Eleventh Text

It Takes Two To Tango

        Jihoon fell in love at first sight on November 16, 2015. It was a weird and new experience for him. He had never been so speechless, so touched, so flustered, like god dammit why are there butterflies in his stomach all of a sudden. It scared the crap out of him at first because he's never experienced the feeling before. It was his first fall at love and he was crashing fast. He couldn't think straight, because figure before him was perfect. Cool, handsome, charming, all rolled into one figure with blonde hair that Jihoon can't help but feel the need to go through. The dancer was moving so beautifully and Jihoon could feel himself being taken by the new guy. He shook his head to snap out of his haze and left the classroom in haste. Thankfully, the dancer did not register the slamming of the classroom door to be his action.

        As soon as Jihoon left, he bumped into Ryeowook-sansaengnim. After apologizing profusely, Jihoon blurted out that he wasn't going to be coming to first period anymore, because he wanted to work on the songs (despite the fact that most of them were almost done). The teacher thankfully allowed it, and so Jihoon felt relieved that he doesn't have to deal with the weird emotions anymore. This was his second happiness, after the knowledge that he got chosen as the composer of course. 

        The relief he felt before was short-lived, so to say. As far as Jihoon could tell, Practice Room 17 was abandoned. It was situated at the farthest building from the main center    a definite inconvenience to a lot of people who want to practice quickly, and he was sure everyone forgot the place existed. The room became somewhat of his sanctuary to Jihoon other than his cave. The reason was because it was the place where Jihoon could dance to his content without anyone watching. Woozi was known as the singer-songwriter and composer of the school. That title already took away many opportunities for other students to shine. No way was he going to take away dancing from the students too. That's why he never showcased his dancing skills. But going back to the main point, no one was suppose to know the room existed. So why was the newbie here? Jihoon, caught of guard, kept quiet. He didn't want to initate anything, as this was their third meeting after all. Well, it was the first official meeting, but third in the sense that Jihoon saw him in first period, lunch, and now in Practice Room 17. Jihoon didn't know what to say. When the other denied the fact that he dances, Jihoon found himself intrigued. How was this going to play out? The other can definitely dance, better than Jihoon in fact, so why does the other insist that Jihoon be his teacher? And that he can't dance? Jihoon, wanting to see how things will play out, agreed to the request. Kwon Soonyoung was cute. 

        That night he barely got any sleep. He will never admit to thinking of a certain dancer, nope, that is something he will take to his grave. It was understandable then, if he got some shut eye during the first period of B-day. Math was something that Jihoon found easy, so he considered this period a break. It was during the fourth intermission of his nap that he suddenly realize that he shared the same class with the blonde. He wouldn't have known that if it weren't for the laughter that woke Jihoon up. Jihoon didn't know what to do about this, so he set his head back down again and tried not to let his reddened face show. Damn, why is Soonyoung so cute. He pretended to sleep when the teacher called him out. 

        The next day was the first training day. Jihoon decided to pick out an easy choreography. He wanted to see how Soonyoung would react. Surprisingly, the other was good at lying. It was at the of the end of the fifth song was when Soonyoung accidentally fell on top of Jihoon. Jihoon could swore that all thoughts flew his mind and that he never saw such dreamy eyes before. The bell that rung snapped them both out of their haze. Jihoon quickly left with a red face. In all honesty, Jihoon was planning on exposing Soonyoung of the lie in a nice way    Something like, "hey I know you're a good dancer. You don't have to pretend, let's just hang out     but because of that scene Jihoon completely forgot.

        Days passed by and Jihoon still couldn't muster up the courage to say something. The two of them had already settled into a nice routine, and Jihoon was scared that Soonyoung might hate him if he found out that Jihoon knew from the very beginning. Soonyoung might question why Jihoon didn't say anything while Jihoon himself doesn't know the reason. Maybe Jihoon just wanted to be close with Soonyoung without going through the awkward acquaintances to friends part? Maybe he wanted to show off his dancing skills to Soonyoung? Maybe, having this close relationship was something Jihoon wanted all along... Jihoon didn't know. All he knew was that he wanted to be closer. The day he found out more from Soonyoung was the day they had their sixth talk. Jihoon had been counting all the times he talked to the blonde, taking note of how much they conversed. He was pleased to know that they've been talking more and more as the days pass by. Though there were still subjects Jihoon was adamant in keeping to himself, but hey, at least he got a date?

        Speaking of the date, Jihoon still couldn't believe it. He was staring at the mirror all night, wondering what Soonyoung found attractive that he would actually ask his demon-of-an-instructor out. Jihoon didn't know. He planned everything out for the date 2 days early and came early to the cafe as well. He was shocked to meet Seungkwan there, since he knew Seungkwan's schedule like he knew the back of his hand. Seungkwan was Jihoon's best friend. From the time they first met    Seungkwan bumping into him and sticking by after that    Jihoon was infinitely grateful for the diva. Seungkwan was the one who widened Jihoon's circle of friends, he was the one who stuck by when things were rough, and comforted Jihoon everytime he needed it. Jihoon would do the same to him in a heartbeat. Seungkwan wasn't suppose to be working that day. When asked about it, he said that he heard of Jihoon's date came for moral support. Even after all these years, Seungkwan still managed to surprise him. Soonyoung must've talked about him, then, Jihoon figured. Seungkwan would always keep him updated about the Music Honors Class. Jihoon's seventh discovery of Soonyoung was his favorite food, in which Seungkwan said he'll make for Jihoon's date. Again, Jihoon's immensely thankful.

