love means home

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*For my admiration for the nap ship, here's another update for today, a nap version of a myungjong fanfic.

*Let's spread teen top love!

 

#15-N.A.P.

He had never got the chance to say goodbye.

Apologies were given yet none were accepted, and this was the same scenario when he left, without any words or any clues to where could that something between them lead to. It was a small spark, and when something happened that should never have been, it got them more confused, as to why they felt that kind of need that they could have easily got from the opposite , from what they were supposed to give their attention to.

Though they seek for that kind of warmth from each other, they never tried gaining it at all.

And once in a while he wants to go out of his way just to find that same man who broke his beliefs when it comes to giving and receiving love, his virtues on what’s right and wrong, and his own preference in starting a relationship.

But every time he tries to, a few steps towards his goal and he’s done.

“Minsoo, you’re spacing out again, did you actually listen to what I said just a while ago?”

Breaking his thoughts, Minsoo leaned backwards on his chair, arms supporting his neck and simply nodded his head as an answer. Which obviously, did not make his boss any satisfied.

“Could you even try to be more cooperative next time? We got a deadline to beat and you not giving you’re 100% would be a bother for the others. You’re the head artist; the junior staffs are counting on you, so show them the real performance of a hardworking Minsoo. Do you understand?”

Another nod and a short hum of agreement this time, making the older one who’s the editor-in-chief of a novel and manga publishing house where the younger works in. They have worked together for almost three years now, and he knows that Minsoo is one of his best manga artists, yet after that weeklong vacation in Busan to find inspiration for his new project, he noticed how the storylines he pass kept on leaning toward the dark themes, and how detached he seems to be in every single meeting.

And it’s not the producing of manga that bothers him more, it was the changes that happened to his friend that he calls brother, for despite of the job that actually connected them with each other, they have made bond together that’s deeper than just simply being workmates.

“Minsoo, why don’t you take another leave? Even just for today, you don’t seem yourself ever since you returned last month, and I’m worried that-”

“Andy hyung, I’m fine. All you need to do is wait for the first draft ‘cause I’m about to finish the first chapter. And I don’t need another day-off from work, ‘cause I’d rather tire myself off than leave that crammed workplace of mine just to slack off.”

Shaking his head in annoyance, Andy took the black jacket off his office table and quickly worn it on top of his plain white shirt, tapping the younger on the shoulder before leaving the room. He knows that he would just end up lost in another argument with Minsoo once he try to push his side against the latter.

“By the way, don’t forget to pass the house on my birthday this weekend, since I’m foreseeing you being a snob and not showing up at all. But, yes, you will attend and absence would be equal to one day of being absent from work.”

Hearing this, Minsoo’s ears perked up, remembering his plans of being a hermit the whole weekend and lazing off in his own room, abuse Netflix and the popcorn maker at home. But no, his kind brother decided to ruin it all by pulling him to a party he’s not comfortable at all.

It was better when they were only few in the group, who enjoys by simply ordering pizza or whatever snack that comes to mind and a bucket of beer, with tons of pranks and goofiness, but with what he’s feeling at the moment, he doubts if he could still enjoy that when every time he tries to lose his self in a party, it’s the face of the younger guy that caught his heart that fills up his head.

“Are you serious Hyung? You know that-”

“No more questions now go back to work. You don’t need time to slack off, right? Now work on that draft and pass it before weekend arrives,”

He ended up wasting heaps of paper as scratches, not being satisfied with every page he finishes off. And he imagine it was pieces of his own pain that he’s throwing away, though achieving that goal is quite still far from sight.

--

He first saw him on a café secluded from well populated areas. The place was more a sanctuary for those who want some time alone; with the serene atmosphere and cream walls that makes it more tranquil looking. His attention was pulled out of his laptop where he was making another story plot when the midnight black-haired boy entered, marked by the ringing of chimes attached at the front door.

It was not the deep eyes, nor the petite frame that caught his eyes. It was the way the other limped as he walk, nose and forehead scrunched as if he’s in total pain, and the dark blue bruises that he tries to hide with the large blackand white sweater yet failed miserably since a large portion extends even past his wrist.

