Fourteen Days Until Christmas

Kindergarten
Staring at the calendar, Joy sighed. There were still two weeks, fourteen days, or a fortnight until Christmas, yet her planner was still as blank as the decorations in her apartment.
 
Joy wasn't one to enjoy any jolly holiday per se, because she always celebrated alone, but this year was different. There will be someone by her side, she needed to plan something for Christmas.
 
"Joy, what are you doing?" Behind her came an abrupt voice, Joy immediately slammed her hands on the desk and covered her planner.
 
"Nothing." Truthfully.
 
"Oh, alright, break is over so we're going to write Christmas cards now."
 
Expressing feelings was never Joy's forte, especially verbally, but she was willing to try her best this year. She put her pen onto the paper and started writing, or so she thought.
 
Dear Girlfriend, too formal. Dearest Love, NO.  Dearest Seulgi? My Teddy Bear? HELP. Yes, please send help.
 
Joy scribbled something down and scratched it out the next second. Sensing that Joy was in a difficult situation, Wendy decided to step in and came to her favorite teacher's rescue.
 
"Ms. Park, you can draw pictures if you don't want to write."
 
Kids are crazily smart nowadays.
 
"Then you can say 'I love you' for a hundred times like I did!"
 
"Wendy, no."
 
"You love her."
 
"Yes, but the problem is--"
 
"It's a secret between us. I won't tell Ms. Kang that you love her. Maybe you can tell her yourself."
 
Too clever to be a kid.
 
"Then what can I tell her?"
 
"I hit you but I love you. I don't say it but I love you. You love me and I love you."
 
"Wendy! That is not me!"
 
"It is you. I can see it."
 
Irene was being secretive, she wouldn't let anyone touch her card, even Wendy. It made the latter even more intrigued about the content written in it. She sneaked around and tried to peek at Irene's card but to no avail.
 
"Irene, please?"
 
"You can read it when I give it to you!"
 
This would be the first and, most likely, the last time, that Wendy's pout didn't work. She huffed and walked back to where Joy was seated.
 
Irene didn't want to be mean and ignore Wendy, but she wanted to maintain an element of surprise.
 
"You better write well, or she will be disappointed." Seulgi advised.
 
Irene felt attacked by a sudden pressure and broke the tip of the purple colored pencil with the force she applied on the paper, ending her sentence in a weird state.
 
Wendy, I like your (er cookies).
 
"Irene, your 'w' is extremely round, like a '3' written horizontally. It's cute, although it reminds me of a posterior. I hope it is my imagination."
 
In return, Wendy didn't show Irene her card either, but she allowed the teachers to take a look.
 
I love you. You love me. We are perfect together.
 
"This looks familiar. Where is this from?" Seulgi wondered out loud.
 
"From you, Ms. Kang!" Wendy held up another card, clearly in Seulgi's penmanship.
 
Seulgi recalled the event, she passed out the cards the placed everything on the table, including her own. Luckily, Joy wasn't around, or else the fun of reading the message would be lost.
 
"Don't tell Ms. Park what I wrote."
 
"It's our secret." Seulgi and Wendy pinky-promised.
 
*
 
After they had finished with the festive cards, Joy suggested that they help decorate the school and prepare for Christmas. It was a request from the principal, not an attempt from Joy trying to steal ideas for her home.
 
Irene certainly had some wonderful ideas with those .
 
"Where did the supplies go?" Seulgi asked as she searched for the accessories.
 
"Ms. Kang, here." Wendy, her petite frame wrapped in purple decorations, staggered to her, afraid that the garlands and lights will fall.
 
"Thanks, Wendy! This is convenient, although some orange would be nice, Irene."
 
Note taken, orange.
 
"Now we just need to put the star."
 
Seulgi extended her arm that was holding the star. Irene and Wendy imitated her action and stood on their tiptoes. They lost their balance, crashed into each other, and fell. Irene ended up on top of Wendy as she was slightly taller.
 
Nonetheless, the teacher weren't aware of their little episode because they were focused on the task. The tip of Seulgi's fingers was one centimeter away from reaching the top, operation aborted, not yet. Joy aided her by pushing the star upward and it fell correctly in place as she retreated and let gravity do its job.
 
"All done."
 
*
 
Joy bolted as soon as the parents picked up Irene and Wendy, Seulgi didn't even have a chance to inquire if she needed a ride, but from the noise she heard, Joy didn't.
 
The customers in the supermarket halted in their tracks as a tall, black shadow, mumbling under her breath, rushed pass them. Joy didn't notice that she had gained the attention of them because she was busily rummaging about the shelves containing Christmas decorations.
 
"Why is there no orange!" Joy threw her arms into the air and almost tore her hair out.
 
"Miss, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that is not a very Christmas themed color." The brave staff informed her and gulped when she glared at him.
 
"I want orange. No, I NEED orange."
 
"I'll find it."
 
He came back with the left-over stock form Halloween. Joy ripped the words and figures hinting Halloween off from the products. When Joy paid for her purchase, she gave him a ten thousand won bill to thank his service. He accepted it since there was no was that she would allow him to refuse.
 
Just when Joy thought she was fully ready for Christmas, she realized what was missing.
 
"I'm gifting Wendy a purple hat, sweater, gloves, pants, and boots! Everything in purple! Everything in purple is mine!"
 
"That doesn't make Wendy yours. Or is she?"
 
"Then I can have Wendy as my gift."
 
"Gift. Gift? Gift! GIFT!" She scanned around her house, there was nothing that was present-worthy, aside from 'today', just like 'yesterday' was history, and now was not the time for boring jokes.
 
"No, I am the gift.." The orange ribbon hanging from the tree was calling out to her.
 
"I will be the best gift she has ever received."
 
*
Not an interesting chapter, but I want to write about the preperation. This is also a preview about the next chapter that will probably be posted on either 23rd, 24th, or 25th.
 
Random Question of the Chapter: English or math? I choose math.
 
If you haven't answered the past questions, you can also answer them altogether when you get the chance.