love never judges

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*It's not that I favor any of the three ships, but today, Changrick won my heart so I wrote one for them. I'm sorry if this one would not satisfy your daily needs of this cute ship, but as I always say, my writing doesn't follow what I plan ahead, so, do forgive me being unpredictable. I love myself that way. Like how I love manga, anime and kpop.

*No crying, okay?

 

#2.Changrick

He keeps on running down the steet

Rain has long ended but it still feels cold

Melting into a pile of strangers

Not looking back, his heart’s left in his pillow

Where he had cried in silence last night

“Should I do that everytime you make mistakes? Do you really want to be considered as an outcast from this family? Or are you waiting for me to humiliate you in front of all ther persons you know?!”

The night was still young, and the party’s just going right at his own house, but he’s staying inside his own room, all prepared with his neat black suit and his newly-cut hair, but he’s not allowed to go again, just like any other happenings in his family’s life.

“You even told someone about you being a mistress’ child, and you still want to show that face of you out there? Do you want our family to be the laughing stock of other clans?! You really don’t care about your father, do you? I don’t care if you hate me, ‘cause I believe you do, but never come out of this room until I tell you to.”

It was more fearful when the lady of the house starts to sound more calm and sure of herself, ‘cause he knows it would end up into him doing something he doesn’t want to do.

And he’s always been the good son all his life, yet he could never hear them call him that way.

“And your endterm exams are fast approaching right? Stop exceeding your brother, it’s enough that your father favors you more than his legal son. Trying to be better than him in front of your school, proving that the son from a mistress is better than the son of the wife, is totally unacceptable.”

The sound of heels clacking on the marble floor slowly turn into a faint one, and after the door was closed with force, he doesn’t hear it anymore. What he’s doing in the future, no matter how outstanding, would always be dimmed by his past, from where he came from. He’s now at the point where he’s tired of proving his self to his present family, but he still tries his best in his studies so that he could provide for his self once he graduate and move out from the mansion he never felt attached with.

And now she’s telling him to laze around and quit on his dreams?

Closing his eyes, he didn’t bother to take off his coat and just lay down his bed covered in prints of blue clouds, and putting on earphones, he played indie musc from bands that he like. It calms him down effecitvely every single time, just staying still in bed, and drown his self in musc, not caring about what’s outside his bedroom’s door. Who cares about being accepted by those who looks at you as if you’re just one of the flaws they took home to hide from the rest of the world?

It was all nice, the night would be long and he’s sure they won’t barge into his sanctuary until tomorrow noon. But all this peaeful imagery starting to form in his head all crumpled after feeling a heavy weight on top of him, as if crushing his lungs.

“Yah Changjo! Do you want your mother to deliver me into a torture room when she notice your missing at the party?!”

“Yah RickyI Don’t shout, I’m on top of you right now, you know that. I’ll hear even though you whisper it all. And I  don’t care if she look for me anywhere in this mansion. Let her.”

Trying to push him away wouldn’t do the trick, so the smaller one started tickling the other, letting his self free from the taller one’s hold. Seeing his chance, he quickly changed into a sitting position and placed all his pillows between them.

“Go out now, and show yourself to the visitors, or you’ll get scolded again by your madame Lee.”

“Stop calling her madame, you’re not a maid here, and you’re throwing me out when you don’t even go out yourself.”

“Do you really want me to get killed by your mother? And you’ll probably meet your future wife here tonight so you better fix yourself now. You didn’t even cut your hair short, seriously. I can imagine myself being punished tomorrow.”

“Why the hell do they even punish you when we both know that you’re such a perfect boy.”

“No I’m not. My own existence itself is a huge mistake. Let’s not go into that, we’ve talked about that a hundred times already. Changed that coat of yours, do you really plan of coming out there with that printed one? Choose something more formal.”

“I threw them all.