His lips lingered longer than it should be on his iced Americano, mind still full of the boy’s image. He then noticed that the only other customer hasn’t ordered anything at all, and was simply sitting on the spot opposite his own, fumbling on his cellphone and looking nervous than ever.

That’s when he saw another man walk into the café, hand clenched tight on his cellphone, eyes squinting and brows raised after seeing the boy who flinched from being exposed.

And it might sound crazy or stupid, but Minsoo felt like protecting the boy from any danger, even though his help is not asked, despite of the protests on his mind.

Slowly, he walked near the two, lips still tight on the straw, and after being just a few feet away, suddenly ran to where the stranger is now standing and pulled his hand, not minding the looks given to him by the workers on the café and the man who’s about to lunge on their almost cowering figures.

And then they were running along the quite less busy streets, passing onlookers who are puzzled by the presence of persons who seem to be running away from danger they haven’t heard of.

And that’s the day he cursed himself for saving a stranger’s life, since he knew it would end up with nothing fruitful at all, he thinks.

--

“Where’s that Minsoo? I though he’ll show up.”

“I thought so as well, but I guess he made up his mind to spend his whole life alone and single and-”

“Who said I would not show up?”

A few knocks on the head and strong taps on the back before he was left alone with Andy who kept on laughing at his friends who are now having a contest of who could drink more alcohol among their circle of friends.

Minsoo though, just smiled a small one, corner of his lips quirking on the corners slightly, and this didn’t go unnoticed by his boss.

“You could have acted like you enjoy this night, you know. You’re making me feel down on my own birthday party, you ungrateful brat.”

“Yeah I know, sorry then. Happy birthday hyung. Enjoy your night. I’ll just be… around here. Beep me when you need my help.”

A strong smack and another fit of laughter before he was pushed away by Andy who walked towards Gyujin trying to do a gag with Bitto who kept on messing it up.

There were a few people on the party, far from the extravagant one that Minsoo expected, since their last project has been successful. Though he’s thankful that it remained the same, with just the few of them and a few staff from the publishing house. It was easier to stay out of the limelight. That’s when, Chunji came to him and asked for some assistance to bring new sets of buckets to the table where the others are still on with the drinking contest.

“You should come with us next time to that karaoke bar, so you could simply shout out what’s bothering you lately.”

“Thanks for the offer, but I’ll be fine. And I know you’re all concerned but seriously, there’s nothing to worry about. It’s just that I’m not sure how to portray this certain character well and-”

“You’re not fine Minsoo. You only become this talkative when you’re trying to put up that defense of yours. You’re not fooling any of us.”

--

He was supposed to be asking questions right now, but seeing the boy looking blank, the two of them now sitting on a bench at the nearby park, he couldn’t say a single word to even comfort him.

“You shouldn’t have done that. You should have left me there! What’s wrong with you?!”

Feeling those punches hurt his heart more rather than his physique. His face was showing anger, yet his eyes speak differently. It shows how tired he is, how badly he wants to just run away from it all. And by then, Minsoo realized how length of time alone doesn’t measure the strength of attachment you could feel for a certain person, ‘cause right now, simply watching that boy who he pulled along with him, he felt how much he wants to be a part of his life.

“Is that you’re nature? Barging on someone else’s business?! What the hell’s wrong with you?!”

“I’m sorry, not sorry. But I’m bringing you along.”

“The hell?! I’m not going with you anywhere so let me go!”

But despite of all the protests, they ended up together in Minsoo’s hotel room, drinking like there’s no tomorrow. The stranger, Niel as he told the older of the two, kept on mumbling incoherent words, his speech already slurring from the alcohol. But to Minsoo, he enjoys looking at him. From the way he wave those hands exaggeratedly as he tells his own life’s predicaments, to the way his nose scrunches after a fit of hiccups. It feels like watching a kitten, trying to be fierce yet overflowing with charm. It was not just the pretty face, it was the whole being that Minsoo felt like being pulled by his own manga character.

“You’re such a kind soul, don’t you know? But still stupid, you’re a big fool for helping me out. And you’ll regret that afterwards, I’m sure. And-”

“You’re quite a talker, aren’t you?”

