Eighth Wonder

It Takes Two To Tango

        It was like there was an angel in the cafe. A literal angel in the form of a human with light pink hair. The figure was engulfed in a heavenly sunlight. There was almost an etheral and enchanting aura around the figure. He was like a fairy, so small and cute. The figure was sitting so gracefully, bobbing his head gently to the music from his earbuds. Soonyoung was almost afraid to come closer. 

        He closed his mouth after a few minutes and gulped. What had his jaw dropping was the cute outfit that Jihoon was sporting. 

        Perfect Lee Jihoon was wearing a white long sleeve shirt that seemed a size too big with a mickey mouse design in the middle. He was wearing shorts and black sneakers. Jihoon just looked so cute that Soonyoung didn't even know where to start with complimenting him. He couldn't even talk. 

        It was Jihoon who noticed him first, and smiled once his eyes caught the other's. Soonyoung snapped out of his state and smiled (nervously) back. He sat down in front of Jihoon, who took his earbuds off now that he actually had someone in front of him to talk to. 

        "Hey", Jihoon greeted. "I already ordered for us. Hope you don't mind"

        "N-not at all", Soonyoung stuttered. Inwardly, a chibi-version of Soonyoung is hitting his head. 'Yah, get it together', the thought echoed his mind. Soonyoung smiled. "I don't mind. Sorry I'm late though, hope I didn't keep you waiting long"

        "No, you were only late an hour", Jihoon casually said, and Soonyoung widened his eyes.

        "Seriously?! Oh my god I am soo sorry!", he apologized profusely, oblivious to the mysterious smile that Jihoon was sprouting. Jihoon couldn't keep his laughter any longer when Soonyoung got up and bowed a bit. Soonyoung immediately sat down when he heard the fitful of giggles from the angel in front of him. He tilted his head in confusion. 

        "No-haha, I was j-joking", Jihoon giggled. "Sorry, just trying to lighten up the mood. You look like you're standing in front of judges in a dance competition or somehting. You weren't that late, I promise"

        Soonyoung sighed in relief. He beamed and laughed together with Jihoon. The joke must've snapped Soonyoung out of his worrying state as he started joking back at Jihoon after a while. Soonyoung complimented Jihoon's cute outfit and Jihoon replied by saying that he liked Soonyoung's beanie. They found a comfortable pace in their conversation, and started talking about their backgrounds a bit. 

        Soonyoung was in the middle of recounting his story about him and his friends back in middle school making a mess of the principal's office ("She was very close to everyone so she basically allowed anyone to hang out in her room"), before getting interrupted by a loud waiter. 

        "Hyungs! Here are your food! Sorry it took so long, Vernon was too lazy", Seungkwan rolled his eyes as he set the food down.

        "Hey, YOU were the one who didn't stop talking! Of course I couldn't work because I wanted to listen to you!", Vernon replied back. Seungkwan huffed but didn't reply. Soonyoung figured that he was too flustered at the blatant shout of affection. He could see Seungkwan's neck and ears turn red. 

        "Yah, get back to work!", Seungkwan hollered a few beats later. "Okay, gotta go! Eat up hyungs!"

        Seungkwan left after receiving nods from both his hyungs. 

        Soonyoung picked up on the last bit. "You guys know each other?", Soonyoung questioned, taking a bit out of his hot sandwich.

        Jihoon nodded. "We're childhood friends", he said shortly. Soonyoung can see that even though Jihoon doesn't show his affections, Soonyoung can tell that Jihoon does see Seungkwan as a trusting person. Soonyoung nodded and decided to switch the conversation a bit. He was curious so, "What's up with him and Vernon though?"

        Jihoon snorted at that and chuckled a bit. "What do you think? They've been dancing around each other since middle school. Aish, I told that kid that he should go confess but he never did"

        Soonyoung didn't know who Jihoon was talking about, both of the workers seemed close to the boy in front of him, but he didn't care too much. "Hmm, so they aren't dating then"

        "Probably never will, unless they need to. They're already close enough to be labeled as dating", Jihoon nodded. Soonyoung smiled lovingly. "Well, enough about them. Tell me more about yourself"

        "Me?", Soonyoung said. He leaned back a bit and scratched his head. "What do you want to know?"

        And that started a game of 20 questions between the two. Soonyoung learned a lot about the boy in front of him. He learned that the boy came from a well-off family and that he didn't like it when things doesn't turn the way he wants it to. Jihoon was a perfectionist who had a musical ear. His past, present, and future is music. 

        "I want to make people happy with my songs and my lyrics.I want the world to know who I am. When I grow up, I want to produce songs under a good company. Maybe be included in a group or something, I don't mind, as long as I make some music", Jihoon shrugged. "All I know is that is has to do with music"

        Soonyoung was amazed at that. Sure he knew what he wanted to do, but he never really thought about his future in details like that. He loved dancing, ever since he started to walk he started to moonwalk. Well, not really, but still. He picked up on it when he saw his cousin dancing. And just like that, it clicked. In elementary, he would show off his dancing abilities by doing covers. When he hit middle school, that's when he started choreographing his own dances to suit what he wanted to say. The best moment of his life so far was winning his first dancing competition in his 2nd year of middle school. He entered competition after competition, building a name and recognition for himself. That is how the Hoshi, prodigy dancer, came to be known. 

