Conflict

Kindergarten
"Kids, we're going on a school trip! With your parents!" Seulgi announced, her hands holding up the permission slips for the students to bring home. 
 
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Apple Picking Trip
 
Location: Star Museum Kindergarten 
*The school will provide a bus that takes everyone to the apple farm. 
 
 ...
 
"Irene, this is going to be so fun! I love apples!"
 
"We are going to pick a full basket of apples together!"
 
Joy listened to their conversation and remembered something very crucial that she needed to remind Seulgi.
 
"You, don't bring your bear friends. We don't have enough seats on the bus."
 
"Hey!"
 
*
 
Irene returned home excitedly. The first thing she did was to give her parents the permission slip. 
 
"Mom! Dad! We are going on a trip with Wendy!"
 
However, as soon as they read the details, they furrowed their brows.
 
"Irene... I don't think we can go. We--"
 
"No!"
 
Irene's poor little heart was shattered by the disappointment. She could not continue listening to what her parents have to say, and ran back to her room and hid herself under the blankets crying.
 
Her parents knocked on her door and received no response. They opened the door and saw a burrito on the bed shivering slightly. 
 
"Irene, we would love to go, but we have an event at work on that day." Mr. Bae explained, although he did not expect her to reply.
 
Irene grumbled at his words. She understood that work is more important, but she really wanted to go with Wendy.
 
"I want to spend the day with Wendy." Irene finally said with a sniff.
 
"I could talk to the teachers and see if they can bring you without us."
 
"That is not the same without you two."
 
"Irene, we're sorry. Truly."
 
Irene did not say a word. All the parents could hear was her steady breathing. Assuming that she was asleep, they left the room.
 
*
 
Irene woke up with a stuffy nose. Her mood was the worst she has been ever since she had met Wendy. How serious was it? She was so upset that she did not even want to talk to Wendy.
 
She arrived earlier than Wendy did, since her mother needed to talk to the teachers, so she started to sketch on a piece of paper, imagining how much fun it would be if all of them could go apple picking together.
 
"Good morning!" Wendy, unaware of the situation, greeted Irene happily.
 
Irene just nodded in return and went back to her artwork. Wendy found her reaction weird, but did not pay too much mind on it.
 
"What are you drawing?" Wendy asked, glancing over the drawing.
 
Obviously, Irene ignored her. Wendy, thinking that she was too focused on her work, again, did not think much of Irene's lack of response. 
 
Wendy could see a grass field with a number of apple trees, and people were standing around the tree. She spotted two tiny figures sharing an apple under a tree.
 
"They are us, right? They're so cute! What do you think we can do there? Oh! Will we see animals? Rabbits, perhaps? They're so cute!"
 
Irene sighed loudly, glaring at Wendy. Her grip tightened on the colored pencil she was holding.
 
"Stop talking so much." Irene felt irritated and said. 
 
"Are you not feeling well?"
 
"No, I am not well because I can't go with you guys and you're being annoying!" Irene roared, slamming her hands on the table and broke the lead of her colored pencil. 
 
Wendy was taken aback by Irene's outburst. She fell backwards and grunted loudly. She scurried away quickly from Irene. 
 
The teachers noticed the commotion the two students caused and came to check on them. Judging by the two kids' expressions, they knew who was responsible for causing a scene. 
 
"Wendy, do you want to come with me? I have something that I need your help with." Seulgi led Wendy away to distract her. 
 
"Yeah, Irene you're going to take a walk with me and tell me what happened." Joy said. Her tone expressed how unimpressed she was by Irene's behavior. 
 
*
 
Joy and Irene went to the playground of the school. They sat on a bench and Joy motioned Irene to speak.
 
Irene mumbled a string of words with the speed of light, even Joy with her young ears cannot understand her.
 
"I'm sorry?"
 
"I yelled at Wendy because I was angry that I cannot go apple picking."
 
"That's right. What should you have done?"
 
Irene looked down at her feet, debating what would be the best answer to tell Joy. 
 
