love breaks boundaries and pushes on

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*...the days feels like needles pricking on my shoulders and back...

*Anyways, I shouldn't let the gloom consume me so I'll drink coffee again later to comfort me. Maybe I'll eat peanuts as well. And forgive me for being quite cold or weird even online, 'cause I fail even in person when it comes to being good with social relationships. And I'm still wondering why I've been mistook as a guy many times now.

*But don't mind my own rants, I'm just being weird again. So, enjoy!

 

#6-Changrick

 

He’s about to curse his self for the 4th day in a row that he’s eating cake for breakfast. Despite of pairing the sweet treat with Americano to satisfy his palate and lessen the sugar tinge on his tongue, it would take only a few more days before he puke out of discomfort, his mind giving him signals once in a while that he’s had enough already.

But Changjo’s blaming it all on the cute cyborg that works on the café just a few blocks away from his home.

It’s the year of new-fangled technological advancements, and seeing robots and cyborgs as workers in various industries was a normal sight already. Changjo’s family  is not a fanatic of the whole concept though, for many living humans were left jobless after the boom of technological era, competitions lowering in number since people who can afford luxury prefers choosing artificial intelligence than real creative minds. Thus, many mouths were left unfed. Despite of other clans close to them preferring machines as house cleaners and bodyguards, they sticked to hiring individuals who are seriously in need of work and the payment that comes with it.

But, after seeing the permed-hair blonde cyborg whose eyes are cute orbs of hazel and lips pink as cherry blossoms in full bloom, his view might have detoured a little. He’s not sure if it was the way Ricky’s brows furrow when he’s confused, or if it’s his lips that purse into a tiny smile ‘cause he’s not used to being around a crowd yet. All he knows is that he’s seriously attracted to a guy that almost died but was saved by changing some of his anatomical parts into robotic ones, though it’s not obvious since artificial skin was provided for cyborgs by the facility where they came from.

And Changjo wonders if the cute guy could still properly react, all he knows is that Ricky is extremely shy and don’t talk to customers but works impressively in baking cakes and cookies and brewing coffee.

After another bite of the cake, flinching in the process due to the slowly building up sugar rush, he dropped the fork and decided to just finish the coffee. He then noticed the cashier, whom he known for a while being a loyal customer, posting an announcement on the glass wall of the café, smiling widely at the passersby and pointing towards the poster with enthusiasm. Being the curious cat he is, he slowly approached him and asked if it’s a new offer, a discount, or new set of menu.

“Ah, no sir. It’s an event for our coming fifth year anniversary since this café was built. There will be games and fun prizes for the winners!”

“Games like?”

“The first one would be a cake-eating contest and I mean, one whole cake. The winner would have a chance to take a picture with our adorable barista and baker in one, Ricky!”

“The cyborg?”

That’s right Changjo, act cool. Don’t make it obvious that you’re such a creepy stalker to an innocent and lovable guy.

Of course he knows him already, but it would be unsettling once others discover that he’s been fawning over the cyborg when his family’s a total anti with the idea.

“Ugh, why do you people kept on calling him that way? I just told you his name, so call him that.”

“Sorry  then. That’s all?”

“Um, the second game is making the best latte art, which will grant you a date with aegyo vending machine, Ricky!”

Are you trying to sell Ricky? Why don’t you stick with advertising your café by not using him?!

“Have you even asked him if it’s fine using him as a prize?’

“I’m sure he’s fine with it. He’s even the one who suggested to mingle with the customers, since he believe that the people around here might be curious about the first cyborg resident of this small and quiet town of ours. Why, are you perhaps interested to join?” asked the thick-lipped guy in return while wiggling his eyebrows, signifying that he’s seen through Chnagjo’s little crush on their cute barista.

“Um, no, of course not. I was just curious. That’s all! And stop doing that look, it’ll scare the customers off.”

“Yeah right, tell that to me again while Ricky’s just beside you.”

“And how-”

“Ricky! My friend here wants to ask you something!”

“Alright! Coming!”

And Changjo’s sure that he’ll look confident in front of the now approaching ball of fluffiness, and that he would not stutter nor make his self look like an idiot, but it’s too late to realize that he’ll fail once they were already just a meter away and he could see some spots of flour on Ricky’s nose and left cheek since he came from the kitchen.

And before he could strike a conversation, he already left quickly, leaving Ricky with a puzzled look and Niel with a smug grin on his face.

==

And after hiding in the comforts of his home just to avoid his crush, the dreaded day came and he needed to see him badly. He could not bear to see him taking a picture or dating another guy. Though he’s had enough of those sweets, he’s willing to eat more for the safety of Ricky. He looks so naïve that some of the participants might abuse him or are actually erts looking for the proper target, he thought.