Ricky couldn’t help but look at the other with wide eyes and wide open mouth. After looking at his own clothes, he turned back his attention to his brother and started stripping, making the other jump away from the bed and cover his eyes, cheeks blushing like ripe tomatoes.

“Here, just use my attire. Your pants are fine so you won’t need mine. And don’t complain if this coat is quite smaller than what you’re- why are you covering your eyes?”

“Then why are you trying to get in front of me?!”

“Oh please, we’re both males and whatever I have, you have it as well so stop acting like a shy teenage girl. Wear this quickly.”

Reaching out, Chnagjo successfully took hold of Ricky’s clothes, yet he’s still not wearing it, making the pale guy irritated than he already is.

“What are you waiting for, hurry up!”

“I’m not moving here until you wear something!”

“I’ve already worn a shirt so you could open up your eyes now. And wear that immediately.”

After all the deeds done, which includes another cat fight from the two when Ricky styled Changjo’s hair in a more formal way, he’s ready to go, but seeing what’s coming towards the bedroom at the end of the corridor, his brother’s room, he faced Ricky while pointing at his back.

Seeing the other’s pale face, he understood what danger was coming so he quickly pulled Changjo into the bed, followed suit and covered theirselves with the thick blanket. Hearing the knob being turned, he pulled out the earphones from where it’s plug, letting the pop music fill the room.

“Ricky, did Chnagjo went here?

Shaking his head, he kept his hand on his brother’s mouth muffling the sounds, and keeping him close to his chest to make it look like he’s simply cuddling one of his pillows.

“And turn off that awful sound or I’ll confiscate your phone.”

After waiting for a while to make sure that his stepmother has already came down the stairs, he let go of Chnagjo, who’s now just frozen in spot, eyes blinking quickly but like a robot, and cheeks the shade of flaring red again. He tried shaking him, calling his name straight into his ear, but no reaction. Changjo’s attention was all in his racing heartbeat, and a tinge of Ricky’s scent that remained sticking to him. he couldn’t calm down even for a bit, and when he recovered from the unusual shock, his eyes grew wider when he noticed tha pale boy looking at him intently, those pretty brown orbs trying to capture him again.

But he musn’t lose, he tells himself.

“I need to go now.”

“Yes you should, obviously. What happened? Have I accidentally choked you earlier? I’m sorry then.”

“No you’ve done nothing wrong, I should go now. Yeah, that’s right. I’ll go now. Bye.”

“Do you know that you sound and move like an idiot right now? The door’s there, that’s the bathroom.”

“Of course I know! I was just testing you, you know?! Well, bye!”

Hearing his bedroom door slammed loudly, he groaned in annoyance. His brother doesn’t need to prove his strenght, his record in winning competitions in martial arts says it all. And he has seen Changjo’s confident side in school all the time, but he still couldn’t understand why he acts reversely when at home.

Knowing that he could do nothing but bore his self to death, he decided to take a bubble bath, and sleep earlier than he already planned.

==

And he wished for a hope to fill him

That would never fade away

It was out of his reach as he tried to run faster

And his heart remained out of his chest

It’s sleeping together with his tears

“Let’s go together to school this time!’

“I’ve told you, I’ve aleays took the bus. I don’t break that habit of mine.”

“My witch mom’s on a business trip, and dad doesn’t really care so no matter what you say, I’m bringing you with to the car.”

“Your mother might not be here physically, but she’s got a lot of eyes and ears here, so once she return from that trip, I’ll end up being scolded so no thanks.”

“A little charn would do the magic. Don’t worry, they won’t tell a word about this.”

“No, and my decision is final. Now finish your breakfast quickly or you’ll be late.”

After the last mouthful of rice and ham, Ricky took his bag and quicly walked out the house, making sure that Changjo would not follow. Knowing how stubborn the other could be, he’s not taking any chances of being carried and dragged into the family car. Noticng his brother in a hurry, Chnagjo just took a toast and run towards Ricky’s direction. Even the way they were their uniforms are opposite. The pale boy is an image of a proper and poilte student, uniform worn correctly paireed with black leather shoes, backpack filled with the needed references, school materials, and finished assignments. The other one is being ragged as usual, his coat not buttoned and his tie missing, prefers sneakers and brings nothing but a pouch, all his things left as always at his locker in school.

