love holds on and stands strong

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*Tiredness from the internship made me wrote this, so I hope you enjoy and this making you smile and lessen your own weariness these past few days.

*Ricky is a brother I want to adopt, hahaha.

 

#8- Changrick

 

Ricky was once a lonely kid, preferring the dimly-lighted room inside his family’s mansion rather than be embraced by the sun’s arms. His companions were only stuffed toys almost filling the cabinet just beside his bed, resembling cute little versions of animals in the wild, all sewn and made by his own hands.

He was naïve, but that doesn’t mean he was not affected by the absence of his parents to personally guide him and watch him grow, because just like any other kid his age, he longs for them.

No matter how rich they were, or how talented he is, he had never found any happiness in whatever he do. Those piano lessons, or new clothes, or his favorite freshly baked cupcakes never suffice the emptiness in the huge house of theirs. He understands them, tries to, ‘cause no matter what his heart wants, he was born with a silver spoon due to the hard work of his parents.

He was used to waking up with no morning greetings by them, and this morning was no different. Groggily walking towards the window where a wooden stool was placed, he climbed it up and kneeled on it, just to see his parents hurrying towards their car, suitcases carried by men in black suits, he guesses they’re newly-hired bodyguards. Slipping back into the covers of his bed printed with yellow stars and crescent moons on a midnight blue sky, he thinks that it might be just another need to attend international seminars or conferences, or maybe they’re invited to be part of top secret researches and expeditions. They were his idols, and he told himself that he would follow their path.

His father was a well-known anthropologist and hs mother was a genetic engineer. Both were pathologist as well, and Ricky was used to hear good words about them, people thanking them for their discoveries and feats in science, but that was never the reason why he wanted to see them more.

It was the words he heard from his drunk uncle, who was the one tending to his needs while his parents are away for work.

‘’I wonder why people adore you, when they should be bothered by the fact that your parents are already past 40 in age while you’re just five years of age. You’re obviously an adopted child, ‘cause no matter how rich those smart guys are, they couldn’t make their own offspring. You’re damn lucky, you know that? Growing up in a household where you don’t need to work your of and receive the best education without trying to please them. Have you not realized that by the time you show your great creative side while the persons you consider your parents where great minds in various field of sciences? How unlucky of them to get such an idiot kid.”

His fat and alcoholic uncle was snoring by the time Ricky was crying silently in his cabinet where he keeps those handiworks of his.

But after a few hours of locking his self in the dark corners he consider as his space of solitude, he realized that crying for knowing the truth was not gonna do him any good, so he went out and promised himself that he would make his adoptive parents proud.

Not because he wants them to give him their full attention.

But simply because he wants to, they deserve to be happy, and he loves them.

Days passed, and autumn was replaced by the cold winter winds, thus he decided to knit his own sweater, and some pairs for his friends, the stuffed toys, as well. He has finished his own set as his last aunt leave his side to return to his own family. It was the same for every special events the whole-year round, like in Christmas or New Year, and he has coped well with being left alone.

Those days were only special marks on the calendar but that does not mean he’s forced to celebrate as well, ‘cause he’s got the freedom to not let the mansion be decorated on those occasions and stay within the comforts of his room.

  That’s when a lady in a baby blue dress came in, showing off a pretty smile and greeting him with a kind voice. Hiding behind her, gripping tightly on the flowing skirt, was a kid slightly taller than him, and looks at him once in awhile before hiding again.

Ricky’s attention was taken again by the not-so-young-anymore woman, evident by some lines showing now that she’s smiling again after scolding her son in a hushed tone for not bowing properly like she did, and he remembered that her aunt had leaved him earlier than she was supposed to.

“Who are you?”

“I’m hired by your parents to be your personal maid, since-”

“Since my aunts and uncles don’t want to take care of me anymore?”

Hearing it from a boy so young, she felt her heart crumple which turned into a clenched feeling when she saw the said boy return to his knitting as if it was no big deal.

