Fourth Intermission

It Takes Two To Tango

        The next day was a B-day. B for Boring, that is, according to Vernon. It seemed like every other day, everyone would have regular school-based classes, ie math, science, etc. Only on A days would one find all the periods relating to one's performance skill. Since the days switch, B-day is noticeably dull in comparison to A-days. And no, Soonyoung is not just saying that because he wants to hurry up and have his first lesson with the pink-haired beauty already. He just wants to dance, really. 

        Soonyoung sighed and shook his head. Thinking like that won't make the day go any faster, he thought. But then again, I really wonder what would happen... I wonder if he'll be soft on me? I wonder if he'll think I'm cool for getting the dances right on the first try. Well, granted I already know how to dance but... HE doesn't know that I know how to dance so it doesn't matter... All I know is that we're gonna get together, get married, have   

        "17 kids"

        .

        .

        .

        "While yes the answer IS seventeen, I'm afraid  that kids are not the correct unit in this problem, Soonyoung", the teacher chided with a smile. Soonyoung snapped out of his thoughts and glanced at the problem at the board. He laughed aloud in embarrassment when the answer the problem needs would be among the lines of 'You would eat ________'. "I don't think people would normally eat 17 kids, do you?"

        "No Mrs", Soonyoung replied diligently. He rubbed the back of his neck and grinned. Being at the very front of the classroom makes it even worse as he can feel everyone's stares on him. It was first period and he had no one in his class. Well, no one that he knows off. He questioned why the other 1996-liners weren't in the same class, but maybe he was just unlucky? Soonyoung  didn't know.

        "Now, pay attention. You too, the one at the back! Don't think I didn't see you dozing off there!", the teacher scolded. Soonyoung sighed in relief when the spotlight left him. He was glad that he wasn't the only one in trouble. He would've given the other guy a supportive thumbs up, if only it wouldn't get him in another round of trouble by the teacher. In the end, Soonyoung settled on focusing on the lesson.

        Of course, with a small part of his mind dominated by Lee Jihoon.

 


 

        2nd period passed by in a jiff. The good thing about second period though was that Wonwoo and Jun, the other 1996-liners, were there. They sat near each other so Soonyoung wasn't lonely. He could live with 2nd period because of that, even though it's his most hated subject,

 


 

        Lunch was a whole different thing. Soonyoung sat with Chan, The8 and Jun in a table a bit far off the center. Vernon and the other Hiphop line had to do something during lunch, but they said that they're gonna sit with them from now on, so it was just them at the moment. They talked about their first 2 periods and joked around. Soonyoung told them about his embarrassing moment that morning, which caused the maknae to crack up while the other two just laughed. They asked who the guy was at the back but Hoshi just shrugged because he didn't know either. "Probably a delinquent", Soonyoung chuckled. 

        "Who's a delinquent?", Seungkwan said as he and DK sat down in the empty spaces. Followed by Jisoo-hyung and Jeonghan-hyung, who Soonyoung talked a bit with yesterday. Soonyoung nodded in acknowledgement at the newcomers and shrugged at the question. 

        "Just this guy who was caught sleeping in class by the teacher", Chan said brightly.

        Seungkwan snorted, "Sounds like someone we know, right"

        DK nodded, "Where is he anyway? Still in his cave? I swear he never leaves that place"

        Jeonghan intervened right after, "He's still working on a new song. Said he found some inspiration or something?"

        Jisoo shook his head, "That dongsaeng of ours. When he has something in his head, he won't stop until he makes it into reality. Only to either cheer out loud if it was a success or get annoyed when it doesn't turn out as well as he thought"

        Soonyoung looked back and forth between the members. He tilted his head. "Who are you guys talking about?" He was ignored though, when the vocal members start talking about the mystery guy.

        "Oh I think they're talking about Woozi-hyung", Minghao filled him in. "He's very popular in this school. More popular than you, I think"

        "Yeah, he's known for his composing and singing abilities. Some even say that he could dance.", Jun added. 

        "But no one has ever caught him dancing though", Chan rubbed his chin, as if he was investigating a tough case. "He's actually really scary though. I mean, he's nice to me, but then again, everyone is". Chan ended his sentence with a smile. 

        The table laughed as Seungkwan cut in and yelled, "Yahh you're not that cute"

        Soonyoung chuckled along with the group as they start spewing things about the maknae. Saying how he's not that cute and how his ideas were bad most of the time. Soonyoung came to the younger's defense though, saying that his dancing skills were insane. Chan smiled brightly at the compliment while everyone groaned playfully. 

        "Why do you have to boost his ego like that?", DK wailed.

        Soonyoung sniggered while everyone laughed. Soonyoung didn't know who this Woozi person is, but they're interesting from what the others have to say. Though right now, he'll happily focus on Jihoon. He'll just keep Woozi stored at the back of his mind though. 

 


 

        Period 3 is always free-period everyday. So once Soonyoung said all his goodbyes to his friends, he checked the clock before heading left.

        He practically raced to the practice room he was in yesterday.

        To dance, of course. What else would he be looking forward to this whole day?

        So no, his heart did not drop when he didn't see any pink-haired fairy in the room. No his mouth didn't pull down when there was no music to be heard. And no, his hands didn't clench into fists when he he was the only being in the room. 

        'He did say that we were going to have a lesson every other day. He must've meant A-days only. Man...', Soonyoung ruffled his hair. He went to the changing room to change. When he came out, he was slightly disappointed. 'What were you thinking? For there to be a repeat of yesterday? Get real'

        Soonyoung set his bag down in the front of the mirror and stared at himself. After some time, he got out his ipod and set it up to the music player in the room. Slowly but surely, a strong beat resonated within the room. Soonyoung's head started bobbing to the music and he danced with all his might. He wanted to be prepared for the lesson tomorrow so he can wow the pink-haired fairy. Something tells him that this guy wouldn't be soft on him at all. 

        'Tomorrow... Can't wait for tomorrow'

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

So 'tomorrow' won't happen for a long time. Heheh, that's right. Sadly I would not be able to update this fanfic for 2 weeks because winter break is coming up. I know most of you won't really look at the notes here so I'll put it in the next page.

Anyways, plot is moving along great! I think the pace will quicken after the next chapter, and then slow down again. I'll try to make it be as clear as possible, lest cause any confusion xD

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3