“What are you doing? You should take the car, stop following me now and call the driver so he could take you from here.”

Before he could continue with his walk to the bus stop, he felt the other’s hand grab his wrist. Looking at Chnagjo, he thought he saw a beaten puppy, that he couldn’t help to leave him right there all alone. But remembering what could happen later due to what he’s about to do, he strengthened his mindset and pulled his arm away from the now serious-looking boy.

“Can’t you let me experience what you’re doing for the past four years?”

“Are you more idiot than what I think you are? Can’t you really get a grasp of the situation? They accepted me in your family and is given the chance of having a quality education that I always wanted, but in return, I should never do anything that could give bad reputation to the name given to me, and I should never try to be close to you. Why do you keep on breaking that rule?!”

“Why do you only think about that? Do you know how much it hurts me when you don’t admit to others that were brothers back then? I even need to tell them myself so they would know and you don’t even react afterwards. I was really happy when you came, but you keep on avoiding me. Of course I would do anything to get closer to you.”

“IF you really care about me, then stop being a spoiled brat who only do what he wants, and stop following me.”

Before Changjo could answer back, Ricky was already many steps ahead, not looking back despite his brother’s calling. He had experienced so many hardships already that now is not the time to loosen his tough and be swayed by his brother’s words. In any ways, that sweet little brother would understand everything when he matures and would turn into someone like his father.

The present would pass and the future that he never wanted to see would still come.

==

When he returned to his bed

There were no traces of the tears

And his heart was silent, still, unmoving

Not wanting to see those eyes cry again

And it returned to him but he still felt empty

All eyes were on him after entering the school gate, and he already know the reason behind it. He expected it already, especially when nothing big happened lately, the news about him lying over his true identity would really spread like wildfire in a forest of dying trees.

He was planning to spend this day as quietly as possible and hide among the shadows of skyscrapers, namely his classmates, until he felt a strong arm around his shoulders. He didn’t need to look to know who it is, judging by the sound of the said person’s laughter and the familiar whiff he radiates.

“Haven’t I told you that I’ll do anything to get closer to you?”

“When did you start using the same soap and shampoo?”

“Just yesterday. I realized how I love this scent. Aren’t you happy? We now smell the same.”

Ricky felt like killing his brother, knowing that he stole from his stash, and seeing the wide grin on the other’s face.

“Hey Changjo, you could stop pretending already.”

“Pretending about?”

“About the two of you being close. We already know that he’s just a child by mistake, and you’re being good to him so no one would know about his secret. It’s fine now, you should hang out with us and not with that loser.”

He approached the two guys now laughing at the pitiful form of Ricky, but the latter held his hand so he would not do anything rash. Even though he felt thankful that he’s got someone like Changjo who’s willing to protect him every time the same thing happens, he could not let him into another trouble.

“Hey dwarf, stop holding on to Changjo. You really think he would stick by you after all these?”

“Really, having no shame after lying.”

“You heard them, let go.”

Seeing him smile with concern after moving away, he knows that what would happen is inevitable. Punches were thrown, and the two guys who are boasting earlier ended up lying on the floor, with bloody noses and busted lips. Seeing his work, Changjo laughed at the two and grabbed them by the collar of their uniforms.

“You really think I would hang out with you? Ricky is still greater than the two of you combined, and I’ll never let him be treated that way again. Ever. And I mean it. So stand up now and say sorry to him.”

Standing up first, he approached Ricky who’s now shaking his head in disbelief, knowing that the last time his brother beat the hell out of others was during elementary years, and for the lamest reason of a prank causing Ricky to go home covered in black paint.

