Free Day

Kindergarten

Short Chapter, enjoy. 

*

Today was Saturday, which meant that there was no school for Irene and Wendy, and no work for their parents. Taking advantage of the dayoff, the Bae's family invited the Shon's over to their house for brunch.

 

After they had finished the meal, the kids left the table to Irene's room with their parents' permission. The adults watched discreetly at the door as they played, until Mr. Bae's phone rang, signaling the start of the baseball match. They gathered in front of the television and supported their favorite team, not before telling the kids that they'll be in the living room.

 

Irene and Wendy sat on the carpeted floor, trying to look for things to do. It was Wendy's third time at the Bae's house, yet it was the first time she had stepped into Irene's room.

 

Stuff dolls were placed neatly alongside the bed, however, one particular one caught Wendy's eyes, because it was out of order. More specifically, it rested its head on the pillow, sleeping soundly like a baby.

 

"It's the rabbit you bought at the zoo." Wendy recognized that it was the doll that Irene had purchased along with Wendy hamster.

 

Irene nodded in confirmation.

 

"What's its name?"

 

Wendy stared at Irene, waiting for her answer, yet the latter remained quiet and seemed strangely agitated. The silence made both of them feel uncomfortable, in the end, Irene was the first one to give up.

 

"It's called... Wendy."

 

"Wendy? Why? It doesn't look like me. It looks like you."

 

"When I look at it, I think of you. And the real Wendy is not with me..."

 

"Do you want to have my hamster? When I'm not with you, you can at least have something of me."

 

"Let's switch, so we will have something of each other's."

 

Neither of them spoke afterwards, the room fell into silence once again, bringing tranquillity to them. Irene and Wendy remained still and maintained their eye contact.

 

Until Wendy yawned.

 

Irene grinned at such adorable sight.

 

"Nap?" Although Irene already predicted the response, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

 

Wendy nodded sleepily with her eyes half closed and let Irene guide her to the bed. After carefully laying Wendy onto the bed and tucking her in, Irene was about to leave and get a chair to sit next to the bed, but Wendy grabbed her hand and halted her in her tracks.

 

"Join me?"

 

Irene obliged, because how could she not answer to all of Wendy's request.

 

*

 

Irene thought sleep would eventually come to her, but she was wrong, very wrong. Her heightened senses caused her to be extra aware to every little move Wendy made. It wasn't that Wendy couldn't stay still, it was just that they had no space in between them.

 

"Your room feels nice. Your bed feels nice. Being here with you feels nice."

 

Wendy's words weren't helping with the situation either, and with her sleepy voice... Irene found her even more adorable and her heart was racing more quickly. Irene was glad that Wendy's eyes were closed, or else she would have seen her blushing red face.

 

"We will live together when we grow up."

 

"When we grow up and get married."

 

Weddings were a huge part in a marriage. Irene would hate to be like her aunt. Last time, she fell asleep at her aunt's wedding, because she could not understand what they were doing on stage. Irene hoped that their wedding ceremony will be grand and beautiful, but at the same time, interesting to watch.

 

"What kind of weddings should we have?" Irene asked, Wendy's opinions mattered the most to her.

 

"I like simple ones. We can make the place our favorite colors."

 

"It will be pretty."

 

"Pretty just like you."

 

"You're prettier."

 

"I hope our kids will be healthy just like we are, and pretty like you." Wendy kept reiterating the "Irene is pretty" part, Irene decided to give up on correcting her.

 

"How many kids do you want?"

 

"I don't know, but I want a girl."

 

"What should we name her..." Irene glanced up at the white ceiling and Wendy's breath hit her neck, creating goosebumps on her skin.

 

Irene noticed that Wendy's breaths were getting quieter and more even. She wondered if she was still awake. Irene poked Wendy's cheeks and received no response. She then proceeded to trace her fingers along Wendy's facial features, yet she still didn't stir a single bit.

 

"Wendy?"

 

"Yes."

 

"You feel so warm. Can I hug you?"

 

"Yes, Olaf says so." So Irene inched even closer to Wendy and hugged her waist.

 

"I like kissing you. Do you like my kisses?"

 

"Soft." Therefore, Irene kissed her on her cheeks and lips.

 

"I like you. Do you like me?" Wendy replied with a faint hmm. It meant yes, nonetheless.

 

"I love you, you know that, right?"

 

"I do."

 

Wendy's responses were getting shorter and Irene understood that she was falling asleep, yet Irene was interrupting her with the questions. She realized her mistake, flicked the light switch off, and off they go to their dreamlands.

 

"Sweet dreams."

 

"Dream of me, Irene."

 

"I don't need to, because you're here with me." 

 

*

Hello, thank you for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and commenting.

I'm here to bring you guys more cheese. The limit of Cheese(x) as x approaches infinity = Kindergarten.

Question of the Chapter: Do you like fluff? Why or why not?