First Fall

It Takes Two To Tango

        The leaves of fall fluttered about the wet ground. They pile up on the side of the walkways, a burst of orange and red. Above them were cooling winds that breezes over the trees in a swirling motion. Surrounding them was a golden halo, blessed by the sun. There was a clear, crisp smell of nature due to early morning rain that made the air so very fresh. A slight hazy mist envelops the area, making it positively ethereal. There was barely any greenery as everything was in the color scheme of reds, oranges, and yellows. That is the optimun description of September, the perfect autumn weather. 
 
        Red converses can be seen walking on the sidewalk, crushing the dying leaves before them. The shoes were also seem to be doing some sort of… dance? They have that bounce in their steps. That swift movement in their shuffles. That smooth transition in their strides. The owner of the red converse had put on a gray hoodie, white T-shirt, and light jeans. They also sported on a beanie and headphones. It is safe to say the the owner is blaring music while dancing to the beat. They moved in their own pace, stopping only to take in their new surroundings and smell of fresh air. They also stopped when they realized that they had only about 20 minutes until school starts and that they had no idea what class they should be having because they're new. 

        Oh
        .
        
        

        "", Soonyoung shouted as he sprints off to the direction of his new school. Oh no no no, he was not about to be late for his first class on his first day of school. What would everybody think? 

        A prodigy who can't even come to class on time? What a joke. 

 


 

        "Psst, is that the new dancer?"

        "Oh wow, he doesn't look like he can dance though"

        "Are you blind? He's practically dancing while he walks!"

        "Shushh, quiet down! We don't want him to hear us!!"

        'But you're the one yelling though...', Soonyoung thought as he passed by the group of gossiping girls. He smiled charmingly at them nonetheless. Soonyoung realized immediately when he got to Pledis High that having a genius among them wasn't rare, but being a prodigy was. And he was one of those prodigies. It wasn't hard to tell with the guys openly staring at him and the girls loudly squeeling. Soonyoung tried to make it as if he doesn't care, he would smile when needed and maintain a cool neutral face, but it's hard to keep these good images when people develop a thought about him anyway. He never liked being judged. He never liked the expectations burdened on him. But what can he do?

        Soonyoung realized quite early in life how lonely it is to be a prodigy. 

        Which is why he was glad that he went to Pledis High instead of other highschools. There were actual geniuses here! People who could challenge him and bring out his very best! Someone who can light up a flame inside. This was where everyone has great potential into becoming performers. Where everyone could comfortable slip into the diamond life of shining bright on stage. Where it doesn't matter the social status, everyone is expected to be amazing.

        Well, at least that's what Soonyoung got from the multiple interviews he had with the school. Walking through the halls and hearing all the gossips about him slowly made him doubt his decisions. But then again, he's used to the idea that prodigies were expected of more. At least they weren't worshiping the ground he walks on, Soonyoung humored himself. 

        He looked down at his schedules and at the clock. Arriving to school albit late gave him just enough time to get his schedule and head straight to class. There wasn't any room for socializing, but Soonyoung figured he can do it during first period. And by the looks of it, he has Honors Music with Ryeowook-nim. He hoped that his teacher and classmates are chill enough and doesn't care for the fact that he's a dance prodigy. He wanted to have some real friends damnit.

        Taking a deep breath, Soonyoung found himself before his homeroom door. He could already hear talking inside, so it's safe to assume that most, if not all, of his classmates were already situated inside. The bell was about to ring any sec--

        Ring ~ Ding ~ Dong ~ Ring ~

        Soonyoung pulled open the door. 

        He gaped. 

 


 

Minmi's Notes:

1. How to indent ._.
2. This took a while because I'm a perfectionist who would read her work literally 10 times
3. Even if I ever post this, it would still be considered under construction because if I see anything remotely wrong I will go ahead and fix it (so go back once in a while if you ever feel like you're missing something in the next chapters) xD
4. Hi, wanna chat about anything? PM me if you wanna talk ~~
5. I want to know what you think I should improve, etc. because I want this story to be more descriptive yet clever (as in funny but knowing me its probably not xD) I also want it to be in a slower pace, with quick actions in between. Not sure if I'm doing it right or not but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm proud either wayyyy
6. Also sorry for the cliffhanger
7. And the short chapter
8. And this long author's note, yeah I'm sorry about that too
9. I should probably stop
10. Have a good dayyyy :)

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO'VE SUBSCRIBED! <3 Much love to you ALL <3