Looking back, he saw the two figures scampering away and was planning to run after them but Ricky just stood in front of him, not letting him move any further.

“They should be sorry for what they said to you!”

“When they believed that I was an adopted child, I was not treated as a real son, and now that they know about me being a child from a mistress, do you think they’ll treat me better, of course not. They’ll treat me worse than they already do. Especially when they know I lied about it for a long time already.”

“But-”

“Let’s just go to our classes and not mind them for the rest of the day. And stop punching people like that, or you’ll be sued by one of them.”

Seeing Ricky’s serious face, he let himself be dragged, smiling a little after hearing the next words that he doesn’t always receive from the other.

“And by the way, thanks.”

==

And that heart would cry within

But would never let him know it

For if he gets weak the world would crush him

And together they’ll fail in a wink

So as long as he’s smiling, his heart would bear it

“What is wrong with you?! You hurt the son of one of our most-trusted clients! What would they think of us after what you did?!”

Changjo was already preparing for a slap that he’s got used to with every single mistake he had committed. But it never fell on his cheek. Opening his eyes slowly, he saw a familiar form in front of him, standing firm and not minding the sting of the slap.

“And now what, you want to be my son’s hero?”

“No Madame, I’m the one who’s in the wrong here. I made him do it.”

“Ricky?!”

“Shut up, now you, go on with what you’re about to say.”

“I told him that I’ve had enough of those hurtful words, so I asked him a favor if he could beat those guys, so he did. It was all my fault, your son should not be punished.”

“Very well, because you’re taking responsibility of your actions, never come out of your room until I say so. And you’ll not take dinner as well. And you young man, you’ll approach the Sung and Yoon tomorrow and ask for forgiveness. Now go back to your rooms.”

When she’s out of their sights, Changjo quickly approached him and checked the red cheek.

“Why did you do that?”

“You’ve helped me this morning; I’m just doing my part today.”

“Don’t you see that I don’t like you getting hurt? Just let me be your protector, you don’t need to do anything but just stand behind me and never go away.”

“That’s funny. You should not look bad tomorrow for the date with your future wife, so I took the slap. A bruise on the face might ruin it all. I’ll be sleeping early so you should rest now as well. But eat dinner okay.”

“It should have been better if I received that slap. She needs to turn me down as early as possible ‘cause I’m not marrying her.”

“Oh I’m telling you, you will. And what’s wrong with Hyeri? She’s really pretty and she seems nice.”

“I don’t care. And stop complimenting her.”

“Oooh, looks like somebody’s jealous. Don’t worry; I won’t snatch her away from you.”

“I’m not into her. I’ll never be possessive of that girl. What I don’t like is you turning your attention to her and not to me. You even spend more time with her than me at school.”

“I’m just helping you out, if I did not explain things to her, she might not give you a chance anymore.”

“That is what I’m actually hoping for!”

“We will get old and have our own families. We could never depend on each other that long, so you better get used to a life not attached to me. I’m just your brother who will leave this house after graduation and never look for you. So it’s better if you start hating me now.”

“…I could never hate you.”

“Well neither do I. But we’re born in this life so we’ve got no choice but move along with it.”

It was minutes ago since Ricky went into his room, but Changjo remained downstairs, thinking about their conversation. It was the truth. The world would not change according to how they want it to be, they are the ones that should try to fit in.

And he hates it when he heard it coming from the person he wants to be with for the rest of his life.

 

*Aaw, a broken changrick, but don't worry, I'm planning on making the second part 'cause I'll be heartbroken if they don't end up together. Yeah, I'm a crazy author, right? Loving angst despite of being hurt herself after reading her own work. Anyways, you'll never know what pairing would I choose for the next one-shot, but I assure you, I love them all... but maybe I love NAP a little more. (protecting herself from fans of other otp)

*Lovelots! And a free hug for you dear readers and fellow fans.

#changrick.kills.me.with.aegyo