He would carry it in his conscience as long as he live if something bad happen to the cyborg. And no, it’s not because he likes him that he’s joining the games, but the sole purpose of assuring the safety of the new guy.

And no, he’s not jealous right now that lost both the evens towards the same person, he heard it was Minsoo but he preffered to be called CAP.

What’s with the nickname? He’s not even wearing a cap. Stupid.

And he wants to bang his head on the counter since the winner is now smiling widely like an idiot, and he believes he is someone Ricky should never accompany or trust. He could imagine all his hopes spilling into the drain and disappearing out of his sight, when Hyuna, the actual owner of the café, started interviewing Minsoo in front of all the other customers and participants.

“Congratulations! You’ve worked hard and since you won both events, you’ll have the chance to know Ricky more, so, what can you say about the given opportunity about having a date with the cute cyborg?”

“Nah, I don’t care about him. I’m not interested to know him more.”

With this, Changjo’s gloomy aura changed into a murderous one hearing the words coming from the small-eyes guy who’s still standing confidently in front of the counter.

He was about to shout everything nice there is to see and know about Ricky when the winner continued with his speech and cleared it all,  though he still looks rude in the eyes of the younger guy. All ears were now on Minsoo that changed from his sunny smile into a serious face.

“No, I did not join this to date him. I mean, he’s not bad but my heart already belongs to someone else, but that person keeps on pushing me away, so I did this to prove myself to him.”

A pause, then Minsoo started to become teary-eyed, making the spectators pity him and whisper about the unreturned love of the poor guy. Changjo still has his doubts, but hearing it from the guy himself that he’s interested with Ricky, he felt all the pressure on his shoulders fly away.

And he continued to listen, now waiting to know who’s the unlucky person that Minsoo says as the owner of his heart.

“And since I won both events, and I’m not taking the prize, could I choose another prize?”

Seeing the customers all look at her, Hyuna gulped and nod her head. For now, she will plan her escape until her cashier return full of bruises due to kisses later.

Seeing this, Minsoo’s smile returned, but this time, more sinister that Changjo felt sorry for whoever he will take out on a date. He’ll pray for the poor soul, he promised himself.

“Alright, you goby fish, come out now, your manager agreed so I’m taking you out on a date. Or should I pull you out there behind the counter.”

And the black-haired guy who’s now seething from anger sprang from behind the counter and stomped loudly while glaring at Hyuna who’s now mouthing sorry and then to Minsoo whose arms were wide open and caught him into a bone-crushing hug.

“How dare you let this guy catch me Hyuna!?”

“I’m sorry Niel, he won, and he deserves a prize.”

“But I don’t deserve this!”

“Aaw, you’re seriously cute when you’re angry!” Minsoo exclaimed while cooing at the now frustrated Niel, who obviously do not like any inch of the grinning boy’s being. Before he could retort, he was already pulled by the stronger one, and he felt like crying with his predicament.

“Sigh, young love.”

He hears an old couple beside him whisper. And having nothing to watch for, customers slowly dissipated in number, but Changjo decided to stay a little longer, the amount of cake he consumed doing it’s way in making him feel like puking once again.

It was just a few seconds that he closed his eyes when he heard the sound cup settled on his table. And he almost got a shock seeing Ricky’s face just inches away from his. And he stopped himself from cooing at the cute expression of concern on the other’s face because he doesn’t want to scare him away.

“I’m sorry if I shocked you. It’s just that you didn’t look good earlier after eating that huge chunk of cake, and until” now you still look pale, so I decided to brew you a tea. Here, I’ll just leave it and come to the kitchen if you still feel unwell, okay? Don’t be afraid to approach me, since I’m the one who baked the cakes earlier.”

“No! It’s not because of the cake, it tasted really good! I even want to eat more right now!”

A laughter erupted from Ricky’s mouth, making Changjo think if this is how a singing angel sounds like.

“Okay, I’ll treat you to something once you feel better, but I think you should cut on eating cake. It’s not appropriate for breakfast.”

With these words he returned to the kitchen, now hidden to Chnagjo’s eyes again, but the latter, realizing the Ricky remembered him coming every morning just to eat the cake he baked, he felt surreal.

He knows me! He noticed me! Aaaaaah!

Maybe he’ll try to convince his family that the technological era was not so bad at all.

 

*Right, I've used my own prompt that I typed last time, but you could never be sure what my next update would be. And you saw a little nap right there, 'cause I adore that pair.  Hehehe. I'm thinking, should I do some other ships between teen top other than nap, changrick and chunjoe? What do you think guys?

#changrick.is.a.ball.of.aegyo