Fifth Song

It Takes Two To Tango

        Light peneltrated from the blinds and onto the figure currently sleeping in bed. The room was silent except for the tics of the clock and the light snores of the figure on bed. Autumn winds streamed through the opened windows and chilled the room. The figure tensed and shifted in their position. The birds were tweeting sweetly outside the room. All was calm. 

        BRINGGG BRINGGG BRINGGGGGG

        Soonyoung slammed his hand on the alarm clock next to him. He sat up straight and paused. 

        1 beat

        2 beats

        3 beats

        "WAHHH TODAY'S THE DAY!", he screamed as he tore of the blanket from his body, as if the blanket itself was made out of lava. He scrambled to collect his clothes and dashed to the bathroom to do his morning routine. He didn't leave until a solid 45 minutes went by, coming out of the bathroom with the looks of a model. Soonyoung checked his appearence three more times, and nodded. He brought with him his most comfortable yet stylist dance outfit and hurried downstairs for breakfast. 

        He found his family in the middle of their meal. His mother lovingly wiped food from his dad face and Soonyoung cringed as he sat down. "What was that you were shouting before?", his dad asked.

        "Oh it's nothing"

        "As if! He said that today's the day", Soonyoung's annoying little sister piped up from the seat in front of him. Soonyoung glared at the girl. 

        "Oh, what's today dear?", his mother asked. 

        "Nothing, it's nothing really... Just a dance practice" Soonyoung coughed into his hand. The light flush from his face didn't go unnoticed by his sister's keen eyes. She smirked at him. 

        "Nothing, ehh? Really now?", the sister hummed. "Anyways dad, you're dropping me off to middle school yeah? It's too far to walk. I almost didn't make it on time"

        Soonyoung frowned. Something was wrong. 'Why didn't she continue her interrogation?', he thought. His sister was the nosy type, always wanting to know everything about everything. Usually she would continue firing off questions after questions until she was satisfied with the answer. Knowing this, Soonyoung was suspicious. Her sister glancing at him with the corner of her eyes didn't soothe that feeling at all. Her questionable smile made it worse. 

        Soonyoung got up as he realized he should get going. He bid his parents and a devil-of-a-sister goodbye and started marching to school. He put his headphones on and tried to relax. The buzzing feeling of excitement pumps his body. 

 


 

        Soonyoung huffed as he reached the school. Again, he forgot about time and got himself distracted along the way so he had to run the remaining time. Near the gate stood Seungkwan and DK. Soonyoung smiled and yelled to get their attention. They talked for a bit before heading to their first period class.

        The class was already full by the time they got there. Granted they only had like 2 minutes left until the bell rings, but whatever. Soonyoung's just glad that he was at school on time again.  He sat at the very front with Seungkwan and DK. They made jokes to each other while waiting for the teacher to come in. He also chatted with the rest of the class. 

        The door slid open and Ryeowook popped in with a smile. He apologized for his tardiness as he got preoccupied with something. He didn't really elaborate, so Soonyoung figured it was about his radio business. Ryeowook stood in front of the class and collected his papers. 

        "The school decided that they want to view your skills more closely, so it's easier for them to do what's best for you. Well, that's what they say but really, they just want to see how good the honors class this year is. I know you guys are amazing, such raw talent this year. So we'll blow their socks of, yeah!" Ryeowook smiled, which prompted the class to clap and cheer in response. "The way they want to evaluate you guys is by making you guys perform at the KShow, which will take place in a couple of months. They want you to split off into groups that are specific to your talents as well as prepare a big performance to showcase all that talent"

        Everyone stared at each other, not sure of how to take the news. It was fine if it's individual, but as a group, no one wants to burden anyone else. But they can't shake the feelings of excitement coursing through their bodies. It would be really really fun to work together, no one can deny that.

        "So I think... wait, no. You guys should make your own groups" Ryeowook said. He looked over the class and smiled. "Don't worry about the songs, Woozi said he got us covered"

        'There it is again', Soonyoung thought. 'Woozi...'

