love is forgiving -for ItsJustSarax

Lost in the Love Lane - Teen Top OTPs One-Shot Collection

*Hello, hello. I'm sorry for not being able to update for weeks, life at work has been quite busy so I'm showing up again after weeks, here's my gift to ItsJustSarax, for the request last time. I really hope you enjoy reading this first part of the story, for this would be a two-shot. =) Lovelots to you! Here's a free hug. \(o_o)/

*I'm sorry if it's not that beautiful of a story, but I hope you enjoy the second part once it's up here as well. Thanks again!

 

 

It has been three weeks since then.

And he did believe in those words he had always heard from someone who could easily say time would heal all wounds, you don’t need to be in a hurry to move on, it will be alright soon. They could easily say those words, he thought, for they we’re not the ones left by someone they care for, not the ones who’ve been lied to by the person they trust.

The only ones who would understand are the ones who are broken. But at the same time, every single ones who are broken are not broken in the same place. But the sense of feeling pain is present to all.

And he had woke up for the nth day hoping that once he had opened his eyes and looked forward to another new day, he won’t meet his heart who’s still drowning in tears that he had not shed through those years.

When he lost him.

When he left him.

“You know what? You should go out there already and meet someone. Life’s full of anyway, so you better live it out ‘cause I hate seeing you fall into that state of despair. Come on, he’s dating someone else already, so step up your game as well.”

“Niel, it’s not like I chose to be partner-less. So as a good friend, would you mind stopping that spout of words that I don’t care at all?”

“Fine, it out on me but I’m setting up a blind date for you. And no, you can’t stop me.”

And what had others said as well in order to move on quickly from a failed relationship? Right, Get into another and focus your attention just to him or her. The main problem? Emotions are not persons that could be easily deceived, in one way or another, no matter how hard one would try in pretending, it would never change in a blink of an eye.

--

Nothing could get worse than breaking up with someone dear to you, well, perhaps it would be when you find out that you’re current date is a good friend of the new partner of your first love. Something more worse? When you’re all sitting across each other after coincidentally making reservations in the same restaurant.

“Isn’t it funny? You should have seen Ricky when he was dancing to Ice Cream Cake, it-”

“Oh shut up. You were the one who danced to Lion Heart so you don’t have the right to make fun of me.”

“Um, guys, I think I need to go first… I’m… feeling quite nauseous so… enjoy the rest of the night.”

Just wait Niel, I’ll strangle you once I arrive at home, setting me up on a date that forgets about you once he meets up with someone he labels as just as a close friend  and acts like they’re the couple. I hate you.

“Changjo, I think I should drive for Chunji here since he’s not feeling well. If you don’t mind.”

“No, it’s fine! Really.”

“I’m sorry Byunghyun, I think I should be the one who-”

“Shut up you two. I’m going home alone. I’ll go first Changjo, Ricky… Byunghyun.”

Nodding towards the three, avoiding the gaze of a certain someone, he hurriedly took his phone and left the three. It doesn’t help him that he still blushes that his heart still beats madly when his past partner is around. He does hurry in moving on so he could look forward to the future without any memory holding him from moving on but it is easier said than done.

Always easier said than done.

His train of thoughts was broken when he felt the familiar warm grasp around his left wrist, and he hopes that his pulse wouldn’t give away the nervousness he still feels at the moment. He’s afraid that the walls he started to build around him would crumble down once he look at him straight in the eye.

“Chunji… hear me out first, please? I didn’t know we would be in the same place for our date night and I know I’m-”

“Don’t. You don’t need to explain anything anyway. It’s funny though. Since we never agreed at almost anything and here we are agreeing to go to the same restaurant. Go back there now, or they would wonder why you left your date.”

“It’s not a problem, since they were talking so animatedly I feel like the third wheel so-”

“But I’m not fine with this! Just go, okay? How can you act as if you were not the one who decided to pull away because you’re tired of me? And you approach and hold me right now as if you just did not break up with me through a text message only?”

Without waiting for the other to retort back, Chunji ran away but he knows a part of him is still left with Byunghyun, and until now he couldn’t bear to take it back.

--

“No, I’m not talking to you. So move out the way Niel.”

“I’m really sorry Chunji-ah, I really did not know that the close friend Ricky always babble about is the one Byung’s dating now. I didn’t want to hurt you, you know that.”

