Fairy Tales

Kindergarten
Mr. and Mrs. Bae were afraid that their daughter was possessed by evil spirits at school, because when did Irene become so energetic in the morning? Not to mention, going to school?
 
"Wendy will be there!" Ah, that was why she was so excited about school.
 
"Actually, Wendy will be going to school with us." Mrs. Bae led a heavy-eyed fluff ball into the house.
 
Irene refrained from screaming, just barely, because she knew Wendy wasn't fully awake, she didn't want to disturb her.
 
They started to walk towards school, Mrs. Bae allowed Irene to hold Wendy's hand because they were on a sidewalk for pedestrians only. The mother let go of Wendy's hand so that she could take pictures of them.
 
Wendy's sleepiness was clearly visible, judging from her slightly-opened eyes, like Ms. Kang's. Irene guided her to avoid her from bumping into various objects, such as post boxes, street signs, and other people on the streets.
 
Mrs. Bae sent the pictures to the group chat the two families had created with a caption: "LOOK at these two CUTIES."
 
Mr. Bae: "JEALOUS."
 
Mr. Shon: "TT Is that Wendy and Peter Pan I see?"
 
Mrs. Shon: "Irene, please take good care of Wendy!"
 
*
 
Today's lesson plan was surely designed by Seulgi. She was showing the students how to draw a bear. Circle, circle, circle. Triangle, two curve lines, and a semi-circle. At last, adding the eyes. Voila! A bear was born.
 
She turned around to check on the progress of the girls. Irene drew a perfect bear, where as Joy drew a chicken, and Wendy was sleepy. She was bobbing her head during the class, sometimes hitting the flat table surface. In the end, her pencil dropped on the hard surface, made a noise, and woke the girl up for one second.
 
"Wendy, are you alright?" Seulgi asked worriedly. The little girl had always gone to bed early and never late.
 
Wendy nodded, yet it did not reduce the two teachers' concerns. They decide to take a break from the current activity and have snacks. Upon hearing the word snacks, Wendy rushed to her backpack and took out a plastic container.
 
"Irene, this is for you. I stayed up last night with mom to make them." Wendy placed the box on the table and showed her the contents.
 
There were several cupcakes, one of them with purple frosting caught Irene's attention the most.
 
"Aww, how sweet. May I have on--" Seulgi interrupted, and was immediately dragged away by an angry Joy, whom was scolding the bear for being oblivious.
 
The students shared their snacks. Twenty minutes later, a defeated Ms. Kang and a supposedly calmed down Ms. Park came back with two story books.
 
See bottom for links to the stories.
 
Joy's choice was Sleeping Beauty. Seulgi recalled Joy's childhood dream of being the villain and shuddered.
 
"The princess shall be the most beautiful woman in the world."
 
"What does she look like?" Wendy asked.
 
"Like me." Joy smiled, pretending to be Sleeping Beauty, however, she just resembled the Evil Queen.
 
*
 
"She knew that the princess must sleep a hundred years and would be frightened if she found herself alone when she awoke. So the fairy touched with her magic wand all in the palace except the king and the queen. Ladies, gentlemen, pages, waiting maids, footmen, grooms in the stable, and even the horses—she touched them all. They all went to sleep just where they were when the wand touched them."
 
"Why can't she just make the time pass more quickly?" Irene was confused.
 
"Child, she is not as powerful as I am. She can't even undo the curse." Joy sighed at the unskillful character.
 
*
 
"At last the prince came to a chamber of gold, where he saw upon a bed the fairest sight one ever beheld—a princess of about seventeen years who looked as if she had just fallen asleep. Trembling, the prince knelt beside her, and awakened her with a kiss."
 
"How much is their age difference?" Wendy calculated with her short fingers.
 
"I would guess a hundred years. He was probably born in the year she fell asleep." Joy answered.
 
"But they are legal, so you can't really stop them." Joy further added.
 
The students stared at her in amazement.
 
"Wendy! Sleep now!" An idea popped into Irene's mind at this instant.
 
"Why? I'm not sleepy anymore."
 
"I want to wake you up with a kiss!"
 
Seulgi was knocked out by the cuteness and bluntness.
 