As if he’s trying to act strong despite of being so fragile.

“No. They actually care about you a lot, and your parents as well, so they got someone to make sure you’re safe while they’re away.”

“Thank you, but you don’t need to say good things about them.”

A sigh, and she held her son’s hand clutching on her dress, leading him towards her new young master who’s still busy with his own handiwork, and then giving him a reassuring smile before letting go and moving out the door.

“Alright, I’ll just get you some snacks boys. Get along well until I get back, okay?”

Silence.

“Hey Mr. Teddy, you’re wearing a really nice sweater!” the new boy exclaimed, throwing his attention to a little brown bear imitation wearing a brick red sweater, and Ricky’s ears perked with the words. None of his friends tried talking to his ‘friends’ before once he introduced them but this kid, who just suddenly appeared in his life, made him feel comfortable in just a few seconds.

“It fits him well right?”

The stranger bit his lips, surprised by being acknowledged by the rich one, thus he hesitated whether to answer back or just stay still.

“Don’t be afraid. And his name is Ellie,” the smaller boy continued after cradling the stuffed toy in his arms, a bright smile starting to form on his lips.

The other answered back with the same bright smile as well.

And then they we’re suddenly the best of friends.

And they were both young souls feeling incomplete back then.

**

Piles of boxes were scattered on his bedroom’s floor, and an empty one is currently beside him while he’s on his toes, trying to reach out to the older ones on top of his cabinet, now already worn and creaking after all those years of carrying too many stuffed toys he personally created.

Struggling to reach out for the remaining few ‘friends’ of his knowing that there’s no available chair or stool to stand on, Ricky tried jumping yet he failed to get even just one and to add more to his misery, he lost his balance and should have fell on his when a strong pair of arms held on his waist to help him stand.

“This kid, you should have called me when you started packing all of these.  You know it yourself that you being a dwarf owns a giant cabinet, so you obviously need a help from a good friend who’ll be willing to help you, which is me.”

“Yah! That’s hyung to you. And I could get them even without your help.”

“Yeah right, midget.”

“Why are we even friends Changjo?”

“Because I’m the only one who could bear being around you, so live with it.”

Ricky almost laughed, almost, but he bit the inside of his mouth to avoid himself from doing so seeing the wide grin on his best friend’s lips.

They have been best friends from the day Changjo’s mother started working as Ricky’s personal maid, and they’ve been like two peas in a pod since then. The younger’s parent though has already passed away before he stepped into high school, and he was given the freedom to walk out of the mansion and take his own path in life but he decided to stay and takeover his mother’s job to take care of Ricky. Until now, he still couldn’t believe that the cute and adorable boy in front of him is older than him. Well, he couldn’t blame anyone seeing them together mistake him as the older of the two since he looked more mature and tougher.

And until then they were the best of friends.

And they were both straight.

---

Living in a much smaller space, unexpectedly, felt more comfortable for Ricky than when he was in his now empty mansion. He wished to transfer in a place near to his college of choice, and his parents allowed him, but he declined the crib they chose for their only son.

And with Changjo living with him, the simple apartment felt more like home rather than his family’s mansion or any huge houses they could offer.

He started to loosen up as well, trying to be approachable and accepting others who befriend him, but of course he still felt the most comfortable when he’s with his best friend. What made it easier for him to cope was when his parents told him to choose whatever course he wants to take once he step in college. Maybe it was because they felt guilty for lying to him all those years, or maybe they just don’t care about his future at all. He prefers to think it’s the first one.

‘’What’s wrong? You haven’t found an inspiration for your project sculpture yet?’’

Nodding, he kept on focusing on driftwood in front of him, frowned and dropped his carving knife to the nearest table then settled with lying on the couch. Changjo being the good friend he tries to be, approached him slowly then jumped on the sleepy figure, Ricky felt his bones seem to be crushed within him.