“I do know that, but if my character die in Overwatch because you’re blocking the screen I would really not talk to you for a week so move out!”

“Oh… right, right! I’m sorry! Go Chunji! Kill them all!”

“Stop cheering on me thinking I would forget about what happened yesterday. I’m still angry at you, you Goby fish.”

Pouting like a child, Niel latched his self on Chunji’s side, mumbling continuous sorry and forgive me and Chunji can’t help but melt to his best friend being adorable and looking pitiful.

“It’s fine now, but would you mind detaching yourself away from me? I know we’re close but I’m not ready to die from your boyfriend strangling me because you’re glued to me most of the time than being with him.”

“Yah! Minsoo’s a nice guy, he really is! He doesn’t mind because he understands me well and-”

“Okay, I’ve heard that a thousand times already so seal that lips of yours before I tell your beloved Minsoo that you actually stalk him in real life and in his SNS before you met him and he unluckily asked you out. You sure you didn’t use any love potion to lure him-”

His words were cut off after being hit by his favorite pink pillow right on his face, making him almost curse and let go of the controller.

“And they say you’re the angel between the two of us. They don’t know you well!”

Laughing at his friend’s retreating figure, Chunji continued on his game, drowning his thoughts of yesterday.

--

He wonders if it’s fate trying to make fun of him, but he’s on a bus where the one he’s trying to get away from is riding on as well, and the only seat left is beside the said source of his current pain.

Standing up is not such a bad idea if not for the reason of getting the people’s attention for avoiding sitting beside a stranger.

“Oh, hey Chunji.”

Nodding his head towards the other, he wishes that the conversation would die down as quick as it started so he wouldn’t end up cursing under his breath for such a misfortune.

“You know what, I guess the world got back at me for breaking your heart.”

As curious as he is, Chunji tried to keep a straight face and avoided looking at Byunghyun, not wanting to look concerned for the latter.

“…I saw them. Ricky and Changjo. In a compromising position. Inside my date’s house. On the couch. I’m not that shocked though, since they always looked like they’re about to eat each other when they’re together. I’m just quite regretful, but not that much. I thought we really clicked, I guess it’s not all about the compatibility after all.”

“You’re thinking that way now? After you argued that the Vampire Diaries is way better than IZombie for more than an hour? And after we fought over having pancakes or rice meals for breakfast? Seriously?”

If he could he would clamp his mouth at the moment to avoid spouting more complains but seeing the smile now painted on Byunghyun’s lips, he couldn’t help but smile as well. He never thought he would get another decent conversation with him after avoiding him like the plague for weeks.

“We really did not click together. It’s just that… we’re satisfied with each other’s presence that the fights seem nothing. I just didn’t notice that you we’re growing tired of it all.”

Silence. And Chunji felt like taking his words back if he could, it’s true that they were friends before they became lovers but he thinks he shouldn’t go over the line again. It was not a mistake to him, but seeing what it caused them, he rather not try again.

“No… I’m tired of the arguments… but I’m not tired of you. I’m really sorry for being an idiot.”

He would never cross that line again. Or the cycle would just repeat. And that is what he’s tired of. Not Byunghyun himself.

“I accepted your sorry right after our last fight that made you broke up with me. I believe we’re better off as friends, right? It’s more comfortable that way.”

Not wanting to hear his answer, more like, afraid of hearing what Byunghyun would say, he decided to drop at the stop still far from his house. Walking would help him forget for a moment, he thinks.

Byunghyun remain fixed on his seat, afraid of his own next words that he couldn’t say at all. No matter how much he still cares and regrets making the one he love cry a river.

“… that’s right Chunji. You deserve someone who will treat you like the jewel you are, not make you frown and angry all the time. I don’t deserve you. I don’t.”

They both cry for different reasons.

For he lost him out of fear that he really never loved him as much as he does.

For he left him out of fear that he would never be able to make him happy as much as he wants to.

They let their fears consume them that they are the ones who are torturing themselves. If only they had spoken more, if only they were braver, perhaps, the pains they’re carrying now would not be there. Perhaps, they would think of other couples breaking up as an image they would never go through.

Perhaps, they just happen to love each other so much that they thought more than they should have.

 

 

*Again, I'm still open for requests so feel free to do so in the comments. =)