Second Happiness

It Takes Two To Tango

        It was a freaking dance-off. 

        It was a FREAKING dance-off.

        It was a freaking DANCE-OFF.

        The first thing Soonyoung registered was the catchy upbeat music that slowly resonated in the classroom. The next was that there was a group of students standing near the door, to which Soonyoung figured were the talking that he heard before. He looked around before stepping in. The desks were all pushed to the walls of the classroom, leaving a huge space in the middle. About 6 or so boys were in the center and a couple or so at the back as well, to which Soonyoung couldn't see properly.

        No, what he really focused on was the sharp moves of the dancer taking the 'stage'. 

        When he stepped in the class, the 4 students near him finally noticed his arrival. They began to smile as they approached him. 

        "Hey, you're the new dancer, right?", questioned the american boy. Or at least, that's what Soonyoung was getting from the person's appearance. His accent-free korean made him doubt that though. Soonyoung settled on nodding. "Cool! You can call me Vernon. This is Kim Mingyu, Jeon Wonwoo and Choi Seungcheol, the hyung of the class", he pointed at each person respectively. 

        Soonyoung nodded and smiled. "My name's Kwon Soonyoung but everybody knows me as Hoshi"

        "Yeah, you've become quite the talk of the school", agreed Mingyu. Wonwoo nodded beside him.

        "But don't get cocky though, there's definitely others who can dance too. You might be really good, but there's always someone better. Someone who you least expect it sometimes", Seungcheol said and lifted his chin in intimidation. Soonyoung raised an eyebrow at that. Was that suppose to be a threat?

        "Umm yeah I know there's better people out there. In fact, I came to this school to find that someone. Someone who can challenge me and make dancing more worthwhile", Soonyoung beamed in determination. After a quick pause, Seungchoel all but dropped the 'intimidating' act. He smiled and nodded his head in approval. 

        "Good, better keep that mindset. Here, we're all geniuses in some way. Chan there is the maknae. Him and the two people closest to him are the performance type of people. Well, Junhui's more towards being an actor, but he likes dancing so he counts" Seungcheol gestured at the main people in the middle. Soonyoung whistled as he saw how well Chan was dancing in beat with the Micheal Jackson song. He also jaw-dropped when a curly-haired student made a flip moments later. 

        "That's Minghao-hyung, the B-Boyer", Hansol stated. The music changed as the boy struck his landing. Hoshi nodded along with the beat. Hansol saw the movement and tilted his head towards the center.

        "You wanna show us what you got?" Hansol grinned. "We're doing a show-off right now. The teacher had to leave minutes before, saying something about rescheduling a radio show? I don't know. He said to basically break the ice and have fun before the class start"

        Hoshi nodded and slowly moved towards the middle. Truthfully he was kind of anxious. Hell, he was more nervous in front of them than he was in front of ACTUAL judges in competitions. It's probably the fact that these would be his classmates, people he would spend countless of times with. The rest of the class noticed his presence as he got to the center, and made room for him. Chan smiled and waved. Minghao, who was currently in the center, made a 'pulling' move and Soonyoung laughed as he played along. He jerked his body as if it was being pulled by an imaginary rope. 

        This was where the beat changed again and Soonyoung got serious.

        He immediately pulled out his best moves and danced with precision. The others quickly formed a circle to see the dance prodigy does what he does best. As usual, he emersed himself into the song. Too into the beat and the music, Soonyoung payed little attention to the rest of the class, including the whistlings and the cheering of the students. He also didn't notice the door opening and closing. The teacher stood quietly at the entrance of the class before making his way to the music player, and started to scroll through the library.

        After a while, Soonyoung did his finishing move with a bam! There was about two seconds until everyone watching his performance clapped. Ryeowook changed the song so that 'Teach Me How to Dougie' began reverberate the classroom. The students stared at him to which he merely smiled. Ryeowook motioned them to continue doing what they were doing.

