Ninth Feelings

It Takes Two To Tango

        Dates passed by (in both sense of the word) and the Kshow is coming closer than ever. The choreography is done, as well as the music that accompanies each act. The next class everyone will meet to learn the choreograph. For the class right now, they were being called in for voice recording. 

        Soonyoung looked around, it seemed like everyone was focusing on their sub-units today. Jun and Minghao were taking a break and Chan was out recording so the performance team weren't active at the moment. The vocal line were hammoring out harmonies and melodies, yet for some reason it didn't sound complete. Soonyoung figured it was because of the nerves, since they don't have much time    a week and a half at most. His eyes sweeped over at the rap line who were spitting fire in their mikes. He nodded along with the beat and cheered at them when they finish. 

        They beckoned him forward. 

        "So, how's the choreo going?", Vernon asked once he took a huge gulp from his water bottle. 

        "Great", Soonyoung chuckled. "I have the layout of the dance down but I'll have to see who dances what part again"

        "Hey did Ryeowook-seonsaengnim tell you about the different case for prodigies?", Seungcheol suddenly said. Soonyoung widened his eyes and shook his head. 

        "Woah what case?"

        "Nothing big, don't worry. So you know that the layout of the show is something like this right?:

Intro - Everyone (Song: Taste & Bed Breaker)

Vocal Unit (Song: Adore U)

Hip Hop Unit (Song: Mansae)

Performance Unit (Song: OMG)

Everyone (Song: Shining Diamond)

Ending

        "We just have to do something extra at the end. I'm going solo, but if you want you can collaborate. But he's always busy so I don't know about that. Anyways, just prepare something, dancing probably", Seungcheol smiled, patting Soonyoung's back comfortingly. "Don't worry, it's not so hard"

        "Yeah... Thank's for the heads up", Soonyoung said. Lessons with Jihoon flashed by his mind and a specific dance stood out from the rest. 

        "The teacher probably forgot that you weren't part of the class last year. All of us were already told last year about this"

        "All of us... You're one of the prodigies too?", Soonyoung asked, embarrassed that he didn't know before. "Sorry I didn't know"

        Seungcheol waved off his apologies, and grinned. "I didn't tell you so how would you know? Haha, yeah, I'm a rap prodigy. Didn't know I had such a gift when I first started out in this school, since I auditioned with a singing skill. Then as time goes on I took interest in rapping and here I am. There were 3 of us, but one dropped off. He was more into acting anyway. The last one, I don't think you've seen him before. His name is  "

        "Kwon Soonyoung it's your turn for recording!", Chan hollered as he entered the class. Soonyoung nodded his head at the other dancer and motioned to leave. Seungcheol waved him off. The rest of the hip hop unit gave thumbs up as support.

        "Don't be intimidated when you see the composer! He's a snappy one!", Minggyu called out after him. He replied "okay" in the same manner. 

 


 

         Soonyoung went into the recording room, feeling more antsy than usual. The composer, would he finally be meeting the wonderful Woozi? He went in with a small, "Hello, please take care of me", before standing straight as no one was in sight. "Umm, Woozi?"

        "Please go to the mini booth you see on your right", a computer generated voice came on. Soonyoung leaned back a bit. What?

        "Please go to the mini booth you see on your right", the sentence repeat, and Soonyoung finally snapped out of his daze. He walked into the booth and shut the door. 

        "Hello my name is Woozi. This is not my actual voice but I have caught a cold yesterday so my voice cannot work. I decided on using a voice app in the end", Woozi said. Soonyoung nodded, it made sense. "I hope this would not be a problem for you"

        "No no, it's fine", Soonyoung said. He really didn't mind. The mini-booth was closed off, and there was a mike and headphones in front of him. He put the headphones over his head. Soonyoung looked around, the voice seemed to be coming from in front of him, if the shadow is saying anything. He couldn't see the person behind the desk but from what he could tell the person was short from the silhouette of the person. He didn't get to analyze more of the person when music started pouring from his headphones. 

        "Let's get to recording then"

        5 minutes into the session and Soonyoung was already yelled at twice. The robotic voice makes it sound much mild that it should be and Soonyoung was glad about that. But the monotone voice did nothing to reduce the sting he felt whenever Woozi found a slight mistake in his singing. Seungcheol was right, this guy is a dictator and he is ruthless about it.

        (His mind flashes to Jihoon at one point, but then again, when was he NOT thinking of the pink haired fairy?)

        After the session was over, and Woozi was FINALLY satisfied, Soonyoung felt the energy just zapped from his figure. The guy hadn't even complimented him once, and Soonyoung was feeling a combination of sad and angry. But when he went to the door to call out Seungcheol, the robotic voice called out. 

        "You did well, thank you for being placant"

        Soonyoung can't help but beam. 

 


 

        It was now the third period, his dance lesson with Jihoon, that is. They've went on many dates   Hangouts, because dates signifies lovers and he hadn't picked up the courage to ask Jihoon out yet. Knowing the other person, Soonyoung was sure that he has to make the first move. They had to cut their dance lessons short sometimes, due to the Kshow. 

        For the past lessons, they've been trying to learn how to tango. And now they have learned it sufficiently so that they can do it without stopping. It was just the basic movement but Soonyoung felt that just being close was enough. 

        Their bodies were right against each other and the music around them guiding their footsteps. The room was dimmed slightly, giving of a romantic air around them. They stare into each others eyes, and each step, each breath, was one they both shared. It was as if the dance was made for them. The light of the room does Jihoon some justice. It made him seem more bright, like a halo surrounding the smaller one. Soonyoung was suddenly hit with all kinds of feelings. 

        Man, he really really likes Jihoon. 

        Likes his (bad) jokes, the confident way he dances, the height of the dancer (because it's easier to hug him this way). Everything. His way of talking, his way of walking, hell, the way he breathes is something Soonyoung finds precious. 

        Soonyoung really wants to confess. 

        As he spun his crush, he brought them together and they stopped for a second. A second that seemed to hold ethernity. 

        "Jihoon, I have something to tell you. I  "

        "Sorry I have to go", Jihoon interrupted. He broke off from the formation and took his things. "I.. I have to go"

        And that was all he said before he took off hastily. 

        Soonyoung stared confused at the teen. 

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

LOL I am late. Haha... ha... To be frank I forgot complete that yesterday was Saturday. That's because I didn't do anything on Friday so my mind just forgot that day existed and so I thought yesterday was Friday OTL. 

Sorry. I am sooo sorry. 

Though I know people will skip this and go to the next chapter (Yes double update!), I still have to have a note somehow. This is my form of communication with the readers who do not comment! Oh and for those who did and told me not to worry from last update, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I ENDED UP FAILING THE TESTS BUT THANK YOU!

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3