*
 
"The prince gave the princess his hand, and they all went into the great hall for supper. That very evening the prince and princess were married. The next day the prince took his bride to his father’s palace, and there they lived happily ever afterward."
 
"I held Wendy's hand too, can I be her Prince then?"
 
"Why not."
 
"Can we get married?"
 
"Sure, in Canada, United States, many countries in Europe, you name it."
 
*
 
Now was Seulgi's turn to tell a story. She selected her favorite story as a kid, Cinderella.
 
"Why did you pick this?" Wendy questioned.
 
"Oh, I always dreamed to marry a Prince!" Seulgi squealed.
 
"Ha, never. Like, never. Maybe Goldilocks." Joy sneered.
 
"We'll see." Seugli challenged.
 
*
 
"They took her beautiful clothes away from her, dressed her in an old gray smock, and gave her wooden shoes."
 
"Oh my gosh, beat them to death, slug." Joy was enraged.
 
"Ms. Park, violence is never the answer." Wendy reminded.
 
"Ugh, right. Sue them then."
 
*
 
"Cinderella obeyed, but wept, because she too would have liked to go to the dance with them. She begged her stepmother to allow her to go."
 
"Why is her father never home?" Wendy inquired.
 
"Affairs, of course." Joy reasoned.
 
"Joy! Wendy, listen, she was joking. Her father was probably working to support the family." Seulgi corrected.
 
*
 
"Her stepsisters and her stepmother did not recognize her."
 
"Oh, they have technology like modern plastic surgery at that time? Cool!" Joy marveled.
 
"JOY! It's all makeup. Cosmetic!" Seulgi gritted her teeth.
 
*
 
"No one shall be my wife except for the one whose foot fits this golden shoe."
 
"But Wendy and I have the same shoe size. Can he really find Cinderella?" Irene wondered.
 
"Ha! How idiotic is the Prince!"
 
Seulgi cut a portion of the tape and silenced Joy.
 
*
 
"When she stood up the prince looked into her face, and he recognized the beautiful girl who had danced with him. He cried out, 'She is my true bride.'"
 
"So what was the use of the shoe? He remembers her face." Wendy said, and Joy gave her a thumbs-up.
 
"Yeah. I'm out." Seulgi replied, she finally finished the story. She refuses to tell a story ever again, with Joy next to her.
 
*
 
The two teachers, mainly Seulgi, decided to let the children to have a nap time, because the previous activity was too exhausting.
 
"Give up on your Prince, or whoever."
 
"Why?"
 
"Because there may be a Princess waiting for you." Joy left her an ambiguous statement.
 
"Why do you mean? Joy!" Seulgi yelled after her.
 
*
 
Irene was awoken by the commotion. She looked around and found Wendy sleeping soundly. This was the chance.
 
Irene quietly got up and inched her face near Wendy's. She observed the sleeping girl's facial features, repressing her urge to caress her face. Finally, her line of vision dropped on Wendy's pink lips.
 
Irene touched Wendy's lips with hers. They were sweet like cotton candy; soft like clouds; and entrancing like Wendy herself.
 
Wendy's eyed fluttered open as Irene distanced away.
 
"Hello, Irene. Is the room too warm? Your face is red." Wendy asked. She didn't know what happened, aside from noticing Irene's tomato-like blush on her face.
 
"No! I'm just, you know, I..." Irene stuttered.
 
"Time to go home!" Seulgi called out.
 
*
 
This time, Mr. Shon picked them up from school. Irene voiced out her inquiry she gathered from today's story-telling session.
 
"Can I marry Wendy?" Irene glanced up at Mr. Shon.
 
"Sure, but only when you two are adults. You two can go to Canada."
 
Irene leaped in joy, hugged a confused Wendy, and kissed her cheeks.
 
"I'm going to write a fairy tale of Wendy and me!"
 
Daughter-in-law? Concluding from Mr. Shon's smile, he would very much like that.
 
*
Note: Screaming externally and internally. Why is this so cute. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound conceited, please forgive me. I have gone crazy. 
Leave your ideas if you want to see a specific idea/scene! I will try to do it, if I can.
 
Sleeping Beauty:
Cinderella: