Love at times lie not to hurt

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*Hello! I'm back after the fun graduation, but I'm quite sad 'cause until now only one gave a personal definition of love, I would be glad to hear your own suggestions and make a story out of it as well guys. =)

*Congrats to fellow batch 2016 graduates!

*Enjoy this nap version of a myungjong fanfic.

 

 

#17-N.A.P.

 

It was vague, but the memory’s there, of cherry blossoms falling and starting to cover the road, with him waiting on the other end, looking at a figure coming his way. By now he could hear his phone ring, yet he didn’t take himself to answer whoever it is on the other line.

What was important was to see that person who kept on invading his dreams for the past nights. But just like any other time, he woke up before he could see the face clearly, petals covering his sight and not giving him any chance.

Sitting on his bed, he took his sketchpad and went to a blank page, his hand moving quickly than he expected.

All his latest drawings were not of buildings that he was supposed to sketch as the current project of him as a fine arts student, but of a person he could never ever complete. The face would always be covered with shades of black, or pink blossoms, or simply left undrawn. Pulling his hair harder this time, he threw his pencil feeling frustrated of knowing what beauty he keeps on missing.

And even after reaching his classroom for the first period in the morning, his mind was still full of the man wearing white sweater and light blue short pants, and how fragile he seems to be in his dreams.

“Hey Minsoo, you’re daydreaming again. Focus or you’ll get another set of scolding from Mrs. Yoon.”

Hearing his best friend’s voice broke his thoughts and made him look at the board where their teacher is currently writing another algebra problem to wake them up. He didn’t wrote it down though, instead, he doodled another faceless stranger on the corner of his math notebook earning a shaking of head from Byunghun who still wonder what’s bothering his friend that made him look gloomier than he already is.

--

“You should really visit the clinic Minsoo. You look pale as a ghost. What have you really been doing since last week, huh?”

If it was a normal day, Minsoo would appreciate the concern dripping from his friend’s voice, but now, there was nothing he could do to make him feel better. Unless he finally see that face that he keeps on forming on his brain yet not a single image was drawn.

He simply shook his head and walked ahead of Byunghun who’s now groaning in annoyance, knowing that once Minsoo decides about something, that would stay until he finds another decision that he’ll deem better.

What stopped him from his track was when he heard his phone ringing, yet another voice calling his best friend’s name overpowered it, and breathing deeply he turned around.

It was that person. He may be wearing different clothes, but Minsoo knows it was him. His feet were stuck to the floor, and as he saw the two figures coming towards his frozen self, all he did was blink furiously and widen his eyes in disbelief.

“Minsoo, this is my cousin Niel, and he’s here to be our class model for our next project. He’s currently just on vacation since he’s already working as a ramp and cover model in Japan. Looks too young to be already working, isn’t he? Niel, this is my best bud, Minsoo.”

Nodding his head, he just bit his lips when he shook hands with the real one, not the one on his dreams or product of his imagination.

He was there, in front of him, living bone and flesh.

Breathing the same air and walking on the same grounds.

It felt surreal, to Minsoo, that is.

--

The first day the whole class drew Niel, Minsoo felt kind of irritated. He wanted to be able to do it alone. He wanted to let his eyes drink all that beauty and innocence alone. He wanted to create a masterpiece with him as the center all alone.

Yet he needed to do it together with the whole class, cursing those eyes looking at Niel as if he’s a gift waiting to be unwrapped. He cursed himself mentally for looking at the younger the same way, and letting his inner artist flow out, his hands move with such fluidity that always impress his teachers and classmates.

It has been days since he’s able to draw with passion like this.

“Seems like you’re back to being the artist Minsoo that I know,” his teacher whispered to him after taking a glance of what he’s working on. Gently smiling, he then returned his attention to his interest and sighed happily, feeling content of being able to put a face, finally, on his drawings piled inside his drawer.

Looking straight into the brown orbs and seeing that pretty smile thrown at his direction, he felt himself blushing and worked faster this time to hide his embarrassment for being noticed back.

And they became closer that he’s able to sketch and paint him in private, within the warmth of Niel’s temporary apartment while he’s staying there. And it became a routine, that Niel got used to even with Minsoo giving him surprise visits, and he felt thankful that he’s always got stock of food enough for two.

And to Minsoo, he could never ask for more, unless, a chance for him to make it happen come. But right now, being friends with Niel was already enough.

--

“Is it finished?”

“Just a little while, a few touches and I’m done. And…. It’s done!”

Hurriedly, Niel walked to his side to get a look of his portrait, beaming happily knowing how talented Minsoo is.

“Minsoo, why do you always put cherry blossoms on my images by you? It’s fine if you can’t tell me tho-”

“It fits you. I think these petals look prettier around you.”

Laughing at the comment, the subject of the fine arts’ student’s drawings went to the kitchen and brewed two cups of coffee, and setting it on the table in the living room where the other was  already fixing his things making him look at Minsoo with curiosity.

“Is something wrong?”

“Ah, I’m really sorry Niel but I need to go, Mom’s needing my help at the house. But… I can still go here tomorrow, right?”

“Of course, anytime. You’re always welcome here.”

Waving their goodbyes, Niel returned to the living room, making his self comfortable on the sofa and sipped some warm coffee until he felt warm hands hugging him from the back.

“You’re really sneaky aren’t you?”

“Well, you’ve got to admit it, that’s one thing you liked about me.”

“But you’re the one who confessed so you’re-”

“I know, I know. Oh, it was really hard not to make any sounds while hiding in your room. It’s really boring there I almost died.”

“Don’t you think… we should stop this? I know you’re just concerned with your best friend but, this will only make it worse.”

Byunghun took a look at his lover’s face all scrunched up before pulling him into a bear hug.

“I know… this is nothing but fooling him but… don’t you think he deserves to be happy? And he knows you’ll be returning soon to Japan, and after that I’ll help him find someone who’ll be able to love him back. Then you don’t need to worry anymore.”

By now he’s settled his head comfortably on the other’s lap, gently his hair like he’s the most precious thing in the world. But he is, to Byunghun, Niel is not just his cousin, but a person he could die for.

But Minsoo have done so much good deeds for him that he couldn’t bear to tell him the truth about their secret relationship of him and his cousin, ever since the day he saw the loving gaze his bestfriend threw at Niel.

“You know what? I hate it when I introduce you as my cousin. I know that’s true but… wouldn’t it be better if I could hold hands with you in public?”

Niel hearing this just giggled and hum in response.

Leaning down, Byunghun was about to leave a kiss on his lover’s forehead when they both heard the knob turn, making them both frozen on the spot.

“Ni….el?”

 

 

*I love cliffhangers, so the ending went that way. I hope you enjoyed it guys. Let's keep on loving teen top fellow angels!

#nap.is.love