        But he didn't have time to ponder over it properly as Dino ran up to him. Ryeowook gave them the rest of the period to make their groups and to talk things over. "So hyung! I was thinking... Me, you, Minghao-hyung, and Jun-hyung should make our own group! And since you're the dance prodigy, you can choreograph the dances! I can help!"

        Soonyoung blinked and grinned. "Sure! Does that mean I'm the leader of the group then?", he teased. He was shocked when Minghao and Jun nodded. "You guys don't mind?"

        "Not really", Minghao smiled. "As long as you showcase my b-boying skills"

        "Of course! This is such an honor!", Soonyoung gasped dramatically, which caused the other boys to laugh. He hummed as he scanned his groupmate and the other teams. He could see Vernon, Seungcheol-hyung, Wonwoo-hyung and Mingyu in the corner, so it's safe to say that they're the hiphop unit. Seungkwan and DK joined the other hyungs of the class, and from what Soonyoung knows about each of them, the thing they have in common would be their angelic voices. So that would be the vocal unit. Soonyoung thought about his own group, and what kind of unit they make. 

        Then, Chan snaped his fingers in an 'aha' kind of way. "Dance unit!", he grinned. Minghao and Jun nodded and clapped at Chan's ideas. He puffed out his chest in pride. Soonyoung rolled his eyes playfully. 

        "I don't know... Just dancing? I'm pretty sure you guys have some good voices too.." Soonyoung said. Chan pouted at that but nodded his head in agreement. "What about... Performance Unit?"

        The sparkles in their eyes gave Soonyoung all the proof that they agreed. The rest of the period was spent figuring out what they want to show. They only had that time period for discussing the Big Project, as they'd like to call it. 

 


 

        Nothing really happened in 2nd period and lunch time. They were all excited for the Big Project and couldn't help blabbing about what would happen. Would they get famous? What if the big companies saw them and scout them? Should they sing this or dance to that?

        Those were the questions everyone thought about. Everyone except Soonyoung that is. No, he was too busy thinking of someone.

        'After lunch... Hurry up clock'

 


 

        He ran once again to the practice room. 'Wow, three times in a row? Not to mention all the running I do in the morning and my dance class 4th period... I must be loosing a lot of weight'

        Soonyoung paused when he saw that no one was there. He felt the same sense of crushing disappointment surfaced, but he swallowed it down. This wasn't like last time, today he will be there. Soonyoung head to the changing room and came back rather refreshed. He calmly put his bag down and started warming up. He stretched his back, arms and legs. They've gotten so sore due to all the constant running he's been doing. He started to lightly shuffle his feet, not really thinking of anything. He did some simple feet movement and looked down when he got wrong. 

        "Are you sure you can't dance? You look very prepared", a voice resounded the room. 

        Soonyoung snaped his head up and stared into the mirror at the figure behind his shoulder. Lee Jihoon. The pink-haired boy raised an eyebrow as he leaned agaisnt the door cooly. Soonyoung cursed inside his head. He hoped that Jihoon didn't see what he was doing. It would be horrible if Jihoon found out that he lied! What do you do when you made a big lie? Add another to cover it of crouse. 

        "No, I just don't want to make a fool out of myself in front of you, that's all. You're an amazing dancer", Soonyoung rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. He bit his tongue in his mouth. 

        Jihoon merely chuckled at that and smiled. He head to the changing room swiftly. Soonyoung looked himself in the mirror and reminded himself to breath. It was only Lee Jihoon, the cute dancer that shuffled into his heart. No biggie...

        "Yes biggie", Soonyoung pulled on his hair like a madman. He quickly removed his hands and leaned against the mirror when he heard the door opening. His act of coolness lasted about two seconds before he slipped off the mirror and fell. Soonyoung quickly jumped upright. If Jihoon noticed anything, he didn't show it. Jihoon slowly walked to the back of the dance studio to the sound system and plugged in his music device. A slow beat sounded throughout the practice room, with Jihoon bobbing his head to the melody. 