“The Ricky I know never stops in his work until he’s satisfied with it. What really happened? You’ve been in a slump these past few days. You’re getting uglier as well, so stop frowning.’’

‘’You can’t blame me when every- ugh! Never mind.’’

Unexpectedly, Changjo went silent, sat up straight and pulled Ricky suddenly into his lap and locking him with a bear hug, making the smaller boy squirm due to the younger one burying his head to the crook of his neck.

‘’Changjo-yah!’’

‘’This is your punishment for hiding something from me, ‘cause you never lied to me before. You think I would never know the messages and calls you receive from your aunts and uncles? Of them trying to degrade you without your parents knowing a thing? Of them wanting to manipulate you so they’d be the ones to get your family’s money? You think I’d easily let go of them doing that to you?!’’

‘’How did you-?’’

‘’I’ve lived with you for years now and you expect me to not know it on my own? I practically raised you on my own, you know that?’

‘’Really? As far as I know, it’s your mother who basically raised me so- hey I can’t breath!’’

‘’If you keep on arguing with me I’ll punish you more than this!’’

‘’But- yahstop!’’

A few seconds pass of Changjo tickling Ricky until the older one is out of breath, and they both ended up lying on the floor, huffing from one of their usual wrestling matches.

‘’Stop being bothered by them, and stop listening to whatever they have to say, or I’ll go to each and every single one of them to stop troubling you, no matter what.’’

Ricky has always depended on his best friend, but he’s not sure if Changjo looks at him the same way. ‘Cause even if the younger one doesn’t complain at all, he thinks it’s unfair for Changjo. He sacrifices his free time to relax just to accompany Ricky. He even prefers to be around the older one even in school, when he could spend every lunch hour with his same-aged friends or close classmates. He kept on doing what he wants in his life without even asking his only companion what he really wants.

He felt so bad being so selfish.

‘’I’m sorry.’’

‘’Huh? Right, be sorry for being so weak and stupid.’’

‘’I know. And for being a burden to you as well. You’ve always sticked with me but I don’t even know what you really want to do in life. You even enrolled yourself to the art school I wanted to enter. What-‘’

His sleepy brown eyes lost all signs of being drowsy when he felt warm hand snaking around his waist, treating him like a personal pillow and the cold floor their bed. He knows that Changjo does tackle him and throws him playful punches and vicious skinship to annoy the hell out of him, but this time, he felt more bothered than irritated.

Changjo never hugs him this way.

Changjo has never been gentle with him.

Changjo never comforts him in a loving manner.

It’s as if whoever is this person beside him at the moment, it was a stranger who looks like his best friend.

‘’You don’t need to ask me anyways. I enjoy being with you.’’

‘’B-but, that-that’s different from what you really want to do in life!’’

‘’You’re worrying over nothing Ricky. I enjoy being with you, so what I want is you being around me as well all the time. Now stop with the reasons and just shut up. I’m sleepy now.’’

Ricky never felt so assured in his life, and he fears being comfortable with it.

Because as far as he knows, they were just the best of friends.

And he’s trying to convince his self that they’re still, both straight.

---

 Changjo’s already used to Ricky not giving him attention when he’s busy, but a week full of avoided eye contacts and of Ricky always hurrying to go to sleep after finishing all his work and projects made the younger one believe that something is totally off.

And he’ll do everything to make the other speak up about it, in any ways possible.

‘’Are you avoiding me?’’ Changjo asked in a serious tone, trapping Rikcy who was about  to exit the bathroom, locking the door behind him and gurading it well to make sure the now pouting boy doesn’t have any means of escaping and avoid him for more.

‘’What made you think that I’m avoiding you, hahaha!’’

‘’Then look at me straight in the eye and say that again.’’

‘’Changjo-ah, I’m not- okay, I’m avoiding you.’’ He answered while hanging his head low, like a puppy scolded, and Changjo thought that he’d never seen anything this cute. Maybe he’ll enjoy this a little longer.

‘’Then why are you avoiding me?’’