        Soonyoung started dancing first, as he was in the middle. After his part, Soonyoung moved out of the way and motioned for someone else to dance. Vernon quickly acted and started his dancing in his own free style. Minutes later, everyone was dancing and cheering. Even people who weren't dancers would show off a move or two. Soonyoung laughed so much that it hurt. He would also join in time to time, adding in his silly moves that people would copy, making everyone and the teacher laugh. This was by far one of the most entertaining class he'd been in. After 2 more songs, Ryeowook stopped the music. 

        "Alright alright, settle down class" The teacher clapped. The class groaned but smiled nonetheless. They can't be mad at someone who let them have a dance off in their first day of school. They quickly arranged the class to its original form. Soonyoung with other performance members sat at the first row, followed by Vernon's gang. Ryeowook stood proudly at the front of the class.

        "WOW that was amazing! You guys really are the geniuses of the school. Such talent, wow", Ryeowook awed. "Anyways, let's actually get to class. We don't have much time, but I've already seen your potential so we can't say it was unproductive, can we?". Ryeowook laughed as the class cheered. "I hope this year will be a good year for you guys"

        And class continued on. Soonyoung couldn't be happier. 

 


 

        2nd period and lunch passed by in a blur. Soonyoung be-friended some others from the class. Seokmin and Seungkwan were very funny, in which they appealed to his sense of humor. The three quickly became the Gag-Trio of the class, which Soonyoung found weird but welcoming. He's never been this open with a group of friends since a long time ago. Usually when people find out about his overwhelming talents, they would stay away because Soonyoung would shine too much. His classmates at Pledis High were different, because they all have a certain aspect that they shine with. Soonyoung also figured out that most of them had a name they were known for. 

        Seungcheol-hyung was more known as S.Coups, Chan was apparently Dino, Minghao unexpectedly was The8, Junhui-hyung's name shortened to Jun, Seokmin called himself DK, and Vernon's real name was Hansol. Err what? Exactly.

        Some of the nicknames fitted the people, but Soonyoung would much rather stick to everyone's real names. Except for Vernon's, Junhui's, and DK's, because Vernon wants to be called Vernon, Junhui is a mouthful and DK fits the guy too well. 

.

        Anyway, after lunch, there was a free period for Soonyoung. He decided to head to a soundproof practice room that was farthest away, as less people would be willing to walk that far. He was right when no soul was found in the practice room. Soonyoung took a quick glance at his clothing before heading to the changing room. He slowly changed out of his get-up into a more comfortable dance outfit. The dancer took his time because he figured that there was no rush. He hummed a tuned as he zipped up his jacket. Putting on a snapback backwards, Soonyoung smiled cheekily into the mirror before exiting. 

        He gaped. 

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

So how about that cliffhanger eyyy? We all know what's going to happen next *Smirks*

And sorry I didn't introduce Jihoon yet ... BUT I willlllll don't worry,,, I just felt the need to expand Soonyoung's personality a bit more before diving into the plot

ALSO THERE WAS A VALID REASON THAT THIS WAS DELAYED BTW. I wanted to be one chapter ahead for both of my stories, because it makes it easier to see the time line of things! And I think it makes the story flow better and have the content it needs~ (I swear it wasn't me being lazy or anything)

Sooo.... I made a SCHEDULE!! :DD

This fanfic will be uploaded every SATURDAY, so please be patient until then!

I will try my best to keep this promise, so feel free to spam me about 2 days before Saturday with msgs like: "Are you ready to upload the chapter?" "Yooo you should be finishing up that chapter of yours" "SPAMSPAMSPAMSAMPSPAM" "Is the chapter ready?" "I'm looking forward to it!" "Please don't disappoint me..."

... =______= Err about two of those are not like the others (They are welcomed nonetheless)

ANYWAYS, PM if you wanna talk, COMMENT if you want to fangirl/rant, and SUBSCRIBE if you want to know more~

THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3