“No I’m not. I’m just unusually in a really good mood today, ‘cause finally, I’m able to move far from that evil prince, you know that handsome evil prince.”

“You really are drunk.”

“No, I’m fine, look, I could still speak straightly, and you know, I need to let someone know how much I love and hate that man at the same time, ‘cause I feel like bursting anytime soon. You see, I’m stupid enough to fall for him and trust him, but I just realized how I looked like a fool for still sticking to him despite of being played around and beaten once in a while. You see, it’s not my fault that this guy tried to make a pass on me, ‘cause I honestly did nothing but help him with finding his lost puppy. Isn’t that stupid? It is, right?”

“You are seriously drunk already. You should just take a rest already. It’s still a long day, and you have all the time in the world to sleep. So go, I’ll fix these.”

Humming in response, Niel has already positioned his self in the most comfortable position he could think of, leaving no enough space for the other boy. In the end, Minsoo just slept at the floor, chin resting on his arms placed on the bed’s edge, memorizing every single line and mark on the younger boy’s face.

It would have been nice if he wakes up to that face every morning, he thought.

--

“I’m fine. You don’t need to worry, so tell me, what could you say about that last manga?”

“Well, it was a hit I must say. And you’re characters stick to my head, even until now. I’d gladly meet someone like Niel, if only he’s real. I wouldn’t mind being gay when it’s that guy.”

“That sounded funny. You’re straight as a metal pipe so I doubt you’d end up like that. And Niel’s not real, just a fictional character born from my hands.”

“That’s why, if only he’s real.”

Minsoo felt his fist clench tighter, not happy to hear such words from a close friend. No matter how close they are, he couldn’t bear to share his secrets with him or any of them. He couldn’t speak up about the character being real, of the story being about them, and that there would never be any continuation.

And if it will be like this, he hopes that nothing of them would ever see Niel.

For when it comes to those that he likes, he could be possessive.

“Hey guys, let Minsoo join the fun! I bet he’ll win all over you.”

“Yah! I won’t lose to that cold boy when it comes to drinking. Let’s start then!”

And everyone around them just laughed, seeing how close the friendship in front of them. Yet Minsoo felt like he’s not there, that he’s simply acting it all, for his mind is still occupied by the thoughts of that boy.

And how much he wanted to see and hug him at the moment.

But the night was still long, and that means hours of pretention.

--

Not minding the darkness that welcomed him, he walked straight towards his bedroom. He’s been living on his own ever since he graduated from high school, with his parents living abroad for work. Money was never the problem; it was when he felt so alone that he felt so poor.

But right now, he knows he’ll be fine as long as Niel was there, beside him, willing to stay and would never go away.

Removing his shoes and jacket, he went straight into the bathroom after turning on the lights in his bedroom that showed it to be in a state of wreck. Papers strewn all over the floor, beer cans on every corner and shreds of pencils after sharpening.

Looking at the beauty in front of him, the tear streaked face, and the trembling arms, he felt his heart crushed. He doesn’t want to hurt him, yet he knows that his fantasies would end once he let him go away.

“You do understand why I’m doing this, right? If I didn’t lock you here, you would return to that guy, and you’ll just be mistreated again, but here, I won’t do anything to harm you. So until you calm down, I couldn’t let you out yet. Come, you need to take some rest. I’m sorry if I needed to lock you in here earlier, since I couldn’t take any chance of giving you any idea of how to escape this place. Be good and don’t try anything while we’re sleeping together, alright?”

The younger one simply whimpered and tried to punch him, yet his leg was tied to a water pipe that he couldn’t reach that far from his seated position. In a few seconds, after being untied and transferred to the bed where he was tied to one of the posts, he cried out his heart again, though he couldn’t do that much sound due to the handkerchief tied around his mouth.

Minsoo on the other hand, comfortably wrapped his arms around the petite figure and hummed a lullaby, not minding the shivering of the other, or of him not able to change into proper sleepwear.

“I love you.”

To him Niel was home.

No matter what, he’ll slowly build his own home.

 

 

*I'm sleepy but I got to study, therefore, I'll listen to my kpop playlists, starting with to you...

*Enjoy your day!

#nap.lives.on