Fun and Trouble

Kindergarten

Idea from magicoflove, thank you.

*

Tomorrow was Seulgi's turn to choose a class activity again. She decided on another art class, since the last drawing activity they had wasn't effective because of a certain sleepy fluff ball. Seulgi informed her students about the lesson beforehand and Wendy promised to go to bed early.

 
"We're going to do finger painting tomorrow!" Seulgi announced to Joy like she had just thought of the greatest plan ever.
 
Joy thought Seulgi had gone mad. She was wondering if this was caused by the smacks on the head that Seulgi got from her. Would one more smack fix the problem? Joy tried, but sadly, it didn't work.
 
The next day, Seulgi drove them to the school while Joy watched. Seulgi set up the classroom while Joy watched. Seulgi welcomed and hugged the students while Joy watched.
 
"Is something wrong?" Seulgi asked.
 
"Everything about today is wrong. It is going to be a disaster."
 
Seulgi dismissed her comment. What bad thing could happen in a kindergarten with two cute little kids?
 
*
 
Irene and Wendy sat in their seats patiently as Seulgi placed the wooden palette and a set of watercolor paint on the table. Joy was, again, watching closely to her every action.
 
"Wait, watercolor? Is this safe? Did you check if they're non-toxic?" Joy scanned the warning signs on the box and questioned.
 
"Yes, Joy, unless they eat it."
 
"IRENE! You can't eat this!" Wendy yelled and snatched the purple watercolor tube from Irene's hand.
 
Joy's prophecy was coming true.
 
*
 
One of Seulgi's hobbies was to draw. She especially likes to draw bears since she loves bears, kind of similar to Joy's devotion for fried chicken, but Seulgi will not eat bears.
 
The teachers allowed the students to let their imagination roam free and asked them to draw anything on their mind. Taking the free time, Seulgi demonstrated her artistic skills by painting a bear. Joy, on the other hand, stamped a hand print on the paper and created a shape of a turkey-look-alike chicken.
 
"Ms. Park! Ms. Kang! Look!" Irene held up her paper for the teachers to see.
 
On the paper was a cloud of purple matter and nothing else. Joy's sweat dripped from her forehead, because she thought abstract thoughts didn't develop until twelve or thirteen. Her studies had failed her.
 
"Irene, that's very good, could you explain it to me?"
 
"Oh! It's our house, here is Wendy and me. We also have a pool..." Irene went on a rant about her masterpiece, referring to various places on the paper.
 
However, Joy just didn't understand her drawing. Concluding from Seulgi's expression, she didn't either.
 
*
 
"Ms. Park! I drew you!" Wendy handed Joy the paper.
 
Joy suspected that today's actual lesson was to play jokes with her as she examined the painting. There were a few problems with it: her height was shortened to Wendy's level; her kind personality was not depicted; and most importantly, her gorgeous face was nowhere to be seen. The only thing drawn was a scene of Joy hitting a bear, one that was possibly named Kang Seulgi.
 
Joy supposed that she should be honest with Wendy, yet she was staring back with those innocent, round eyes, which were clearly saying "pet me, I did well!" Joy almost wanted to kidnap her home, but it would be illegal.
 
Glancing back at the painting again, Joy was conflicted. Should she tell Wendy her real reaction? Or should she accept the drawing with gratitude and lie?
 
"Do you not like it?" Receiving no response from Joy, Wendy was on the verge of crying and choked on her words.
 
Not really, but you're too cute and I don't want to see you cry. I'm evil but I'm not cruel. I'm also not immune to cuteness.
 
"I like it. Thank you, Wendy."
 
"Thanks! Ms. Kang taught me how to draw it!" As Wendy revealed this piece of information, Joy's right hand clenched into a fist and nearly crumpled the paper.
 
Kang, you are dead.
 
Joy left the room to clear out her mind and Seulgi remained in charge of the class for the time being.
 
*
While Wendy was gone, Irene was constructing another idea mentally. She knew purple will be used, like always, but she didn't know what to draw. An idea ignited in her mind when she noticed that Wendy had returned to her seat and dipped her finger into the watercolor to start another drawing.
 
Irene popped open the watercolor tube, which she almost ate earlier, and squeezed a decent amount of paint onto her palm.
 
"Wendy." Irene called out.
 
Wendy turned around and felt moisture touch her face as Irene caressed her face. She was coloring her face with the paint, but Wendy didn't know that because she couldn't see her face.
 
"Irene, what are you doing?"
 
"Everything purple is mine."
 
"I know that."
 
"And I'm painting you purple."
 
Wendy followed her action and painted Irene purple, not blue.
 
"Why did you use purple?"
 
"Because you like purple."
 
Joy entered the room and as soon as she did that, she screamed out in horror like she was riding a roller-coaster, which distracted Seulgi away from her art. Irene and Wendy's attention was, too, focused on her, and they could sense that they were in trouble.
 
"Wendy! Irene! What happened?" Joy tried to be calm, nonetheless, she failed.
 
"Paint got onto our faces?" Irene proposed a possible idea.
 
"I'm sorry, Ms. Park. It's my fault." Wendy apologized.
 
"No, it's mine. I started it."
 
"No, it's mine."
 
"No..." Irene and Wendy argued who was the one at fault and tears flowed down from their cheeks, dropping purple paint on the ground.
 
"NO! It's MY fault! Don't punish them!" Seulgi couldn't stand to see her students being penalized and stood up for them.
 
"Yes, it's Ms. Kang's fault." The students said and pointed their inky fingers at Seulgi simultaneously, she learned what betrayal meant.
 
Sighing, Joy ushered the kids to her car and drove them home.
 
*
 
Mrs. Shon and Mrs. Bae were having afternoon tea at the Bae's, until their purple-faced daughters walked into the house.
 
"Is it Halloween?" Mrs. Shon's eyes widened from the unexpected scene.
 
"Almost, but not quite. I chose to send them home because it may be easier." Joy answered and did not elaborate on the details. Seulgi will be the one to do it, although there wouldn't be much to tell.
 
"Come on, you two can bathe together." Mrs. Bae lead the children into the bathroom, her movement was quicker than Joy could stop her in her tracks.
 
"Are you sure that they should bathe together?" Joy inquired when Mrs. Bae retreated from the bathroom.
 
"Irene requested, how could I refuse." The mother shrugged.
 
Joy heard Irene's, slightly devilish, laugh and Wendy's surprised yelp from the bathroom. It would be the best for she and Seulgi to depart from this crazy place, or else she would have rescued Wendy.
 
Not a good day, for me or for Wendy.
 
"Kang, you are going back to the kindergarten to clean up." Also, there are still tasks to be done.
 
*

Hello, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and commenting.

May I say that I think this is funny?

Finals are done, at least for me. Good luck to you all.

Random Question of the Chapter: What is your favorite color? Mine is red and black.