Ricky didn’t answer and decided to pull Changjo out of his way, but as always, he failed and what made it worse was that the taller boy had caught him in a bear hug again, and he mentally beat his self since Changjo would probably hear how fast his heartbeat is.

The funny thing is, their heartbeats are in sync, rushed and loud.

Clutching Changjo’s shirt, Ricky felt like crying, knowing that they’re beside each other, knowing the truth without the need for any words coming out from their mouths, just the actions itself.

‘’My bad, now you know that you’re not the only person nervous around a certain kid.’’

‘’Yah! I’m not a kid!

‘’Who said that I’m talking about you?’’

The way Changjo’s eyes turned into slits, a devious smirk on his face, Ricky tried to escape from the younger one’s grasp, ‘cause without looking at his self in the mirror, he knows that his face looks like a ripe tomato at the moment.

What freezed him in place was not his expected pinch or punch but a gentle kiss placed on his forehead, lingering there for a few seconds before warm pair of hands cupped his cheeks and hugged him again, pulling him closer this time, but in a much gentle manner.

And to Ricky, it felt so right, being with the person he cared a lot for, but he’s still not sure yet whether to move forward or just stay silent again.

‘’But… isn’t this… wrong?’’

‘’I know you have your doubts, but you can’t stop me from being sure with this. I’ll stick to you no matter what, I’ll stay beside you no matter what, and you might not be comfortable with what I’ll show you for the days to come, but don’t try to avoid me again, okay?’’

‘’But… what are we now then?’’

‘’Whatever you want it to be.’’

‘’Isn’t this too fast?’’

‘’Fast? I haven’t even kissed you yet and-‘’

‘’Yah! I’m still your hyung so stop embarassing me!’’

‘’Then stop being so adorable and erase that pout now or I’ll actually take things faster than you want it to be.’’

Hearing this, Ricky immediately tried to cover his lips with his hand, but Changjo beat him to it, and when he saw the other pulling his hand that covers his mouth, palm placed into his own lips, Ricky felt like blowing up from embarassement.

 ‘’What was that for!?’’

‘’You said you don’t want to take things fast, so for now, since I can’t kiss you yet, my palm would be my own way of-‘’

‘’Stop it! I don’t want to hear anymore!’’

‘’But why?’’

‘’Just because!’’

‘’Tsk, tsk. It’s hard to like a kid.’’

‘’I’m not a kid! I’m your hyung.’’

‘’Then does that make you a e?’’

Ricky felt his soul leave his body, and seeing his shocked look, mouth hanging open, Changjo felt triumpanth, but before he could place a kiss on the older one’s lips, he felt a strong whack on his head making him whimper in pain.

‘’You really want me to get angry huh? Then get ready to be punished again!’’

Before he could fight back, Ricky stumbled back into the wall, and his eyes widen when Changjo turned the shower on.

‘’I just changed my clothes!’’

Seeing Ricky’s face flushed in annoyance, lips pouting and throwing glares towards his direction, droplets of water running down his face and drenching his clothes, the only thing he could think of at the moment is how breathtaking Ricky is.

And stepping closer to him, Ricky just closed his eyes and felt nervous than ever, but nothing came. When he opened his eyes, he saw Changjo, giving him a warm smile that made him fuzzu all inside.

‘’Don’t worry, we’re not in a hurry. We’ll go with the pace you want. So, don’t ever think that I don’t want to be with you, ‘cause it’s everything I ever wanted in my life.’’

And they were still sure that they’re the best of friends.

But maybe, they’ll be willing to take it a step ahead.

And they just realized, that when it comes to each other, they were never straight.

 

*I love those times they look at each other and then Ricky awkwardly looks away, it's just, it's hard to contain my feels when it comes to this ship. Who agrees with me?

*Let's keep on spreading teen top love, okay? I'll just jam to Hot Like Fire here then...

*Ciao!

#changrick.is.cuteness.overload