Favorite and Happiness

Kindergarten

This format is different, because I want to accommodate wenrene7743's idea of showing Wendy's feelings. I hope you don't hate it. No cute scenes. Sorry.

*

Wendy had a list of her favorite people in her head, however, it was increasing in length and her little brain could no longer recall it immediately. Her clever solution? Record it with a piece of paper.

Her parents were the first ones on it. They spoiled her to the end of the world, but Wendy did not and will not abuse her power, because she loved them.

Wendy would help out around the house, although she was only four years old. She knew the basic of most of the house tasks, and helped out when she was able to. She liked seeing them smile because of her effort, it made her feel happy.

Wendy wished everyone to be happy, yet Wendy knew it will not be possible for everyone in the world to feel the same happiness, but multiple little steps will equal one big step in the end, if you calculate it mathematically. Reasoning from her lemma, she formed her big theory: she will share joy, not Joy, mind you, with people around her, and when they repeat her action, the same happiness will spread among more people, and it will go on and on. 

It will be called operation "Happiness", she decided, and beginning with her favorite people.

So, back to her list, the second ones after her parents, also the second pair of persons she would like to share the happiness with, were her teachers, Ms. Park and Ms. Kang.

Some may wonder, why was Joy on the list, when she mistreated Seulgi all the time? Well, it was to hide her feelings for Seulgi, and what mattered was that she cared for Wendy, although she may not be showering her with affection, but she noticed every little thing about Wendy. Furthermore, Wendy just felt the urge to like Joy upon their first meet. She was not ashamed to call herself Joy's number one fan.

As for Seulgi, she was the complete opposite to Joy. She was action oriented. The bear-like teacher complimented Wendy and patted on her head whenever she had a chance. She also lended her shoulder to Wendy for her to lean on when she was tired.

Wendy's way to put a smile on their faces was to make them food, like cupcakes. Nonetheless, she would make calculation errors, and accidentally baked extra, which then lead to a quest for the last cupcake between the teachers. To settle the argument, Wendy always took the extra one.

The only problem was that the teachers didn't find out that it was gone after they finished fighting, or simply Joy winning, every time.

The third on her list was actually a group of people, the teachers and students from class "Lovely". They lived up to their name, really, because they were adorable and lovely.

One of the Ms. Lee's, Soojung, always had a stoic expression, but it disappeared and transformed to a blush whenever the other Ms. Lee, Mijoo, about almost anything, the most common being Soojung's height. Soojung easily shied away and Mijoo would not relent and kept chasing her. They did not seem like teachers at all.

The "Lovely" kids were truly saviors of Soojung. For example, they would purposely, Wendy believed, make a mess in the classroom, or whatever could distract Mijoo from Soojung. 

Wendy did not stay in the same class with them for long, nonetheless, she remembered suggesting songs to sing together. Everyone was content about the idea, because they all loved singing. Ms. Lee, Mijoo, remained calm, for once, when Soojung prepared the music.

The fourth on her list was Olaf, the character in Frozen.

Wendy originally had no clue as to how to make a fictional character happy, then she had an idea: do what Olaf does. For that, she gave hugs to everyone she saw. Olaf would be pleased, she thought, if everyone got warm hugs.

The fifth was her pet hamster, whom her relatives gifted her because they have too many newborn hamsters at home.

Wendy cleaned up its cage when necessary, fed it with food and water, and looked after its safety. She will never know if her hamster was smiling, nevertheless, she hoped that it was.

The sixth was the policeman guarding their neighborhood, the one who protected her family and the people in the neighborhood.

Wendy followed his advices and warnings, and never left her parents' or teachers' sights without permission. She also would not do things that was plainly dangerous. Basically, she applied her common sense in events of her everyday life, and took cautions of her surroundings.

The seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and so on, were people who worked in stores in their neighborhood. They provided services and goods to the residents.

She greeted them every time she went to the store, and politely thanked them when her parents and she paid for the products. Many would say that no one in the service industry showed sincere feelings, but Wendy beg to differ.

The last, and the latest person on her list, was Irene, as anyone could have guessed.

Her definition of favorite for Irene was different from everyone else's. Wendy could not pinpoint exactly the reason why, it was just the way it was. She could show some examples, however.

Wendy's heartbeat sped up when Irene was with her, and she felt nervous. It cut her words short, so she just listened when Irene spoke. 

Flashback to the time she was invited to the Bae's house, she recalled how Mr. Bae and Mrs. Bae mistook Wendy as being a shy kid, and she startled them when she gave a speech about the pros and deltas about the design of their new kitchen. Irene laughed, though, it must have been a funny sight. Her laughter died down, however, after a few seconds, and cried. 

"Wendy hates me. She doesn't talk to me."

It wasn't the truth, Wendy just could not find the words. She hated seeing tears, more so when they belonged to Irene.

"I'm sorry. I like you." Wendy apologized, and then Irene grinned, she seemed to have forgotten about the incident instantly.

Wendy will express herself more directly, if that would make Irene happy.

"Irene, you are beautiful."

Wendy could not take her eyes off Irene.

"Irene, will we get married?"

"We will."

Wendy could not imagine being separated from Irene.

"Irene, be with me always?"

"Always."

Wendy wanted to be with Irene as long as time allowed.

"Irene, I love you."

"Wendy, I love you too."

Please let them be together forever.

*

Hello, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and commenting. I have reached a hundred subscribers, and that is very exciting for me.

Question of the Chapter: If you have read my other stories, which one was your favorite? Mine was Superstar.

P.S. You can think of Power Outage as adult Wenrene if you'd like.