo

Kindergarten
Idea from Baekgu_96. Epic lines in the story from Jenny!
 
*
 
Seulgi was overjoyed for today's trip. They were going to her favorite zoo. She could, at last, meet the bears! Since they were the only four going to the zoo, Joy volunteered to drive. 
 
As they arrived at the zoo's entrance, Joy explained the safety cautions to Irene and Wendy, while Seulgi swayed slightly on her feet, waiting impatiently. The bear twirled around and took pictures of her surroundings. The weather was unbelievably comfortable. The sky was clear, cool breeze shook the leaves, and golden glow lightened the ground.
 
Seulgi looked back at Joy, who knelt down and concentrated on Wendy's inquiries, and felt herself swelled with joy, and Joy. The younger teacher's face was showered by sunshine, which was accompanied by a faint hint of smile, and made her look like a goddess descended from above. She couldn't help and snapped a picture of Joy.
 
Hearing the click of the camera, Joy glanced up with an unreadable expression. Seulgi thought she would seize the device from her and delete the image. The thought alone caused her to sigh internally, the picture was beautiful, because of Joy. She braced herself for the imminent incident, but it never came. Instead, Wendy grabbed her hand and they began to march towards the interior of the zoo.
 
*
 
The four walked in pairs, Irene with Joy, and Wendy with Seulgi. Judging from the small jumps of Irene, it was evident that she was easily startled. Every little movement of the animals, even away from a long distance, agitated her.
 
"Irene, are you scared?" Wendy asked her.
 
Irene merely nodded.
 
"Hold my hands, so you will feel safe."
 
*
 
It was the part that Seulgi had been waiting for since the announcement of the field trip. Her favorite animals were standing, sitting, and eating right in front of her.
 
"BEARS!" Seulgi hopped, leaped, and jumped into the air.
 
"Why are Ms. Kang's relatives here?" Wendy frowned.
 
"Because they have to earn money to send Seulgi to the human world and provide her education." Joy answered.
 
Seulgi was occupied with photographing the animals and didn't pay attention to Joy's statement. However, even if the bear heard her, she wouldn't dare to argue with Joy.
 
Five minutes had passed, Seulgi was nowhere near stopping her actions. Joy was about to, again, drag her away, but Seulgi spun around right before Joy's hand came into contact with her.
 
"Memory card is full." Seulgi pouted, yet Joy didn't care a bit.
 
"That means you should leave."
 
"NOOOOO!" Seulgi stuck her face on the glass window, unwilling to leave.
 
An embarrassed Joy pulled her away in the end, repressing her urge to beat Seulgi to death by ignoring weird stares coming from other visitors in the zoo.
 
*
 
Joy especially chose this zoo because of the newest construction of the zoo, the cuteness overloading "Mini Petting Zoo". She knew the students would enjoy it a lot, however, she miscalculated.
 
"Oh my gosh. Joy. Look at this! ADORABLE!" Seulgi locked a chicken in her embrace.
 
Three. Two. One. Joy counted silently.
 
The chicken was enraged by Seulgi's strong hold on it and spread its wings forcefully. The feathers falling on Seulgi's head and it stormed away, just like Joy always did.
 
*
 
Irene sulked behind Wendy, whom was the rabbits' fur. Sure, the animals were adorable, but please notice the lonely rabbit, namely the one named Irene.
 
"Irene, aren't they cute?" Wendy cooed.
 
Irene didn't respond, so the other girl continued talking.
 
"They look just like you! How cute!"
 
"I'm cute?" Irene asked.
 
"Yes!" Wendy exclaimed.
 
Alright, Irene could live with that. She joined Wendy and petted the tiny animals. Wendy was right, they were adorable.
 
Seulgi and Joy observed from afar. They couldn't prevent grins forming.
 
*
 
It was nearing the end of the trip, they entered a gift shop. Joy allowed the two students to shop on their own, but reminded them to abide the rules she set.
 
Joy glanced here and there and couldn't choose a souvenir that interested her. She felt a pat on her shoulder and she immediately knew who it was.
 
"Joy, I bought this for you!"
 
Seulgi bought two stuffed animals. One was a bear that Seulgi took pictures of, and the other was a cartoon version of the chicken that she held not too long ago. Truth to be told, they both resembled each other, not on the appearance, but the atmosphere they gave out.
 
Joy went and grabbed the chicken doll.
 
"Oh, the chicken is for me, this is for you." Seulgi instead handed her the bear doll.
 
"Why the bear for me?"
 
"Because I want us to be by each other's side."
 
"Thanks." Joy blushed and mumbled. She would certainly treasure this present.
 
*
 
Irene studied their interaction and chose to follow their example. She picked out a rabbit and a hamster stuffed doll. She debated whether she should give the rabbit to Wendy, what if she liked the doll more than she liked Irene?
 
The hamster in Irene's hand was suddenly snatched away by a tiny, pale hand.
 
"I love this!" Wendy cuddled the doll.
 
"It's for you."
 
"Thank you, Irene!" They hugged.
 
Irene's operation was a great success. Seeing Wendy being happy was her ultimate goal. The hug was just a bonus, and the kiss on her cheek.
 
*
 
Departing from the shop, the snack bar caught their eyes. They stood in line and awaited for their order to be ready.
 
Noticing Joy's slouching stance, Seulgi wrapped her arms around her waist from behind. 
 
"What is this for?"
 
"To support you."
 
Irene imitated her movement out of curiosity. She hid her face in the crook of Wendy's neck. She loved the feeling of being so close to Wendy.
 
"Beautiful couple, with even more charming children." A passerby gaped at them.
 
"Thanks, they got it from me." Joy abandoned her embarrassment and smugly answered.
 
They shared the cotton candy, one for the pair of students and one for the pair of teachers. Irene and Wendy would accidentally bump their cheeks together, emitting little giggles.
 
Joy focused on them and wasn't aware of the close proximity of her face and Seulgi's. Their lips grazed with each other's when Seulgi and Joy both tried to bite a piece off the cotton candy. They looked down on their laps awkwardly, refusing to face one another.
 
Irene, again, noticed the event, and pecked Wendy's lips, telling her that was what the teachers were doing.
 
*
 
Joy was still the driver on their way back, although Seulgi had proposed to substitute for her, however, Joy said she wasn't convinced by her driving skills.
 
Once in a while, Seulgi would turn around and check on Irene and Wendy. It was really not good for her heart, because the kids both had fallen asleep and leaned on each other. She didn't miss the fact that they were both gripping on the dolls tightly.
 
"So cute!" Seulgi squealed, surprising Joy in the process, and earned herself a smack on the back of her head.
 
Finally arriving at the address of Wendy's house, Joy turned off the engine. They carried the two students into their respective homes.