Sixth Talk

It Takes Two To Tango

        Days passed by quickly enough. After meeting Jihoon, Soonyoung realized that being in love was the best feeling ever. Better than winning competitions and getting hard dances right. Better than anything. And yes, Soonyoung was in love. Well, that's what his heart has been saying all these times. Even if it's not love, it's clear to see that Soonyoung liked Jihoon, he really does. They've become less awkward as dance practices go by. Soonyoun tried to keep 3rd period free every time, but sooner of later he was going to have to miss lessons some due to the recording of Music Honor's songs. Jihoon also has to start leaving early soon, according to Soonyoung's memory. He's probably busy, Soonyoung figured. He should probably ask. They HAVE gotten a lot closer, so it would probably not be too weird if he asked. 

        And that's what he did after their 4th lesson. It was easier for Soonyoung these few times, because the dance was getting complicated. Jihoon praised that Soonyoung was a quick learner, and raised the difficulty of things. He also said he liked Soonyoung's determination. Which did not make the blond blush. Not at all. They were in the practice room right now, currently trying to master the moonwalk. They spend more than 50 minutes on the moves before Jihoon called it a day.

        Soonyoung gasped for breath as he sat down. Jihoon finally complied to stopping for the day after much whinings. Man, he's like a dictator. 'He's not soft at allllll', Soonyoung whined inside his mind as he cries over his aching body. 

        Jihoon sat next to him and sighed. 

        "So, what's up?", Soonyoung questioned after a long silence. He realized that he didn't really know much about the pink-haired student, and would like to change that as soon as possible. 

        "Ahh, nothing much. I've been busy...", Jihoon trailed. He shook his head. "What about you?"

        "I've also have things on my plate", Soonyoung scratched his head. "There's this school project that I'm leading. It's kinda stressful"

        Jihoon quieted down at that. He whispered the next sentence. "I have a lot of stress and burden too. I know what it feels like"

        There was a certain frail tone that laced Jihoon's words. It seemed guarded. Soonyoung didn't want to comment about his statement, as Jihoon looked uncomfortable around the subject. Instead, he directed the conversation to a brighter topic. Inwardly though, he dreamed of the day they could openly talk about these things.

        "I see", Soonyoung cringed at his high pitched tone. "A-anyways, do you have any siblings?", he coughed.

        Jihoon seemed relieved in the change of topic, as abrupt as it is. "No, I don't... You?"

        "Ahh lucky! I have a little sister!", Soonyoung exclaimed. Jihoon raised an eyebrow at that.

        "Lucky? Isn't it better with siblings? It's kinda lonely being alone", Jihoon rubbed his arm. Soonyoung shook his head frantically. 

        "No way! She's so annoying! I swear she makes it her personally mission in life to embarrass me. Did you know that once she had her friends over and told them I was a hermit living with them? The nerve!" Soonyoung ranted and Jihoon burst out laughing. 

        "Aww how precious", Jihoon chuckled. Soonyoung huffed out a hell no under his breath, which caused laughter to erupt out of Jihoon again as he heard it. "Tell me more about your family! They sound like a blast..."

        There was that same underlying tone there, Soonyoung noticed. So he figured that he should stay away from that topic too. Soonyoung started recounting any funny moments with his family, including all his embarrassing moments. He wanted to make Jihoon laugh. He wanted to make Jihoon happy. He wanted to...

        BRINGG BRINNGGG BRINNGG

        The bell sounded. They lifted their heads at the same time and laughed at the synchronization. They smiled at each other afterwards. Soonyoung felt a sense of bittersweetness coursing through his body. He didn't want to go to class, he wanted to sit down and talk about everything with Jihoon. He wants them to be close, closer than he's been with anyone before. Which made him think of something. 

        "Say...", Soonyoung trailed after they both got up and ready to go. Jihoon lifted an eyebrow to prompt him to continue, and Soonyoung took a deep breath. "Wouldyouliketohangoutthisweekend?"

        .

        .

        .

        Jihoon blinked. "Sorry, what?"

        Soonyoung inwardly cries. "I mean, do you... umm... would you like to hang out... this weekend? I mean! If you want to, that is. Not just dance lessons but to get to know each other more" He ranted off. Soonyoung wasn't even looking at Jihoon's expression, thinking that it's probably something on the line of disgust.

        Jihoon smiled. "Soonyoung", he called, but it was unheard by the nervous prodigy.