        "Let's try some easy steps", Jihoon started. He showed a piece of choreography in front of Soonyoung. After the fairly easy movements, Jihoon turned and motioned for the blond to copy. Soonyoung nodded. He went through the motion normally, with some breaks in between as he 'forgot' the moves. This would prompt Jihoon to show it again, and Soonyoung would nod as if he hadn't seen it a million of times. After he 'finally' got it right, Soonyoung mused over the thought of confessing his lie. Jihoon's big proud smile stopped him from saying anything though. 

        "Wow, you caught on pretty quick", Jihoon clapped. 

        "It was easy enough", Soonyoung sniffed, trying not to be too prideful. Jihoon raised an eyebrow at the challenge. 

        "I thought you can't dance", Jihoon hummed, tone light so that it can't be taken as an accusation. Hoshi thought otherwise. Because he's paraniod. 

        "I can't! Really! That was my first time doing that choreography!", Soonyoung raised his hands in defense. 'Which does have some truth in it. I know the specific motion but not THAT choreography', he thought stubbornly. Jihoon chucked.

        "Yeah I know, I was just joking around. You look like you have two left feet sometimes", the pink-haired dancer laughed. 

        Soonyoung pretended that it didn't bruise his dance pride and asked for Jihoon to continue. He was glad that they were only doing easy steps, because the harder the choreograph is, the more Soonyoung actually want to get right. Jihoon would make a move and Soonyoung would attempt to copy. It continued on before almost a bit of time was left for third period. Jihoon and Soonyoung panted.

        It was actually really hard to do something you've done all your life but doing them imperfectly, Soonyoung found. During every choreography, he had to remind himself that he couldn't do it right the first time. He had to make mistakes and stumbles in order to look normal. He was so focused in messing up that he actually did mess up.

        Soonyoung tripped and fell.

        On his cute dance instructor. 

        Which caused them both to sprawl on the dance floor.

        .

        .

        .

        "I'm so sorry!", Soonyoung apologized on top of Jihoon. The other didn't say anything back, and just stared, shellshocked, at the blond. The silence continues on with them just staring into each others eyes. All thoughts just flew out of Soonyoung's mind as he stares into the deep chocolate eyes of the fair pink-haired dancer. 

        BRING BRING BRINGG

        They both jumped when the bell rung. Soonyoung immideately got out of the compromising position they had and blushed hard. He stuttered out apologies, which was acknowledged by the smaller student. "I-it's okay", Jihoon coughed. "We all make mistakes anyway"

        "Ahh yeah, but umm... Sorry", Soonyoung winced at the awkwardness of the atmosphere. "Thanks for helping me with this"

        "No problem", Jihoon said as he picked up his bag. He left, not without saying the words that'll keep Soonyoung up at night with excitement.

        "Good job"

        He gaped at the compliment as the smaller student left. Soonyoung swore that before leaving, Jihoon's ears were red. 

        He smiled. He was falling harder than he thought. 

        Well, he doesn't mind. As long as Jihoon doesn't find out, he'll be fine. 

        Won't he?

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

So I'm back from my trippp and I will now be replying to messagesss and commentsss and friend requestsss and work on my storiesss and cry because school is happening in 2 daysss.

Ahh I really don't want to go back to school... Turkey plz take me back ;-;

Haha yeah so my trip took place in Turkey xD It was AWESOME! Turkey is AWESOME! OMG I miss it already xD

I had a LOT of fun! Highlight of the trip: Playing with snow! | Regret: Not riding the hot air balloon due to fog when it was RIGHT THERE in front of our eyes (It was cancelled while we were waiting) :C

Anyways, I'll be continuing with this fic now^^ 

[Btw, if you're interested in Verkwan, I wrote a oneshot around that couple during the trip: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1067484/fanfiction-come-to-life-seungkwan-idolverse-vernon-verkwan-fanfictionau]

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3