"I shouldn't have been mad at her. She didn't do anything wrong."
 
"What should you do now?"
 
"I don't know... Wend must hate me... I'm a bad person!"
 
Thinking of the worst case scenario, Irene started to tear up. She could not bear the thought of Wendy ignoring her, which was also what she had done earlier to Wendy.
 
"Unlikely. Wendy is pretty forgiving." Joy consoled Irene to calm her.
 
"We have never fought before."
 
"Irene, fights happen. Now, you should apologize to Wendy and explain yourself. Yes?"
 
Irene nodded in agreement. Joy's words were her only help.
 
"Good, now let's go find Wendy. She and Seulgi should be in the teacher's lounge."
 
*
 
Seulgi and Wendy went to the teachers lounge. For some reason, they were having tea and snacks.
 
"Ms. Kang, does Irene hate me?"
 
Seulgi spat out her tea upon hearing the question, because it was so ridiculous that even she thought it was ridiculous. It is difficult to explain, but an example on the same level of ridiculousness would be Joy being a docile kitten. What a horror would that be!
 
"No, Wendy! Why would you even think that?"
 
Wendy lowered her head, seeming to be in deep thought. 
 
"She yelled at me."
 
"No, Wendy, Irene can never hate you! She barely has enough time to love you."
 
Seulgi patted Wendy's head, assuring her that Irene held not negative feelings about her. 
 
"Is it true?"
 
"It is as true as you believe it, and how much you love Irene!"
 
"So Irene doesn't hate me?"
 
"Neve--"
 
Seulgi's words were cut off by another emerging voice. 
 
"I am sorry, Wendy!"
 
Irene launched herself and jumped on Wendy as soon as she burst into the room. Joy did not have time to pull her back and prevent her from crushing her full weight on Wendy.
 
"Irene?" Wendy stared at her in shock, surprised by Irene's sudden attack. 
 
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to be mad! Forgive me?"
 
"Of cour--"
 
"One moment, please!" Joy interrupted Wendy's reply.
 
A wired eyed Irene looked at Joy as if she were crazy.
 
"Wendy, you have to carefully consider forgiving her."
 
"Ms. Park! What are you talking about?" Irene shouted, but Joy continued. 
 
"Irene can be difficult to handle."
 
"I am not."
 
"Clingy, too."
 
"I... Hmph!" Irene could not argue with this. 
 
"But I guess she is pretty cute."
 
"I am cute!"
 
"Just not as cute as I am."
 
Irene tackled Joy and they began to roll around the room as the teacher tried to escape.
 
"Irene! Violence is never the answer!" Joy struggled on the ground while reciting her own famous quote. 
 
In the end, Seulgi pried Irene off Joy. The teachers were amazed and terrorized by her sudden strength.
 
While Seulgi checked on Joy, the students had their own conversation. 
 
"Wendy, will you forgive me?"
 
"Yes, of course I forgive you!"
 
"Do you still love me?"
 
"Yes, Irene, I love you!"
 
"I love you, too. Kiss?"
 
"Kiss."
 
Irene kissed Wendy like it was the most natural thing to do. Seulgi just couldn't help and smiled at them. 
 
"By the way, Irene, we are changing the date of the trip so we can all go." Joy regained her breath and added, but neither of the kids were paying attention to her.
 
"Yay!"
 
"Thanks, Unnie, for the late reaction."
 
"I've always been a bit slow."
 
"That's why you are a teddy bear."
 
"How cute am I on a scale from one to ten?"
 
"You a ten. However, you're one place below Ddeulgi." 
 
**Ddeulgi is the name of the bear Seulgi made for Joy in chapter 12.
 
"I shouldn't have made it so adorable."
 
"Don't worry. You're still one of my top two."
 
"If it matters, you are my number one."
 
"I wouldn't expect anything less."
 
*
I thought I should write a Kindergarten chapter. I DO NOT know if/when I will write the field trip chapter. It is unlikely that I will write it.
I do not know how I feel about this chapter, really, but I hope you enjoyed it.
Thank you for reading!