        "Not that we're not learning more about each other right now but I just wanted to do it in a more personal way. Like hanging out as friends  "

        "Soonyoung!"

        "Wait we are friends right? Close friends? I mean, not close friends but friends. I mean we're not acquaintances  "

        "Soonyoung!!"

        "I guess we're kind like teacher-student, but we're still friends right? Yeah we are so we should meet up in the weekends because that's what friends do, right?"

        "KWON SOONYOUNG YOU KNOW I DON'T LIKE GETTING IGNORED", huffed Jihoon. He glared at the blond dancer, who realized his mistake and immediately apologized. Jihoon sighed, and his frustrations went away. He smiled.

        "Meet me at Adore U cafe at the corner near the school at 9am Friday?", Jihoon smiled. He got his things and left soon after. 

        Soonyoung let out a big breath after the pink haired boy left. He chuckled breathlessly to himself and covered his beet red face. 

        "Lee Jihoon, you little fox", he whined pathetically. "Not fair at all"

        After gathering his bearings, Soonyoung left the practice room with a full blown grin. Which faltered slightly when he realized that the day of the date-- err, hang out, was in 2 days, counting that today was not over yet. Soonyoung sighed. Another agonizing wait. 

 


 

        "No, that won't work", Chan nodded, as if it was a universal fact that Soonyoung's main point choreography for the song was wrong. THE Soonyoung, alias Hoshi, AKA one of the best dancers of their school who have come up with dozens of popular choreographies in the past, made a mistake. Soonyoung scratched his head at that, ignoring the sting to his pride. 

        "What do you mean?", Soonyoung questioned. He thought it was pretty good for their class.

        "It's going to look weird", Chan answered while looking at the spacing of things. Soonyoung felt a tick mark on his head. "I think this is better?" Chan said and he demonstrated the moves. Jun and Minghao nodded. 

        "It'll fit better with the whole class this way", Jun agreed. 

        "Plus it's much easier to learn", Minghao piped in afterwards, not noticing Soonyoung's betrayed gaze. Soonyoung shook his head and smiled nonetheless. 

        "Okay, you guys know our class's dynamics better anyway. You've been together for what, a year now?"

        The trio nodded their heads. They decided to just take a small break unanimously since the topic was much more interesting to them. The four sat down at the corner while the rest of the class danced. It was okay for them to sit down as they are independent of the class until the big performance. Plus they could always catch up. 

        "We started with the regular music class together, but then got moved up this year. Which was surprising for all of us because before this, only a maximum of 3 people got promoted. There was even years when no one went up to the Music Honors class", Chan explained. 

        "There were 3 people in our class that we all knew were going to get in the course. There wasn't even any question as to whether or not they were going to get in, they were just so talented and gifted", Jun continued.

        "One of them dropped out though", Minghao said sadly. "Anyways despite our chances being low, we decided to sign up for it. Just to take a chance"

        "And what do you know, we ALL got in!", Chan cheered, while doing a celebratory dance. Soonyoung was in awe at his friends. 

        "Woww, I didn't know that it was that intense!", Soonyoung gasped. The others nodded fervently. 

        "We had to go through some tough competition, because essentially anyone can join, even though they're not in music class before. That's why you qualified", Chan faked an annoyed look. Soonyoung laughed. 

        "Well, that makes me pumped up! Let's show the school this year's Honors class then!" Soonyoung punched the air. Minghao nodded and Jun chuckled. 

        "We have a lot of time to perfect it though. 3 months", Jun wrapped an arm over Minghao. "We're in charge of the performance aspect so we have to be creative"

        "Hey, is it okay if I take the key point?", Chan asked excitedly. Soonyoung couldn't help but nod. 

        "And I'll take care of the rest, then", Soonyoung smiled. He put his hand out with his thumb jutting out and motioned the others to join. He made Chan's hand close over his thumb and told the rest to do it too, forming a ring with their hands. "We can do this! 1, 2, 3, FIGHTING!!"

        "FIGHTING!"

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

Soo, how'd you guys like the chapter?:DD

Sorry it's a little short... :P Next one is gonna be long though~ I think~~

It's not ending soon, so I'd say about 5 chapters left? But then again I take a really long time in describing things so we'll see~

Oh and tell me if I make some spelling mistakes? I wasn't really paying attention to this chapter lol xD

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3