Caught [Bonus]

Kindergarten
About twelve years later...
 
Seulgi and Joy recently started their new job at Star Museum High School. Aside from teaching whatever it was they taught normally, Joy took on the responsibility of being the dean, while Seulgi the dance club supervisor—though her wife suspected the students would have to supervise her instead.
 
If one had to ask who Seulgi’s wife was... Joy would be pretty annoyed by the silly and unnecessary question.
 
Anyway, Joy had not anticipated to have to deal with students on her first day of work. She received reports of two students getting caught kissing in the hallway—granted, it was during break, but the school had a no PDA rule, and therefore, the students were sent to her for some lecturing.
 
“Bae Joohyun? Poor kid. Getting caught in the first week of school...”
 
The dean did not plan to do any scolding, after all, it was not anything rule breaking.
 
That was, until she met Ms. Bae Joohyun.
 
“Irene?”
 
Joy could not believe her eyes. Her second favorite student was caught making out with some... BOY. Then, what about Wendy?
 
“Ms. Park!” Irene yelled, surprised filled her voice. She had not expected to see her kindergarten teacher at her high school.
 
“Oh no, you didn’t.”
 
“Why are you here?”
 
Instead of answering, Joy started her hour-long lecture—at least it felt like a long duration. She was really sad Irene had sunk her second favorite ship.
 
“What were you thinking? Making out with a boy? Who is this Seungwan? What kind of name is that? What happened to Wendy? Don’t tell me. You probably did something bad. It is never her fault. How could you betray her like this? Oh no... Seulgi is going to be so sad!”
 
Irene wanted to interrupt. She really did. But her teacher had not given her a chance.
 
“Where is this Seungwan boy? I gotta give him a lecture and let him know the gravity of this situation... This is insane.”
 
“Ms. Park, I—”
 
“No, Irene. Stop. You have already given me a severe headache in this past five minutes.”
 
“But—”
 
“Shh.”
 
“I—”
 
“Sooyoung, look who I found!”
 
Contrasting Joy’s foul mood, Seulgi basically was leaping with joy and practically dragging a short girl into the office, whom Joy quickly identified as Wendy.
 
“Wendy!” Joy and Irene both called our her name.
 
“Ms. Park!”
 
Before Wendy could step towards Irene, Joy stopped her.
 
“Wendy, there is something you must know.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Irene, or perhaps I should say, Joohyun, was caught performing indecent act with a boy.”
 
Wendy looked at Irene curiously, rather than angrily.
 
Joy’s heart dropped, did that mean Wenrene was not a thing anymore, if she was reacting so calmly?
 
“I can explain.”
 
“Please do, now that everyone is here.”
 
“Wendy is Seungwan.”
 
“Oh, Irene, that is such a great excuse. Seungwan is a boy’s name. I am not dumb.”
 
“Wendy’s parents gave her a boy’s name.”
 
“Well, Wendy?”
 
Everyone’s attention was on Wendy.
 
“Irene is telling the truth.”
 
“WHAT?”
 
For the first time in twelve years, Joy learned both Irene and Wendy’s real names.
 
Her faith in Wenrene was restored.
 
“I am just so happy...”
 
“Me, too.”
 
No one dared to tell Seulgi and Joy that being so invested in their students’ relationship was weird.
 
**
 
The reason for this bonus chapter is that, I think more people need to read this story.
 
And like I always say in the group chat...
 
READ MY FIC