        But of course he didn't say that at all to the attentive boy in front of him, nope. "I don't really know what I want to do", Soonyoung sighed. It was half true, he wanted to be a choreographer but he also liked the idea of being more involved in music. Maybe joining a company wouldn't be so bad, he mused. 

        They continued talking and the subject shifted to everyday life. Soonyoung was glad that he managed to avoid questions pretaining dancing and all that. But sometimes he had no choice but to lie through his teeth.

        "What do you like to do the most? Other than doing music, I really like drawing", Jihoon smiled. 

        'Oh crap', Soonyoung thought, because the word at the tip of his tongue is dance. So he swallowed quickly and replied with "Video games", instead. Which again is half true, he does enjoy the thrill of video games, but nothing can even be close to dancing. "Yeah, I'm mostly in front of my laptop playing games. It... fills me with determination", Soonyoung laughed nervously. Jihoon nodded at that. 

        The hours go on and without them even knowing, it was almost 2 in the after noon. They spent a looonnnggg time in the cafe, just talking and having fun. Seungkwan and Vernon didn't disturb the two at all, they seemed so lost in their own worlds that Verkwan would've been ignored if they tried. It was Jihoon who noticed the time and frowned. 

        "I don't really want to stay here the whole time", Jihoon said. "But I don't really want to stop talking... er...", he bit his lips. Soonyoung had a mini-heart attack at the sudden cuteness overload and he shook his head.

        "Why don't we take a walk and get ice-cream", Soonyoung suggested. Jihoon's face lit up at that and he nodded. The two payed for their meals and left the cafe soonafter, ignoring Seungkwan's cheezy smile and Vernon's smirk. They stumbled across a park while walking, and found an ice-cream vendor. 

        "One strawberry-vanilla ice-cream and one mint-chocolate chip ice-cream please", Soonyoung said, getting out money from his wallet. Jihoon was sitting at a bench nearby, looking as pretty as a doll. The vendor smiled at Jihoon's direction. "No need, it's on the house. There were a lot of customers today already, just give the treat to the cute boyfriend of yours"

        Soonyoung blushed at that. "No sir, we're not b-boyfriends. And here's the money, you earned it", Soonyoung switched the ice-creams with the money and left, not before bowing and thanking the kind man. "Boyfriends... We look like boyfriends...", he thought dazedly. Jihoon smiled when he saw the frozen treats. 

        "Thanks, Hoonie~", Jihoon beamed. Soonyoung, on the other hand, blushed so hard at the affectionate nick-name. He coughed and replied back you're welcome. They talked more until the treats were eaten, and continued walking. Further into the park, they found a secret place hidden behind tall bushes. Jihoon noticed that some of the leaves were out of place, and when he swiped them to the side, it revealed an opening. The boys looked at each other and stepped inside. 

        It was like an echanted place specifically for lovers. The sunlight was poking from the leaves above, lighting up the garden beautifully. Yes, it was a garden, with benches on the side. It seemed recently abandoned, from the vines that were starting to enterwine with the benches. But not too abandoned that it made the scene creepy. No, it was like a beatiful getaway. Jihoon was marveling at the sight, while Soonyoung marveled at Jihoon's face. 

        He got out his ipod and a song. Jihoon looked back at him and smiled. "Do you want to learn how to tango?", he said out of the blue. 

        Soonyoung smiled and nodded, and they got into position so effortlessly as if they were meant to do so.

        And they danced. 

        They danced and danced and danced.

        Step after step, so smoothly as if they have already done so before. Jihoon unknowingly took the female's position, too swept by the moment to question Soonyoung's ability to dance. At least that is what Soonyoung was hoping for, since Jihoon didn't say anything at all.

        They were literally in their own world, just dancing to the music from Soonyoung crappy ipod. It felt really nice. 

 


 

        "I had a lot of fun today", Jihoon smiled. They were holding hands in front of Jihoon's house, since Soonyoung was adamant in sending the smaller boy home. It wasn't that late at night but he still felt like he wanted to make sure Jihoon arrived safely. And also because he didn't want to be seperated from the boy just yet. So they stand there, taking in each other's presense. 

        "We should do it again, sometime. Though I'm going to be pretty busy soon", Soonyoung said after a while. He was really sad at the prospect of not coming to the dance practices later on, due to the big event. But he was chosen as the dance choreographer, so he had to be responsible. 

        Jihoon nodded and looked down. It was as if he was contemplating something. He finally nodded to himself as a act of confidence boost, and tiptoed up.

 

        "Thank's for the date"

 

        Jihoon slammed the door shut, leaving Soonyoung gaping.

 


 

        "How was your date?", a elder feminine voice asked from the halls. Soonyoung closed the door properly and blushed. 

        "It went well, mom", he said happily. His hand couldn't help but gently touch his cheek. It still felt warm and soft. 

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

I worked on this for an hour. AN HOUR ONLY WOW

It's late and I should be sleeping but I had to update this. LOL.

This chapter was sooo mushyyy wowww I can't believe I wrote this haha

Yeah so first date, COMPLETE! Keep in mind that they're not boyfriends, yet ;) (I mean, boyfriends wouldn't lie to each other, no?)

Anyways yeah, nothing else really to say. I think I'm going to go over the chapter again tomorrow, so if it says updated! again, don't mind it.

Stay tuned! The plot will only thicken from here! You have the calm but the storm hasn't even started yet! :D

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3