        Jihoon liked Soonyoung a lot. He liked the way that Soonyoung was passionate for dance. Jihoon liked Soonyoung's features, clothings, personality, facial expressions. The way he talks, the way he smiles. And his eighth wonder was how they dance together, as if they were one whole being instead of two separate people. Jihoon felt a connection when they dance the tango, and he forgot about Soonyoung's lies and him going along with it. He forgot where they were, and who they are. Jihoon only saw Soonyoung that time. He knew he was in love, but this was too much. Soonyoung had danced his way into Jihoon's heart, and Jihoon can't handle it if Soonyoung were to step a little too hard that it would break. The kiss Jihoon gave him was a promise. A promise to be together if they can help it.

        They went on many dates after that, each one better than the other. Though, Soonyoung hadn't officially asked him out yet. Jihoon figured the lie was holding Soonyoung back and decided to end this once and for all. The more this went on, the more complicated things will get, so Jihoon would expose the lie tomorrow, and hopefully they can fight through the drama. Though, that thought is easier said than done. Jihoon completely forgot that they had to do recordings that day.  He wasn't prepared at all. So he holed himself in the room for the recording instead of greeting Soonyoung like he would normally do to the others. He also used a voice app when he didn't need to, in hopes that Soonyoung wouldn't find out. Jihoon was confused on why he did that. When they were dancing, the feeling overcame Jihoon just when he was about to confess. There was a ninth feeling bubbling in Jihoon and he froze. Fear. Jihoon didn't want Soonyoung to hate him. He doesn't. So he took the cowardice road and left the other. 

        That evening, Jihoon was met with Ryeowook-sansaengnim. And dread started flowing through him. He doesn't want to be discovered this way! He needed to say it to Soonyoung, instead of Soonyoung finding out by himself. That would be horrible! He didn't want any misunderstandings to happen. This was so complicated. But... what is he going to do?...  Jihoon figured another lie would be okay. The tenth lie...

        The eleventh text... 

Jihoon: Hey, promise me you'll always stick by me and that whatever happens in the future, know that it wasn't what I planned for.

Soonyoung: ??? I can't get mad at you, silly. 

Jihoon: Nothing... just... Promise me, please

Soonyoung: Okay, I promise. But if anyone would be angry at anyone, it's going to be you to me tbh

Jihoon: I sincerely doubt that

Soonyoung: Hmm, I'll be the judge of that, then haha. I'm curious though, what brought this on?

Jihoon: Just... There's something I haven't been all that truthful about...

Soonyoung: Oh... Me too actually. Umm...

Jihoon: No, tell it to me tomorrow instead. We'll meet each other definitely

Soonyoung: Hey, is it really that bad?

Jihoon: ... No, it's not that bad.

Soonyoung: Okay, since you said that it's not a big deal, I won't worry :))  We'll see though, hope you're not lying about it! jk, see ya tomorrow!

Jihoon: Yeah...

 


 

        The next day shined brighter than ever. It was as if the sun needed to show his support before things get dark and gloomy. Though, that might just be Soonyoung's imagination. He figured it was because of the message he and Jihoon had last night that caused him to be wary. Even though Jihoon himself said that it wasn't a big deal, Soonyoung was a bit nervous. 

        He was at his first period, Music Honors. This was the day that he gets to show his choreography! Everyone was pumped up, as they all came early to start the practice. They don't have much time to get the dances down, after all. Soonyoung already showed them the gist of things, and he also assigned people in their positions. Chan played out the music for the dance. It was the instrumental version because they didn't receive the finalized version yet. But it was okay, the music is enough to dance to. 

        They were all focused on doing the chorus when the door slided open. The sound gathered everyone's attention, including Soonyoung's. 

        The first thing he noticed was pink hair. The second, was Chan's loud cry of "Woozi-hyung, you're finally here! This is your spot" and showed the figure to his place right next to Soonyoung. 

        He gaped. 

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

So I wrote the whole 10+ chapter fanfic from Jihoon's point of view in 1 chapter and WOW, didn't think I could pull it off!

Okay so hopefully this clears things up? IF NOT PLEASE VOICE YOUR CONFUSION!

This chapter is really important because it gave an insight to Jihoon's thoughts and emotions. And because Jihoon's POV was unlocked, I can now use it in the next upcoming chapters! YESS! :D

BTW this was by far my wordiest chapter! I hope you enjoyed it and it wasn't boring to read. (I mean, Jihoon IS the documentary after all lol)

Oh and will be going down in the next chapter :) Please anticipate it!

AS ALWAYS: THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, AND UPVOTED <3 MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL <3